Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What to do when you know your character is OverPowered

Auric_ESO
Auric_ESO
✭✭✭✭
At least from 10-25 so far my template is stupid OP. I usually tank, in light armor, 2-3 even to my level or +1-2 levels. If its solo creatures I've killed up to lvl20's at level 12 and not abusing the terrain. Which is just stupid. Without an ultimate and usually at full health. I've solo'd everything but group required content. I know that this is not the target dps that ZOS figured. I know I can /feedback it but putting in all your skills/passives/ and style of play into a feedback aint easy. Not sure if there is a better way to do it.
"The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the game is pretty easy until Veteran Ranks. You can indeed play the way you want without being punished using any build. I'll give them this one.
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    dont worry about it until vr1? I guess I could do this, but in comparison to my templar caster, templar melee, my nightblade caster is stupid easy.
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say you should put the details of your build up here so we can help you figure out what to report, and why.

You should also include details on which abilities you use to "open" your pulls, and any differences between single target, multi-target, and Elite/Survival pulls.

If you feel like you are mowing things down, you probably are. Something in the build is likely to be broken (or maybe just missing) when compared to the other styles and classes you have played.
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    nightblade caster type
    I think its an imperial since it was my first character. wish it had been some magika based one but oh well.

Its basically the following with a resto staff and a full set of twilight embrace gear light armor. I feel like a clothie tank of doom.

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-skill-calculator/nightblade/?calc=454.553.555.573.622.:657-1.658-1.659-1.660-1.661-1.698-2.699-1.711-1.712-1.713-1.743-1.760-2.763-2.:460.x461.618.651.::xf=0.0.0w0-0

Short version its 3 life sucking dots and return health to me, and the resto staff which is the same. Healing from staff on buttons 4 and 5, and an ultimate if I need to stun a large pack. If I am engaged with 3-4 baddies I jsut dot 1 and 2 everyone, then start the 3rd button downing them one at a time with the resto staff to take up the slack between thier health left at end of dot 3 and thier death. Usually 1-2 casts of heavy resto. With the combat cloud addon i have 20-30 little numbers flying around the screen of damage I'm taking, healing I'm getting from all the dots, and damage I'm inflicting, its amusing in a way. I just moved to greenshade at level 23 and am fighting paired 30's or single 30* (damn trolls take a while). If you ever get into trouble jsut hit the nightblade siphon ultimate (its usually at 1000 since I never use it and it regens hella fast) and you get the heavy stun and time to heal single spell and area heal and back to killing. Its really rather mindlessly easy excepting I still do the blocks of heavy hits and rolls out of red areas. 1,2 retarget, 1,2 retarget, 1,2 retarget back to 1 then 3 drain, resto staff, target 2 then 3 drain resto staff, target 3 then drain resto staff etc.

I dont think they did the calculations based on someone getting all 3 of the lifedrains (nightblade, mage guild, vamp) + resto staff + absorb health enchant on staff.
    Edited by Auric_ESO on June 16, 2014 10:56PM
  • OkieDokie
    OkieDokie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry mate, it is probably my fault, but I couldn't get what you are doing. Could you explain it with skill names?

I can say in advance that fighting mobs that outlevel you at this point in the game is common.
    Edited by OkieDokie on June 16, 2014 11:41PM
    People keep saying they heard of a friend of friend of friend of their neighbors that plays a NB and can catch up with dks and sorcs and this guy just never shows up. He would be a rock star if he existed.
  • Fuzzylumpkins
    Fuzzylumpkins
    ✭✭✭✭
    What to do when you know your toon is OP:

Play the devil out of it while preparing your complaint posts for forums to act like you had no idea the nerf bat was about to be swung.
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Auric_ESO‌ to me, it looks like you have a viable night blade "heal tank" build.
    The DPS is probably pretty low, and threat while tanking would be an issue, but you have stacked survivability through the roof.
    It actually looks ok to me.
    Good survival skills, and using them properly, are absolutely key to ESO. You have stacked them, pretty much to the exclusion of everything else, so you should survive.

The other builds you have setup on your other characters may be lacking in the survival department. I'd check into that area, especially since you appear to have the survival build mentality well in hand.
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    @Auric_ESO‌ to me, it looks like you have a viable night blade "heal tank" build.
    The DPS is probably pretty low, and threat while tanking would be an issue, but you have stacked survivability through the roof.
    Good survival skills, and using them properly, are absolutely key to ESO. You have stacked them, pretty much to the exclusion of everything else, so you should survive.

The other builds you have setup on your other characters may be lacking in the survival department. I'd check into that area, especially since you appear to have the survival build mentality well in hand.

Thanks. Killing high hp stuff like trolls may take a bit but dropping all those dots/drains on standard mobs the die really quickly. Can't really compare it to a dk or sorc since I don't know thier time to kill but mine seems pretty quick and survivability is through the roof. Like in rarely am I less than full health. And if I do I can drop the restoration staff heals on me or others
    Edited by Auric_ESO on June 17, 2014 12:09AM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make amend, play naked.
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny. I don't even have any cc. I just life drain anything moving. Now it pvp I'd have the issues of front loaded damage or interrupts that could cause issues
    Edited by Auric_ESO on June 17, 2014 12:12AM
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »

A heal tank would probably hold agro quite well for heal agro.