The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Craglorn For PTS Testing Really?

RivenCsky
RivenCsky
✭✭
Um selecting Craglorn as the testing location seems a bit counter productive since according to your own information this is a Veteran (level 10-12) 4 man area and no solo player should be able to level (or test) here solo unless your a DK of course (hehe). It only makes it worst that you have miss matched armor and you are Vet level 9.

Seriously if you actually want more then Raider feedback you should move the testing to another area (No not a Dungeon either) where non grouped players can actually have a chance to test out the abilities you have changed and allow the community as a whole, to give solid feedback.
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What the heck are you talking about? Do you mean where you appear when first using the template. You know you can travel away from there right? And test anything you want. I'm really confused as to your point because on first glance your point seems incredibly wrong.
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • beeriod
    beeriod
    ✭✭
    Read the patch notes message there are many things new here to be tested including the new dungeon. That's the Idea of a test server. The more people test the more issues and bugs can be found. All areas are open for testing and as you are invited for free to test it why not test it and give constructive feedback.I'm amazed that some people on the forums are even able to get their PC's booted up let alone log on or even sign in to post without some kind of support.
    EU server / Ebonheart pact
    Penguin Mafia
    Pm for invite
  • RivenCsky
    RivenCsky
    ✭✭
    No need for personal attacks. A simple statement that you can travel to other areas other then the drop down (2 Choices) provided which one would assume that they want you to test in that area would be sufficient.

It is sad to hear Beeriod that you feel superior to other players. You need to work on that.
  • Asherrion
    Asherrion
    I was unable to leave craglorn... Also, I agree that the mismatched armor you get is sub par. on PTS they should be Giving you full purples with access to a mages guild that give you level appropriate enchants (for your level)
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they can't even do a test server correctly.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW's test server:

Max level templates come with a set of gear for all roles they can do(dps, tank, heal, whatever) (until Draenor where it'll be one set that morphs for all >.>), weapons suitable for said specs, maxed JC and enchanting, a boatload of materials for each(so you can make your own gems and enchants), mounts(both flying and ground) and like 5k gold, as well as a bunch of consumables.

Can't remember if cooking is also maxed but no one I know bothers. Many just transfer their mains.
  • Urza
    Urza
    You can leave Craglorn, but you don't have any other shrines discovered so it would be alot of running around to get anywhere else. And you don't have any quests done, anywhere, so you can't test Veteran areas unless you're insane enough to do all the 1-50 story quests first.

While the new content might be in Craglorn there's plenty of things that cant easily be tested such as old quests that have been bugged. Or just soloing to do testing of build changes. Since Craglorn is group only, and the accessible content outside stops at 43 without doing all the quests, you don't have much chance to get an idea of how changes will affect you.

Also as we learned in 1.1, lots of low end stuff can get broken. I grant that very few people are going to test lower end content, but anyone at all doing it is better than none.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is it with all the entitlement BS? You're on a TEST server.
    No, you won't get everything handed to you on a silver platter. Deal with it ...

You can leave Craglorn any time, just not through a wayshrine (yet) since you haven't discovered any to teleport to.
    Figure it out, it's really not that hard ...

And as far as gear goes, my VR9 toon, using the default gear they give you, can solo a lot of the zone mobs. So that can't be *that* bad either ...
    ;-)
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to test some other stuff besides Craglorn, just go to Cyrodiil, run some quests or delves. The other faction options are low level I think, everyone is Daggerfall B)
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • beeriod
    beeriod
    ✭✭
    Wow there was no personal attack or any sense of me feeling superior.
    I would suggest to explore and check things out. The world is becoming a "Lazy" place people don't see what they want right away, come here and complain and in this instance you were unjustifiably off on your comments yet instead of taking the time to say"ok oops sorry my bad" you cover your embarrassment up by saying I'm feeling superior. People get tired of "spoon feeding" others
    Edited by beeriod on June 6, 2014 12:48PM
    EU server / Ebonheart pact
    Penguin Mafia
    Pm for invite
  • RivenCsky
    RivenCsky
    ✭✭
    Urza wrote: »
    You can leave Craglorn, but you don't have any other shrines discovered so it would be alot of running around to get anywhere else. And you don't have any quests done, anywhere, so you can't test Veteran areas unless you're insane enough to do all the 1-50 story quests first.

While the new content might be in Craglorn there's plenty of things that cant easily be tested such as old quests that have been bugged. Or just soloing to do testing of build changes. Since Craglorn is group only, and the accessible content outside stops at 43 without doing all the quests, you don't have much chance to get an idea of how changes will affect you.

Also as we learned in 1.1, lots of low end stuff can get broken. I grant that very few people are going to test lower end content, but anyone at all doing it is better than none.

Read Beeriod Read !

Oh and the patch today supports this thread.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108413/new-pts-templates
    Edited by RivenCsky on June 7, 2014 2:24AM
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just went to Daggerfall with my VR12 guy. Did I do something wrong? ;)