Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First Day Vet: Elated at defeating Molag Bal... then, deflated after experiencing "veteran" play...

Adramelach
Adramelach
✭✭✭
So, tonight I finally defeated Molag Bal with my AD sorceror, and got to the end game. It was a fun challenge, was tricky at times, but I got through the entire last part of the content without dying, including taking out Molag and such. I'm not a "l33t" player with world-class skillz, but I was pretty happy with myself, and felt, after getting through all that content in one go, that I don't do that badly, and I was feeling pretty good.

Then I got killed about a half dozen times in an hour of "veteran" play...

I wasn't alone, either. I had my friend along, a templar who also made it to the end-game tonight, having only died once through it all, and generally she and I do very well in all the content we've been through to date.

I won't elaborate on the problems we had, as it's all been discussed here many times over. The ridiculous difficulty of even some mobs in here, bosses, etc. The seeming inability to solo any of it effectively, or even go through it as a pair, as we were. The "rough" feel of the "tweaking", where one set of mobs is easy, and the next one just down the road annihilates you.

I am an old ES player from Daggerfall days, and I have always loved the story and content, I have always enjoyed the balance the games have had. I felt I could get through the combat and mechanics of the game, while enjoying the story along the way and having a good experience.

What I felt tonight was so much frustration and shock at the "cliff" of difficulty I'd just apparently climbed, that I wasn't really enjoying much of the story at all, having to simply work hard to keep from dying more often than I did. We got through it... most of it, anyway, wound up calling it a night, not having completed Crow's Wood, feeling exhausted and beaten.

I just wanted to add in my two cents. I was very disappointed, and I'm hoping some major adjustments are considered quickly. I've been with ESO since beta and early access, and I've really enjoyed the content and completing everything, until now. Suddenly I've hit a wall and it's just not fun.
Edited by Adramelach on June 15, 2014 3:31AM
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got veteran 1. I was getting hammered until I crafted full armor weapons blue set.

Then I did jjst fine