The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Racial Motif's

• Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Odd I'd rather adventure then spend all day farming. If I wanted to do that I'd be playing Farmville..
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    posting the same thread 2 or 3 times over wont change ppls minds. motifs are fine the way they are. they DID get lowered like you want them to, when the game was released. Daedrics were going for 300K! primals for 75K! and many other insane prices! you want these motifs to be rare again so you can go back to charging insane prices. if im wrong, and that's NOT what you want fine, but either way, motifs are fine right now. if they get lowered like you want, people will have to turn into the farmers you so very much hate, just to find them. That, or pay 300K for one:/ stop spamming the forums, all you need is one thread. yes ppl farm it and exploit it, that's true. but you don't have to ruin the game for the "normal" players, all because some ppl take advantage of the system. stop trying to ruin motif finding for everyone.
    Edited by Cody on June 23, 2014 4:15AM
    Options
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    No youre wrong, by lowering the drop rate youll remove farmers because then theyre not able to farm them, on monday theyre probably making motif 11-14 purple and Motif 10 Legendary.

And i see no other reason for doing this because Zenimax dont want people farming racial motif's by relogging or any other means.

Just go look at all the noob threads about being scammed by VR players, Low level player who arent the brightest cant read the racial motif's because they dont entirely understand the message and feel like theyre being scammed. By reducing the drop rate they fix some problems of the IMMENSE Racial motif market there is atm. In crowded zone there is a guy selling motifs every 5 minute.
    Pedin i phith in aníron, a nin ú-cheniathog

Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No youre wrong, by lowering the drop rate youll remove farmers because then theyre not able to farm them, on monday theyre probably making motif 11-14 purple and Motif 10 Legendary.

And i see no other reason for doing this because Zenimax dont want people farming racial motif's by relogging or any other means.

Just go look at all the noob threads about being scammed by VR players, Low level player who arent the brightest cant read the racial motif's because they dont entirely understand the message and feel like theyre being scammed. By reducing the drop rate they fix some problems of the IMMENSE Racial motif market there is atm. In crowded zone there is a guy selling motifs every 5 minute.[/the drop rate would be nerfed, but they would STILL be obtainable. This would be exactly like it was on release. The motifs would be rare as hekc, but people would STILL find them, but they would charge insane prices for them. if this happens, then people will either have to pay 10X what the motif really si worth, OR spend 3 weeks hoping to find even ONE motif. idk if you were playing on release, but it was bad. nerfing drop rates wont fix the issue of relog exploits. you cant just simply take out reclogging, as ppl may actually have to get off to do something. and you cant nerf the drop rates, because then everyone would have to either 1) get VERY lucky in finding motifs. 2) spend a didiculous amount of gold on one 3) farm.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »

Just go look at all the noob threads about being scammed by VR players, Low level player who arent the brightest cant read the racial motif's because they dont entirely understand the message and feel like theyre being scammed. By reducing the drop rate they fix some problems of the IMMENSE Racial motif market there is atm. In crowded zone there is a guy selling motifs every 5 minute.
    the drop rate would be nerfed, but they would STILL be obtainable. This would be exactly like it was on release. The motifs would be rare as hekc, but people would STILL find them, but they would charge insane prices for them. if this happens, then people will either have to pay 10X what the motif really si worth, OR spend 3 weeks hoping to find even ONE motif. idk if you were playing on release, but it was bad. nerfing drop rates wont fix the issue of relog exploits. you cant just simply take out reclogging, as ppl may actually have to get off to do something. and you cant nerf the drop rates, because then everyone would have to either 1) get VERY lucky in finding motifs. 2) spend a didiculous amount of gold on one 3) farm.

Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    god dang comment format
    Options
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but that's the way it should be, I don't think everything should be obtainable just because the majority or the lesser think its to hard finding motifs, I can say it over and over again this will only benefit the game in my opinion, IF they do what is currently happening on PTS [ Racial Motif 11-14 will be made Purple and Racial motif 10 will be legendary ] Ive been thinking since Early acces that it should be like this, I like hard PvE content, PvP and trading for profit. Motif farmers are annoying and theyre ruining the prices for me.

Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate is NOT fine atm, When youre able to farm over 10 Motifs in a day and earn 250-350k doing so.

Idc that you think im greedy cause i wanna make gold cause that's who iam.

Im 100 % not trolling im serious about this and doubt that Zenimax choose to change the current state due to my 2 Threads, possibly because they noticed that high tier players are abusing the fact that VR1-10 motif's are farmable and theyre making so much gold scamming people who are unaware that they cant read them before theyre level 40 in Blacksmithing,Clothing and Woodworking.

And I doubt Zenimax main core players are "normal" players who go to forums to whine about motifs, it's more likely hardcore PvE/PvP players theyre aiming to "nerf"

There will ALWAYS be those type of players, the ones who find ANY method to become super rich in game. There will also ALWAYS be those types, like me and many others, who don't farm anything and are LUCKY when we find ANY rare Motifs, Recipes, etc. Your logic is invalid because players will find something else to make gold off of and it's completely screwing over those of us who the RNG gods hate so dearly.
    Options
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    In game economics are very complicated.

