Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's your favorite town?

Aluluei
Aluluei
✭✭✭
What's your favorite town in ESO?

I love the aesthetics of Elden Root, but the town I visit most often is Rawl'kha. That's purely for practical reasons -- all vendors and services are within a short distance of the wayshrine and the only door I regularly go through is the one to the bank. When my inventory is full I can deconstruct, sell and/or bank in just a few minutes, then get back to adventuring.
IRL: Elizabeth. AD: Aluluei, Eiledh, Yreshi, Zabetheli. DC: Lededje, Pilun, Safket-Abwy, Semley. EP: Ieulula, Tenarha, Tisaarwat, Veralia.
CP 2200+, playing since beta.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Rawl'kha, it's the only place to craft/deconstruct. Everythings in a nice tight space.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Port Hunding and Vlastarus i dont know why.
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    Elden Root. It's the coolest place I've ever seen.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall, because of the nice bank lady and her "neither borrower nor lender be" anecdotes.

Hell no, just kidding.

Velyn Harbor
    +not that far to get to the crafting stations from bank
    +you can hear the bard sing through the bank ceiling
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's about crafting stations and bank being close, I'd recommend Shornhelm.
    Velyn Harbor is also okay.

Also, on beta test I played EP character. One of their Gates in Cyrodiil is super convenient. I don't remember which one of two. There you can see all the stations and the banker standing near by. Big advantage is that you don't even need to use the doors.

I don't know if it's still like that in Cyrodil or maybe they changed it(didn't find such place now,playing for DC), but if yes - that's where I'd go.
    -
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    riften, that is heaven for merchants
  • ChaosTheoryCraft
    ChaosTheoryCraft
    Soul Shriven
    Riften - Tradeskill stations and bank are close
    Dune - Merchant right next to wayshrine
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    College of Aldmeri Propriety - place of higher learning: lesser races may freely exercise their minds and bodies
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'kha hands down.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Western Gate in Cyrodiil. Can check map for PVP action, sell, bank, craft, no doors and close. I'll have to check out Rawl'kha though.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riften has convenient merchants, and a good pub with a Malukah bard. The VR version is nice and peaceful, too.

But nothing beats Rawl'Kha's convenience. If only we could get a cooking fire down in the main area, too ;)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• majinstef
    majinstef
    ✭✭
    Rawl'kha and Elden Root......daily writ and pledge.....best to do/find there
  • luthebear
    luthebear
    Elden Root because havent see any better Town so far yet :)
    Never give up on Living
  • Stingar
    Stingar
    Soul Shriven
    Velyn Harbor

Short run to bank from craft area.
    Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Woodworking all in the same pavilion.
    Alchemy, Enchanting in the same building.
    Provisioning can be done at the hearth near the bank lady.
    Both thief underground entrances, are close by.
    It's high enough level that it's not swarmed by new arrivals.
    It's doesn't have WW or Vamp shrines, so not constantly seeing spam about buying, selling, wanting bites.
    It's not the highest level of AD areas, meaning people eventually move on to crowd Reapers March.
    And along with that.. It's not over crowded with hundred people just standing around everything.

Should player housing ever become introduced. This is my choice of habitable locale.
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Shornhelm. Everything all very close together and convenient, and it's just *fantastic* for legerdemain. Fence, bank and trader all right by the outlaw refuge entrance, which is right by the crafting area, bank, stables, and in-town wayshrine.

Plenty of safeboxes, and a run through the town raiding them all and then a trip to the fence takes roughly the same time as they take to respawn, so there's no waiting.

Only downside is a bit of a trek to the alchemist, enchanter, dye station and mage's guild on the other side of town, but it's a small town, so that's not a biggie.

Oh, and the guards. The guards, when they catch you, are super polite. That makes a difference in how a place feels, at least to me.
    Edited by farrier_ESO on April 1, 2015 12:44AM
    Yet another indie games programmer.
    Upvote the change you want to see.
  • Alina_Scarbridge
    Alina_Scarbridge
    ✭✭✭
    "Velyn Harbor

Short run to bank from craft area.
    Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Woodworking all in the same pavilion.
    Alchemy, Enchanting in the same building.
    Provisioning can be done at the hearth near the bank lady.
    Both thief underground entrances, are close by.
    It's high enough level that it's not swarmed by new arrivals.
    It's doesn't have WW or Vamp shrines, so not constantly seeing spam about buying, selling, wanting bites.
    It's not the highest level of AD areas, meaning people eventually move on to crowd Reapers March.
    And along with that.. It's not over crowded with hundred people just standing around everything.

Should player housing ever become introduced. This is my choice of habitable locale."

THIS.^^

This is our (my bf and my) "home base." Rawl'kha is just too crowded. Velyn Harbor has become our home. Automatically wayshrine back there no matter where we are, when it's time to bank/trade/rest/log out, that's where we go. It's not crowded, everything is convenient, it just makes sense. Would LOVE a house there! :)
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones with the best stealable loot. I love how there's actually cool loot to steal. ES6 needs to use this. No more picking a hard lock to be rewarded with a spoon and a potato.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Auridon

...boring...
    ...boring...
    ...boring...
    ...boring...
    ...boring...

2) Reaper's March

Oh, the end of AD maps? Wow, so much diversity!
  • A5ko
    A5ko
    ✭✭✭
    Velyn Harbour for the crafting.

* Although I'm finding Mournhold quite good for crafting also.
    Edited by A5ko on June 24, 2015 9:37AM
    A5ko ▪ High Elf ▪ Sorcerer ▪ Aldmeri Dominion ▪ XBOX One ▪ EU Megaserver