Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

As a Templar, I feel like...

Slash8915
Slash8915
✭✭✭✭✭
All of you DK's and Sorc's complaining about being "nerfed", are the equivalent of the spoiled rich kids in school that *** about how their parents only got them a BMW 5 series for their 16th birthday, not a 7 series.

Meanwhile, us Temps and NB's have to walk in the rain, or take the bus where the only open seat is next to the sweaty kid with extreme flatulence.

Seriously, stop complaining. Atleast you have a viable class to play despite the nerfs.
Edited by Slash8915 on June 10, 2014 5:43AM
VR12 Templar Tank
VR6 Dragonknight DPS
VR3 Templar Healer
  • Noctisse
    Noctisse
    ✭✭✭
    As a Templar, I feel like...[snip].

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_SandraF on June 10, 2014 3:33AM
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they bump templars up, they will need to bump everyones healing up. Templars are clearly the best healer in the game. If they turn into a great DPS, there will be no reason to play another class. It will be DK v2.0

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I can respec and max out all my crafting skills, then be a dedicated crafter for my DK. :D
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, guys/gals! We've moved this thread to the Class Skills forum, as it is discussing specific class skill lines. Thanks. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • snagallnub18_ESO
    Hi there, guys/gals! We've moved this thread to the Class Skills forum, as it is discussing specific class skill lines. Thanks. :)

omg this isnt a class skill issue... its a LACK there of... fix your templar class before the only healers you see in game are the DKs....
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea - Templar Healer here.. Still a lot more Sorc's heal due to the serious magicka they can regen well beyond Templars abilities.

As to the title - I AGREE! Use Templars are the Red headed DC children that don't get to ride in the horse buggie, but get the mule in the back instead to the castle.

If they REVERSED that NERF done in BETA to Templars I would have to say we have a GREAT SHOT at being universally accepted as close to equal to DK and SORC's (Barely).
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :'( OP
    Calling people names isn't nice and I believe it's against Forum TOS.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    Therium104 wrote: »
    Therium104 wrote: »
    All of you DK's and Sorc's complaining about being "nerfed", are the equivalent of the spoiled rich kids in school that *** about how their parents only got them a BMW 5 series for their 16th birthday, not a 7 series.

Meanwhile, us Temps and NB's have to walk in the rain, or take the bus where the only open seat is next to the sweaty kid with extreme flatulence.

Seriously, stop complaining. Atleast you have a viable class to play despite the nerfs.

Why should the game not mirror real life for you? I mean..... is it the classes fault you are as pathetic at this game as real life? I mean seriously.

The problem is bads are breaking the game due to whines because use they lack the intelligence and ability to play the game. How is that anyone's fault but your own. Of course people are upset because it had nothing to do with class balance. It was your incompetence.

Sounds like someone took the nerfing hard. Maybe you should L2P.

I am not the one crying. Need a tissue? Also, the devs keep this up the game will die shortly.

What? Nerfing? I agree. Instead of nerfing you guys, they should just make our classes equal. But nope. I guess nerfing is easier. Doesn't help US at all, and only hurts you.

The changes the devs are making are not based on facts or reason. They are trying to appease a group of people that will not be happy until the game is utterly and completely broke in their favor. Nothing is to be gained by what the devs are doing and the precedence that has been set is poison to the community.

Good job!!!!
    Edited by Therium104 on June 10, 2014 6:13AM
  • Darwa
    Darwa
    ✭✭
    Noctisse wrote: »

I have no idea what was said here, but I get the impression that I feel similar :(
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psufan5 wrote: »
    If they bump templars up, they will need to bump everyones healing up. Templars are clearly the best healer in the game. If they turn into a great DPS, there will be no reason to play another class. It will be DK v2.0

Not if they use a little ingenuity.

How about, for every Restoring Light skill on the skill bar (either 1st or 2nd bar), reduces damage dealt by 10%

This would allow them to bump up dps without worrying about strong heals and dps together (you know, like DK or Sorcerer).