If you nerf the drop rates too much, people lose hope of finding what they want and turn to RMT gold sellers. This influx of RMT gold will cause rampant inflation across the board. This is a difficult spiral effect to halt or control. It has broken the economy of several MMOs in the not too distant past already.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that in this game, which started out with a damaged economy due to the duping exploit at launch.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
    Options
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's already official that theyre nerfing rare motif's 10-14 DeLindsey, so it looks like even the majority of the community or Zenimax think that Motif farming is a problem.

And my logic might not be valid to you but that's because its MY logic , not yours, and EVERYONE is lucky when they find a motif, not just you and "all" the other people you think you speak for, I don't farm, never have never will because it's boring as ****

If you think trading items and doing content is a dirty way to get rich then im one.

Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's already official that theyre nerfing rare motif's 10-14 DeLindsey, so it looks like even the majority of the community or Zenimax think that Motif farming is a problem.

Mind linking the thread where ZoS said they are re-nerfing Motifs 10-14? I checked the recent discussions page and Patch notes page and saw nothing. For some reason the PTS 1.2.2 patch notes thread is missing, maybe you saw it there? And if this is true than unf for me, and many like me, I have utterly no hope of ever getting the Rare Motifs if they nerf them down once again.

I don't play MMO's to spend all my time trying to make in game currency to buy ultra rare items and my bad luck with RNG is legendary going back to my TBC raiding days in WoW. I can't tell you how many Sunwell runs I've done over the YEARS and I've never seen that bow drop for my Hunter, not even at level 85 when we were doing it weekly with 5 players and I only wanted it for show. And don't even get me started on the Raven Lord mount.
    Options
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm unsure what the OP is actually complaining about.

It sounds like he's largely complaining about the farming. However making them rarer simply means the price will go up and the farmers (who will still be farming) will simply charge more.

On the flipside, this will make it so the non-farmers are more likely to have to rely on the farmers to get them. Really, if you're trying to get rid of the farmers, you should make them MORE common.

That said, if the goal is simply to make motifs rarer, and we don't really care if that means more money in the farmers pockets...
    Then I have to disagree. Since they are purely cosmetic options, I don't particularly think they should be rare at all.
    Achievements Suck
    Options
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they allready nerfed the drop rate this morning during the maintenance, On Monday's Patch/maintenance I read theyre making Racial motif 11-14 Purple and 10 Legendary.

Whether this is getting implemented on Monday or not idk.

Options
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they allready nerfed the drop rate this morning during the maintenance, On Monday's Patch/maintenance I read theyre making Racial motif 11-14 Purple and 10 Legendary.

Whether this is getting implemented on Monday or not idk.

It's also unclear from the patch notes, whether or not this change is purely cosmetic so you can identify them as what we already know them to be. The 'Rares' have always been rare, so it can be interpreted that this change to purple and yellow is only a visual clue with no change to drop rate.

The only clue we have is that some who play the PTS have said that their farming has been less productive than before this patch. It is still to be seen whether or not this aspect makes it to live.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but that's the way it should be, I don't think everything should be obtainable just because the majority or the lesser think its to hard finding motifs, I can say it over and over again this will only benefit the game in my opinion, IF they do what is currently happening on PTS [ Racial Motif 11-14 will be made Purple and Racial motif 10 will be legendary ] Ive been thinking since Early acces that it should be like this, I like hard PvE content, PvP and trading for profit. Motif farmers are annoying and theyre ruining the prices for me.
    yes, but you are trying to ruin it for the majority that ARE NOT motif farmers I don't want to have to pay you 200K for a daedric motif, if I choose to buy one, and neither does 70-80% of the community right now. and tbh, they are not valuble enough, in my opinion anyway, to be as rare, and cost as much, as you want/ All they do is let you look different, they don't give you unique abilities, or higher stats or anything. They are nice to have, and I do try to find them myself, but they are really, again, imo, not worth as much as you think. but I wont try to change your mind anymore. If you rely on trading with players for getting your gold, of course you will want to charge ppl 200K for a daedric, so I wont judge you.
    Edited by Cody on June 21, 2014 4:04AM
    Options
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    Im not trying to ruin anything, IM not the one WHO is changing this.

And i disagree, they give you Unique abilities such as crafting daedric armor, Imagine how amazing the armor will look when they add colour dye.

And I dont make my gold in Trading motif's, there are plenty other Things to trade for a nice profit. Just because your making Money of relogging and getting motfis doesnt mean everyone else is.

Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking news!!! As one of the maybe 75-99% of players who DON'T farm Motifs and are irritated by people like the OP who ask ZoS to further nerf RNG items like Motifs I can say this:

21 days, 5 Hours, 15 Minutes.

That's how long it took me on my main to find Daedric, I got it from some random cabinet while in Rivenspire. I don't have the addon to tell me what I loot so when I went to a vendor to sell crap I nearly jumped out of my seat. So after 21 days of played time I have the following:

1-9 + AE (I bought that for 13K) and Daedric. Still missing Imperial, Barbaric, Primal.

