The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hitting VR and unfinished L1 - L50 Quests

Gillysan
Gillysan
✭✭✭✭
So what exactly happens when I hit VR to those unfinished L1 - L50 quests? I'm mainly a solo player & crafter, pve, but not adverse to pvp. PvP is only a low priority while there are things to do in PvE.

Example: Reapers March has gone grey to me and I still have 2/3 of the quests to do. I have access to Coldharbor and tried a few quests, mostly went there to harvest some nodes. Should I go ahead and finish the Main Story and get to VR or is it better to avoid VR and finish the quests in Reapers?

Also any other considerations I may have missed. I have alts so I'm really not happy with going to another Alliance with X character just to repeat what Y character has done. I'd rather quit the game and come back in a year if they do something interesting with characters "infiltrating" into another Alliance.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your faction's zones don't change, there is no 'VR' version of those for you, only the other two, when you re-visit your 'own' zones at 50+ you still see them are 'normal'.

You'll never see other factions' VRs in 'your' zones and you'll never see 'their' normal players in their zones.

So, activating VR doesn't have any effect on your Reaper's March quests, for example.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on June 23, 2014 7:52AM
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens is that you will no longer get exp towards levels from those quests, you can finish them still. However you will still get exp towards skills from those.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    What happens is that you will no longer get exp towards levels from those quests, you can finish them still. However you will still get exp towards skills from those.

Actually unless it got changed, i believe you get experience towards your veteran rank from any quest you complete, even those in non-veteran areas. Only experience from mob kills (and possibly exploration, chest lockpicks etc.) do not count towards veteran Xp anymore.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    (and possibly exploration, chest lockpicks etc.) do not count towards veteran Xp anymore.
    This is also true.

• Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, that gives me an idea what to do next. At the least skills continue to progress.