The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This game needs Speech/Chat Bubbles

Iink
Iink
✭✭✭✭
Elder Scrolls Online is an MMO, what is a core part of an MMO? The player interactions. Half the fun in any MMO is the online interactions between players while the other half lies in gameplay. In my opinion the gameplay in ESO is fine, but there is BARELY any player interaction, it is terrible. I'm only getting half my money's worth out of this game.

When I play this game, I go up to strangers and say "Hi" in all chat, hoping to either quest with them, or make a new friend (not to spam, not to sell stuff, just to socialize and rightfully so as this is an ONLINE game. 9/10 they ignore me, and go about doing their own thing, not even say "hi" back. I even try whispering and still sometimes don't get responses. Why bother make this an MMO if players don't even interact with each other? ESO might as well be a single player game then!

There could be two reasons to why I have to deal with being constantly ignored when trying to socialize and enjoy the ONLINE aspect of this game.

1. The community is antisocial (if people don't like socializing with other players, that's fine. But if that's the way they are, then they shouldn't play an MMO, where socializing with other players is what makes MMOs what they are. They should go play single player games instead).
2. The players I come across can't see the all chat, or are too preoccupied to read the all chat or whispers. If this is the case, having a bubble with the text that I say, appear on the screen above my character will get their attention. Also it will let them know who is saying it, and where I am. It will allow for conversations to flow more naturally and more fluent.

The lack of chat bubbles has damaged our community and it's very very hard to interact with other players in this game. Without chat bubbles, player interaction in this game is basically dead. Without player interaction, this game isn't an MMO. And without the MMO aspect of this game, it's just a single player game.

Half the fun in this game is killed due to the fact that I can't even talk to other players most of the time. This game needs chat bubbles or else half the fun factor is dead, there is no ONLINE aspect to elder scrolls ONLINE, if people can't even talk to one another without being ingnored most of the time.

Is there anyway to get Zenimax's attention and get them to add chat Bubbles to this game, there is no reason not include them. Almost every MMO has chat bubbles and is great for keeping the community alive and social. This MMO (ESO) doesn't have chat bubbles and the social player interactions in this game are almost none existent (unless you manage to get into a guild, or talk in zone chat). What ever happened to the classic MMO experience of exploring, bumping into another player, and making a new friend?

ESO needs chat bubbles.

EuLtLbB.jpg
Edited by Iink on June 18, 2014 7:25PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're coming!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're coming in Update 5 according to sources. Cool your jets.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    I think his jets have been cooled by now since the OP is from June :p
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
    They added them <3
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    @link I like your chat bubbles better, it's nice to have them now but hopefully they improve them a bit at some point in the future or at least add some settings for text size, etc...
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>