The OP is absolutely correct, this can not be allowed to continue. ZoS should nerf the spawn rates of Motifs into the ground so that only people who spend 5-10 hours per day solely farming motifs have access to them and the rest of us poor shlubs who play the game instead of play the farming game must fork over 100, 200, nay, 300K+ for rare items!! I demand ZoS fix this immediately for the sake of the 1%!!
    Options
  • mcfaen
    mcfaen
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    Breaking news!!! As one of the maybe 75-99% of players who DON'T farm Motifs and are irritated by people like the OP who ask ZoS to further nerf RNG items like Motifs I can say this:

21 days, 5 Hours, 15 Minutes.

That's how long it took me on my main to find Daedric.

If you find a good place with lots of boxes to loot my bet is that you can get the Daedric motif in 30 mins max!
    Options
  • Vazkahkatz
    Vazkahkatz
    ✭✭
    i actually think the opposite, though i would bet not many people would agree, that motief's and any rare drop's drop rate should be increased
    feel da powah of da katz!
    Options
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    You want Increased drop rate on Racial motif's ? So there will be more people scamming in the low level zones and more gold made for Motif farmers... There will allways be someone to buy them, and there will allways be someone to farm them if it's possible.

Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reduce the drop of Racial motif's allready, people are non-stop relogging to get these motif's just to go scam some low level who doesnt even meet the requirement's to learn to motif yet. The market is flooded with Racial motif's because people are abusing your ridiculous low drop rate, either reduce the drop to Purple food recipe or remove the relog container refill thingy.

Sounds like someone has some motif's sitting in the bank they want to sell for outrages prices.

The motifs are rare enough as they are I think. You don't find them that often, even when looking and they still sell for a lot of gold, but not such an outrages price that most players can't afford them after saving a bit.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    I dont have motif's because that's not where i make my outrageous ammounts of gold.

Options
  • Alephen
    Alephen
    ✭✭✭
    Mujuro wrote: »
    This may all be OBE with Monday's patch (the one that makes the rare motifs purple/gold) ... a guildie spent over 2 hours on PTS attempting to farm in one of the current hotspots and got none whatsoever.
    i have gone 3 hours without getting anything, RNG is a fickle mistress.
    Vuron wrote: »
    The thing you describe with wayshrines is not true. No idea where you have that information.

Of course it's true. You just have to wayshrine to another zone. There is no need to log off to get the containers to reset. I do it constantly.
    100% true.
    The drop rate is NOT fine atm, When youre able to farm over 10 Motifs in a day and earn 250-350k doing so.

Idc that you think im greedy cause i wanna make gold cause that's who iam.
    irony impaired
    farming is a matter of gold or xp made per hour. in this case a lower drop rate would increase the selling price of the motif until it hit bottom. now, a player can get a daedric for 20k, if the drop rate is cut to 1/3 prices immediately are back to 60k and the gold made per hour farming is the same.

this isnt exact, of course, some people with the less often drops will get more bored, so farmers would almost assuredly make mroe money then if the drop rate decreased.
    You want Increased drop rate on Racial motif's ? So there will be more people scamming in the low level zones and more gold made for Motif farmers... There will allways be someone to buy them, and there will allways be someone to farm them if it's possible.
    i understand you dont want more people scamming, competition is a... female dog in heat, isnt it?
    Edited by Alephen on June 21, 2014 7:37PM
    Options
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    I just dont want Racial motif's to be easy obtainable.

Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't farm, I open all containers I see when adventuring or banking and then move on. I've found 11 motifs since release, I never sold a single one, the duplicates went to my alt.

Frankly, I don't care if other people spend 5 hours a day farming and selling this stuff for thousands of gold. It doesn't diminish the fun I have playing this game. I just don't want to see drop rates nerfed to the ground so players like me will probably never find them and won't be able to afford buying them because of the ridiculous prices sellers will ask when supply is lower.

Just my two cents.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    as long as you don't try charging 75K for primals, I think we may just get along
    Im not trying to ruin anything, IM not the one WHO is changing this.

And i disagree, they give you Unique abilities such as crafting daedric armor, Imagine how amazing the armor will look when they add colour dye.

And I dont make my gold in Trading motif's, there are plenty other Things to trade for a nice profit. Just because your making Money of relogging and getting motfis doesnt mean everyone else is.
    who said I was doing it? cause I don't do it. I have better things to do than sit there for 9 hours opening a video game cabinet.
    and "how amazing this armor will look" peoples tastes are different. what looks "amazing" to you, may look like complete crap to someone else. again, its purely cosmetic, and imo, is not worth as much as you want them to be. but that's just me.
    Edited by Cody on June 23, 2014 2:52AM
    Options
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    yea that's just you, theyre worth ALOT.

Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just dont want Racial motif's to be easy obtainable.
    yea that's just you, theyre worth ALOT.

Not if everyone has them, which is what I would like. At the minute common racials are going for 2K or less, which is reasonable, at the current rate the rare ones will be at reasonable rates. At which point nobody will be farming them.

As far as I'm concerned that's a win-win situation for the game.

People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    If you can sell them for 20-30 k each, there will ALLWAYS be someone farming them

Options
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen a single un-common one with three characters now at VR levels.
    Options