The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update and Add-ons - what a pain

• zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do we lose all our setting when an update is performed?
    Why do all the Add-ons go out of date?

I love the add-on system, but sometimes it is a pain.

Is there a way to prevent this?
    1. that was propably a mistake. They changed that saved variables are no longer seperated by accounts, wich also invalidated all the stored data. You can work around this if you know of it and have a backup:
    http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1843
    Better keep up to date backups. They propably change it back to the way it used to be soon (that looks like a mistake and nothing else).

2. Out of Date means API Version of the Addon ~= API Version of the game. We need some time to patch our client, then check if it still all works and then we just change the line:
    ## APIVersion: 100003
    too
    ## APIVersion: 100007

Most of the addons can be left enabeled. The chance to hit exaclty where they changed something is low.
    But since there is a non-zero chance for each out of date addon to cause exceptions they are enabeled "just to be certain". Unless you override that.
    Edited by zgrssd on June 25, 2014 11:17PM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.