The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Dodge Suggestion

Drachdhar
Drachdhar
✭✭✭
Add a separate Dodge Pool, like what GW2 has. Would solve some of the issues with Stamina builds currently. It could even be a derived pool from stamina so the characters with high stamina can Dodge more times in a relatively short time span.

Right now, Stamina is used for way to many things. Whereas magicka can just be spammed with no thought...
  • Birfreben_Kinghelred
    Please, no!
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not like the separate pool solution even if anything would be better than current situation. I would personally prefer one of the many alternatives BUT please publicly acknowledge the stamina issue Zenimax.

Make your (skilled) game designers play 2 Handed, heavy armour 4/5 at least stamina-based character in mass PVP. Can we still believe or not ?
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    bothnutz wrote: »
    Please, no!

Sure as hell better than everyone running around in light armor and only using magicka skills and staffs...

I know my suggestion is far from a perfect solution, but considering all the things one use stamina for atm. Sprinting, Dodging, Blocking, Weapon Skills... thats a small pool of resources to do many many things. And with the soft cap at the same place as magicka, far more things that reduce magicka costs etc... why would anyone make a stamina build?
    I've been saying that stamina builds sucks since the beta, never once seen a reason to make one since about, even on a stamina build, 60% of your skillbar will probably be class skills anyway due to them just being plain better than any of the weapon skills.

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea. Better than what we have now for sure.
    And,of course, it should depend on stamina.
  • KaizerXul
    KaizerXul
    ✭✭✭
    Or, make dodge (and skills that everyone has that are stamina based) cost much, much less.
    "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now *I* am the master."
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To have magicka and stamina builds on equal opportunity, it would also be possible to half the cost for block/dodge/interrupt but deduct this from both, stamina & magicka at the same time.

That way, you could not get the "endless dodge"-option for pure magicka users that would result from reducing stamina cost or increasing stamina pool. Not sure whether sprint should be handled similarly, though.

Then make a dodge cost reducer passive part of medium armor and a block cost reducer passive part of heavy armor, both reducing cost for both pools. That would give a huge boost to viability for those armor types.
    Edited by Keron on June 23, 2014 10:37AM
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely needs some sort of rework as its a huge disadvantage to use too many stamina skills as they take away from your ability to block , cc break, and dodge roll.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thought even though this topic doesn't seem to get much attention:

Keep everything as is but award double (or maybe even triple) the stamina for each point invested into stamina. that would limit the magicka users to a workable but not too big stamina pool and give those that invest points into stamina added weapon damage (which it should) and increased pool (which it should).
  • pinstripesc
    pinstripesc
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is why dodge/CC break pulls a % of your bar. That just penalizes stamina stackers for investing more in the attribute. It's like if spells were to cost more because you had a higher maximum magicka. Wouldn't it be more legit to just make dodge cost whatever it does right now when you have 0 in stamina, and stay that way regardless of what you put into it?

EDIT: Though I just watched this video where Mystborn tested and found that the cost was the same in high stamina gear vs low, which contradicts everything I've heard about %s.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlvHyYjrkM#t=93
    Edited by pinstripesc on June 28, 2014 11:46AM
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: Though I just watched this video where Mystborn tested and found that the cost was the same in high stamina gear vs low, which contradicts everything I've heard about %s.

That's because people get it wrong (and are mostly not well informed), it uses a % of your base stamina, wich is the same for every characters from same levels unless they have specified traits (from gear, skills, passives or set item bonuses) reducing that base ammount by a set %.

Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on July 3, 2014 8:37PM