The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to Access Veteran Zones

AshleyLee
AshleyLee
✭✭✭
How do u get into the Veteran zones? with the V9 Template.
  • sParkSnare
    sParkSnare
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me the only way to do so is take the cart to Stormhaven and then level up ("again") to the VR zones - but I really hope I'm wrong about this...
  • AshleyLee
    AshleyLee
    ✭✭✭
    well, cant access the harborage to talk to cadwell, even though we have the cadwell almanac.
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    It would be good if one of the experienced PTS Guru's could write a a simple how to guide ;)
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be good if one of the experienced PTS Guru's could write a a simple how to guide ;)

Considering all the repeated personal insults and bashing we got from you guys over the past few weeks about false claims of "hoarding exploits" and "making the game bad", or my favorite "playing to get an advantage before launch"... why would we write a guide for you? :p However, in this case you simply can't go to the vet zones with the templates they provided. Starting to get the picture as to how we aren't magically the reason for every single decision that went into the game's launch and beyond, good and bad?
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on June 6, 2014 5:08AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    I understand why you would feel that way, not everyone accused you guys of doing that BTW. I think the biggest problem was keeping the PTS so exclusive in the 1st place, that always creates problems and alienation in the community.

I guess it would make it easier for all us new members to get up to speed, which in the end will benefit everyone by improving the quality of the game ;)
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it would make it easier for all us new members to get up to speed, which in the end will benefit everyone by improving the quality of the game ;)

" However, in this case you simply can't go to the vet zones with the templates they provided"

:(
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭

" However, in this case you simply can't go to the vet zones with the templates they provided"

:(

Got it :'(
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    The only way I would think of would be do a whole story, but thats time consuming. I hardly imagine anyone willing to spend their prime gaming time on PTS just to be able to test high level content.

I would like to see an option to copy live character to PTS, so to save time for better and probably more reallistic testing. Templates provide very limited options to test, for example they don't give any crafting skills, so you can't make anything right at start so you could use whatever similar you have on live environment.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
  • Blo0dstorm
    Blo0dstorm
    ✭✭✭
    I used the 'fungal grotto' template and got no 'world' skill line.
    Tried to get the main quest line but the prophet never shows up and the Harborage is locked.
    I have hence no way to fill up gems to recharge my weapon.
    Maybe I'm missing something :o
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You likely need to start a completely New character in the wailing prison to get that
  • Mystborn
    Mystborn
    ✭✭✭
    In the previous test you could Travel to Player to someone in the 50+/50++ who had already accessed the content (if they were the same faction as you - aka DC). However now, since they wiped everything from the PTS no one can get out there to be traveled to.

Considering all the repeated personal insults and bashing we got from you guys over the past few weeks about false claims of "hoarding exploits" and "making the game bad", or my favorite "playing to get an advantage before launch"... why would we write a guide for you? :p However, in this case you simply can't go to the vet zones with the templates they provided. Starting to get the picture as to how we aren't magically the reason for every single decision that went into the game's launch and beyond, good and bad?

As @Skirmish840‌ said, not everyone bashed us for our testing but many people did so forgive me if I feel similarly to Attorney here. We were all blamed for the VR mobs hitting harder and people asked "how did you guys not report this already" - well here is one major reason, we couldnt (easily or reasonably) get to those zones to find out.

While I am sure some PTS testers were bad testers or did hide exploits it will be the same (or maybe even worse) with open testing. Those of us who tested for hours, days, and weeks did the best we could with the tools offered.
  • AshleyLee
    AshleyLee
    ✭✭✭
    Well Perhaps ZOS can respond to this thread about us gettin access to the vet zones, since both cadwells are unlocked but not completed it seems if we could get a travel to it may work.

This is something that should be looked at as often changes, like the mobs issue, are overlooked. I strongly suggest to ZOS to provide some way for us to get access to all areas of content.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never been to PTS but can't you port to a dungeon in the other faction then leave through the main entrance? On the live server, when you are vet rank and do that you end up in the veteran instance of that zone (i.e. if i am DC and port to banished cells then exit through main entrance i end up in vr1 auridon)
  • AshleyLee
    AshleyLee
    ✭✭✭
    no access to the vet dungeons in other factions. We had to manually ride all the way up to the crypt of hearts the first time to get it unlocked. Unless somebody knows how to get into the vet dungeons. I've even tried to find the undaunted guys. I am on AD on Live, so i dont know the DC quest lines very well.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be that you need to visit the group dungeon in your natural faction first for the others to show up (at least i think that's how it works on live, they certainly aren't visible right from the start)

Like, if you are DC manually ride to spindle, then banished cells appears on map as port target.
    Edited by Sharee on June 6, 2014 2:12PM
  • AshleyLee
    AshleyLee
    ✭✭✭
    i've been in crypt of hearts the new one and Wayrest, nothing else has shown up.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ did say in another thread that there are different templates coming in. I think just being patient and waiting for that will solve this issue.
  • AshleyLee
    AshleyLee
    ✭✭✭
    My only concern is they seem to be pushing this update very fast. I am worried, considering the current bugs i have found and seen in just the last 3 days, that this is too soon. the change to bolt escape is NOT working as intended. It is charging more than 50%. Just an example.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yep, we'll be rolling out some new templates soon that will give you easier access to Veteran CoH, and will also let you create a Vet Ranked character in any alliance.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    Mystborn wrote: »
    In the previous test you could Travel to Player to someone in the 50+/50++ who had already accessed the content (if they were the same faction as you - aka DC). However now, since they wiped everything from the PTS no one can get out there to be traveled to.

As @Skirmish840‌ said, not everyone bashed us for our testing but many people did so forgive me if I feel similarly to Attorney here. We were all blamed for the VR mobs hitting harder and people asked "how did you guys not report this already" - well here is one major reason, we couldnt (easily or reasonably) get to those zones to find out.

While I am sure some PTS testers were bad testers or did hide exploits it will be the same (or maybe even worse) with open testing. Those of us who tested for hours, days, and weeks did the best we could with the tools offered.

I second that.
    The Sidekick Order
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Skirmish840‌

While they work on getting us better templates, I described how you could possibly get to the VR zones in this thread.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108198/the-most-annoying-thing-about-instant-vr9-on-pts#latest

If you go to the town gate, there is a broken down wagon, opposite from where the way shrine is. This wagon takes you to Wayrest. You can buy the speed horse from the stable if it helps. You're going to have to walk, or ride, back to Glennumbra. Once you step foot in that zone, the Daggerfall way shrine should become active. Pop over and you should get the prophet to appear. Acknowledge him, or you'll have to travel in again, and you can get the first main quest. From there it should be a matter of just working back up through that quest line again.
    Edited by driosketch on June 6, 2014 8:22PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just so you all know, we plan to roll out the new templates tomorrow, and we were able to award some (some!!) maxed-out abilities in addition to some known wayshrines. Hope this helps!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realize this was specific to PTS.
    Edited by glak on June 6, 2014 9:45PM
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks ZOS_GinaBruno :)