The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

God of Schemes - Molag Bal broken again after 1.1.4

domfrago2b14_ESO
domfrago2b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
After 1.1.3, Molag Bal could not be fought because he would either drop people (where they would die, freeze, or become a string puppet), or hold them forever with no way to interact. A temporary hotfix was issued which fixed this for most, if not all. With 1.1.4, it is back to broken AGAIN. If a hotfix can be issued temporarily, but doesn't survive the next patch, why not just make it a permanent part of the patch so we can finish the main quest?
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @domfrago2b14_ESO,

Could you please provide us with some more details regarding your issue?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • rblown1988b16_ESO
    rblown1988b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same issue as the OP. Molag Bal has either dropped me and I died, dropped me and I survived but was unable to move and nothing happened, or just held me indefinitely forcing me to log out. Quest does not progress either way and I am unable to even fight him.
  • SeltzerDuke
    SeltzerDuke
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely broken again, if guild chat is any indication. Sounds like the same issue as prior to the hot fix last week. Sigh.
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    I'll give you details. I get to the stairs in front of him and he says his line, picks me up and pulls me to him where he proceeds to screech in my face over and over without end, or drops me (I die) and I can't move at all after that. I have tried every suggestion I can find and nothing helps. I have disabled all Add-ons, dropped all the graphic levels to zero, logged out and let it start over, I even went in naked for goodness sake and nothing changes.
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    All of this was this morning by the way, so the hotfix is definitely not working for everyone.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like the hot fix wasn't included in this patch and got over written by the old broken code from 1.1.3. <face palm>
  • BunkerPants
    BunkerPants
    Soul Shriven
    Agree w/Kyuumu - my first time though this and it has been glitched to the max. Time to get on it ZOS - all of us paid money for a working product.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Could you all give it another try? We just pushed a hotfix.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make sure this isn't broke (again) when EU megaserver is patched later..
  • BunkerPants
    BunkerPants
    Soul Shriven
    Jessica,

Hotfix worked for me, no issues....I would have thought that I would have leveled though all the way to 50 (seeing as I was about at the halfway mark on 49) and would have been granted a skill point or two (not given a single one)...

Maybe it is good enough that I got my character's soul back?

Thanks though for the fix!
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    What ever you guys did it worked! I managed to complete the quest. Thank you sooo much! :)
  • domfrago2b14_ESO
    domfrago2b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It didn't work for me. I can fight him now, but when he gets to about 10 percent health, he just disappears into thin air and the quest can't progress. I also can't logout or use /stuck, because it says I'm in combat. :(
  • domfrago2b14_ESO
    domfrago2b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    UPDATE: I went through a couple more times and he finally didn't disappear. So after a couple weeks of bugging out, I finally got past this quest.
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is bugged again today.
  • NumbNut
    NumbNut
    Soul Shriven
    bugged for me. Held in his hand indefinitely.
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Mindvision
    This quest is bugged for everyone once again now, he holds you in your hand forever, upon relogging or rezoning he will do the same thing. I've reported my issue but no one is responding, I am not able to move on. This needs to be fixed once again !
  • Kr4ftw3rkub17_ESO
    Bugged again. Molag Bal pulls me into his palm, I hit the synergy when prompted, he releases me and I fall to my death. Have logged and relogged the same day, have logged out and the next day logged back in... same results.

Unable to complete main storyline quest.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is from over five years ago we are closing the thread. If you have discovered a bug, you can start a new thread in the Bug Reports forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.