The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Purple crafting recipes

sweinhart2006
sweinhart2006
Soul Shriven
Any plans to fix the drop rate of purple crafting recipes? VR5 purple foods make a huge difference in the capabilities of a player. Yet the drop rate is so low that the recipes are virtually non-existent and only a very select few players even have these. Additionally, these people have no competition when selling food, so there is no hope of reasonable prices being charged. This is plain wrong.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. My level 11 Argonian, also a level 50 cook, has I think 5 of em' now. I have no need of em' yet. I feed my VR1 son with the 45 and 50 level stuff.

Indeed the Provisoner is very powerful, you can make a fairly massive change in even two attributes, I have a few of them, and certainly the ability to add 20% to any attribute is often the difference needed. The higher level drink too can make a large difference to recovery but the foods are golden.

The Enchanter is even more powerful but glacial to level. The Alchemist too can make a big difference. Mine can make some strange things and this is my Oh Sh*t potion, a lower level example:

OhSh*tPotion.jpg
  • Aldarund
    Aldarund
    ✭✭
    LOL. My level 11 Argonian, also a level 50 cook, has I think 5 of em' now. I have no need of em' yet. I feed my VR1 son with the 45 and 50 level stuff.
    No way you have 5 vr5 food purple recipe. Im trying to buy such recipe for more than a week for 300+k gold. And you know what - with zero luck. Noone have it at all. Im shouting in all zones for more than a week - noone have it.
    So the drop rate of them definitely needs to be fixed.
  • Qumulous
    Qumulous
    ✭✭✭
    Why has food stopped at VR5 when the level cap is VR12? Why isn't there at least VR10 recipes?
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldarund wrote: »
    No way you have 5 vr5 food purple recipe. Im trying to buy such recipe for more than a week for 300+k gold. And you know what - with zero luck. Noone have it at all. Im shouting in all zones for more than a week - noone have it.
    So the drop rate of them definitely needs to be fixed.

No you are right. I have 5 blue food, I don't use em' so I got confused. The purple do all three, right?
  • Absinthe
    Absinthe
    ✭✭✭
    In early access, and shortly after, VR5 purple recipes dropped in starter zones. So having 5 of those recipes would not be a stretch of the imagination. Sad thing is that blue ones give a better stat increase for 2 attributes instead of the 3 increased attributes from purple recipes.
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absinthe wrote: »
    In early access, and shortly after, VR5 purple recipes dropped in starter zones. So having 5 of those recipes would not be a stretch of the imagination. Sad thing is that blue ones give a better stat increase for 2 attributes instead of the 3 increased attributes from purple recipes.

You would have had to have been very astute to have received all 3 VR food recipes from your home alliance + 2 more from a different alliance within the short amount of time that they were available...while at the same time cross-Alliance trade Guilds were not yet well organized.

Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    People are willing to pay 100k for purple v5 food recipe lol. Something is very broken.

Need v10 food now plz, make recipes actually drop or have some cool long-chain quest for Prov. rare recipes.

Even if we had one recipe per guild it could work ... but a handful for the entire megaserver blows chunks
  • Aldarund
    Aldarund
    ✭✭
    People are willing to pay 100k for purple v5 food recipe lol. Something is very broken.
    100k? Noooo. They cost 300+k and even with this price i cant get a one for two weeks.

• sweinhart2006
    sweinhart2006
    Soul Shriven
    Dunno if he's a botter or not, but I've been seeing someone lf recipe willing to pay 1mil.
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    ouch!
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno if he's a botter or not, but I've been seeing someone lf recipe willing to pay 1mil.

Yeah, saw that too. Apparently it was a legitimate guild offer. Wonder if they ever got it?