Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild Identity suggestions

bruceb14_ESO5
bruceb14_ESO5
✭✭✭
How about adding some suggestions for identifying with a specific guild on a campaign?

1) Raise a guild flag when taking a resource or keep - Not sure of the mechanics though of how that could be fair with so many possibly represented. Perhaps if a guild is making an official choice of campaign and only those guilds in the specific campaign can claim it. The keep/resource flips our guild flag drops just like our alliance flag drops. Guilds design their own flags.

2) Guild costumes - Choose guild costumes and don them when fighting as a guild. Right now there is very little visible guild identity.

3) Guild emos - Perhaps a few extra emos (Braveheart butt wiggle probably wouldn't be acceptable, although it would be fun.)

4) Choice to display Guild titles (or make some new titles for display). Guild ranking perhaps from activity?

Current system for guild ownership of one resource/keep on any random campaign just doesn't make sense. Choosing one in campaign guild chooses and choosing a meaningful keep/resource will make a difference in knowing, identifying and taking pride (or not) in your guild.

-
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    I'll use daoc as an example here, cause it's the most similar game.

1) In daoc it was basically a race to click the lord first. You needed a full group of 8 do be able to do so though. The guild that claimed it got their banner up on the walls next to the realm(faction) banner.
    They'd probably have to come up with something better though. I mean it worked back when but with the community these days? no thanks :P
    daoc-keep.jpg

2) Guild emblems on cloaks and shields, or wow-like tabards could all work. In daoc most guilds also dyed their armor to match their emblem.

3) Not something i'd particularly care about :P

4) I was in a guild WAAAY back in the days in daoc where everyone wore full black armor but the officers had yellow sleeves and the two GMs red ;)
    As long as you can hide it if you want, i don't see why not...
    Edited by Dudis on June 10, 2014 2:47PM
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    I agree (and like the pic), it should be an individual choice to show your guild colors, nametag, costume. Going back, I remember City of Heroes/Villains the costume choices and guild bases. It was an added thing to do that was fun if you felt like it. Much more meaningful though with group mechanics on ESO and can actually create more guild identity which is somewhat lacking right now.

I'm not sure of the mechanic for deciding who gets to raise their colors. Racing to the spot or stealthing to the spot, or causing friction over who gets it would be a downside. Others may have some suggestions that are workable.
    Edited by bruceb14_ESO5 on June 10, 2014 2:59PM