The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

"Tongues of Stone", Gargoyle, Solo Gargoyle with No CC and No Fire Weakness

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello all.

I tried to use some terms for the discussion title to help those looking for information. My experience just now with the quest, done as part of a zone set to VR5 difficulty, was as follows:

All of the gargoyles in the quest completion area:

- were immune to all forms of CC, including knockbacks
- used their rapid healing ability on fire damage as well as other types
- didn't always spawn the needed tongue when killed
- required at least one other player to defeat

I was playing as a templar who has skill with both staffs and two-handed weapons. While soloing I could play the gargoyle to a draw for at least 2-3 minutes (others came by at that point and pitched in), but no lasting dent was made in the gargoyle's health when I was one-on-one. That gargoyle gave no tongue when beaten, and fortunately another player happened along during the rematch, after which the quest did finally advance.

If you have played through this quest at the Qharroa Ruins in Bankorai at the level 37-43, VR5 or VR10 setting with the same gargoyle attributes and you have advice/strategies for soloing the gargoyles there, please share them here for other players.
Edited by tinythinker on June 28, 2014 10:01PM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this