This is just off the top of my head, surely ZoS and others can come up with viable solutions to allow for Templars to have competitive dps if traited for it...

• NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about, for every Restoring Light skill on the skill bar (either 1st or 2nd bar), reduces damage dealt by 10%

This would allow them to bump up dps without worrying about strong heals and dps together (you know, like DK or Sorcerer).

This is just off the top of my head, surely ZoS and others can come up with viable solutions to allow for Templars to have competitive dps if traited for it...

What we have here folks are two people who have no idea what they are talking about.

First of all, Templar DPS is the lowest in the game, BY FAR. Some guy in the general forums is giving away 50k for any templar that can hit 700dps and none of them have been able to get over 425dps. Meanwhile Sorcs, DKs and NBs are constantly putting out 1000+ dps.

Second of all, Sorcs and NBs are much better healers than Templars. Check out this post by the guild with the fastest trial times:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/27vlu5/alacrity_qa_time_for_the_community/
    The fastest trial times in the world use zero templar healers, zero templar DPS, and only one templar in the entire raid, playing tank.

Watch the dev videos. The devs can't even do 4 man content when they put a templar in their group. They can do sorc tanks, nb tanks, sorc healers, nb healers, but never a templar.

The Templar class is by far the most broken, underpowered, useless class in the game.
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs and NB's are not better healers than Templars.

What's actually happening is that there's no need for any kind of decent healing in your PVE stuff. That's what's actually going on.

No brains -> rush in -> dps dps dps -> it's dead -> move on. Zero need for any decent healing. Max out max dps and that's it.

Now take your NB and Sorcs with their pathetic dot Resto staff healing in Cyrodiil and come back here telling us that they're much better than Templars.

You said it yourself. Sorcs NB's and DK's over 1k dps. Add to that siege damage, NPC damage, focussed damage. Go heal through that as non Healing Templar. Good luck have fun.
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What we have here folks are two people who have no idea what they are talking about.

First of all, Templar DPS is the lowest in the game, BY FAR. Some guy in the general forums is giving away 50k for any templar that can hit 700dps and none of them have been able to get over 425dps. Meanwhile Sorcs, DKs and NBs are constantly putting out 1000+ dps.

Second of all, Sorcs and NBs are much better healers than Templars. Check out this post by the guild with the fastest trial times:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/27vlu5/alacrity_qa_time_for_the_community/
    The fastest trial times in the world use zero templar healers, zero templar DPS, and only one templar in the entire raid, playing tank.

Watch the dev videos. The devs can't even do 4 man content when they put a templar in their group. They can do sorc tanks, nb tanks, sorc healers, nb healers, but never a templar.

The Templar class is by far the most broken, underpowered, useless class in the game.
    This is all PvE, PvP where good heals matter, Templar is still the best PvP healer.
    I'd like to see a nightblade or sorc healer beat my Templar's 185 rapid regen ticks and my 1900 hp Honor The Dead.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nidwin wrote: »
    Sorcs and NB's are not better healers than Templars.

What's actually happening is that there's no need for any kind of decent healing in your PVE stuff. That's what's actually going on.

No brains -> rush in -> dps dps dps -> it's dead -> move on. Zero need for any decent healing. Max out max dps and that's it.

Now take your NB and Sorcs with their pathetic dot Resto staff healing in Cyrodiil and come back here telling us that they're much better than Templars.

You said it yourself. Sorcs NB's and DK's over 1k dps. Add to that siege damage, NPC damage, focussed damage. Go heal through that as non Healing Templar. Good luck have fun.

templar healing in PvP does only matter in small scale skrimishes with up to 6 people, from their on their influence dimnishes drastically to be completly unnessesary from 9-12 people upward and especially sorcs outshine you drastically and you are reduced to a cleanse spam bot in coordinated groups.
    in mindless zergs where everyone is doing what he likes templars are ok as you have no clue what your grp-members are doing, but you´ll be roflstomped anyway when your facing a group worth beeing mentioned.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctisse wrote: »

Same
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!