The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Not buff Heavy armor yet? Really?

• Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggest:

Heavy Armor
    Resolve - Reduce all damage taken by 1% per piece of heavy armor. Max bonus 7%.
    Constitution - Increases Health Recovery by 4% per piece of Heavy Armor equipped. Max bonus 28%. AND Reduce skill cost (magicka/stamina) by 1% per piece equiped. Max bonus 7%.
    Juggernaut - Increases Damage with weapon attacks by 1% per piece of Heavy Armor equipped. Max bonus 7%. (Not only increases weapon dmg, The skill should increases global melee dmg like downbreaker passive does).
    Bracing - Decreases cost of blocking by 20% when a Heavy Armor set of 5 or more pieces is equipped.
    Rapid Mending - Increases healing received by 2% per piece of Heavy Armor equipped. Max bonus 14%.
    I like your suggestions but i dont think they go far enough. A good fix would be to increase the cap for heavy armor and the mitigation cap of 50% to 75% the current crap is clearly imbalanced just by looking at the numbers.

Resolve = 7% damage reduction is nothing in VR PVE dungeons 7% of a 3k hit is nothing Healers don't even notice the difference honestly
    Compared to
    Evocation 21% reduction cost of magica abilities.

Constitution = increased recovery 28% only works out of combat just minimizes down time . i dont know where your getting reduced Stam and magica from this it clearly is not in tool tip and does not work that way in live.
    compared to

light Recovery 28 % recovery just reduces down time not relevant in combat .

Juggernagut = Increased weapon damage of 3.5 %. no one is using melee weapons as DPs anyhow if you want to complete VR dungeons or trials. SNS is good for tanking and mitigation.

compared to

Light armor Spell warding 8% spell resistance per piece . Id say juggernaught is completely useless passive honestly

Bracing = 10 % reduced cost of blocking with 5 pieces the only time this is relevant is bosses that one shot with a heavy hit most spell projectiles ignore blocking very few VR bosses does this come into play and honestly it is pretty worthless with Pots anyhow.

compared to

Prodigy = 10% chance increased critical damage. well id say in a sustained fight this here makes the difference in a huge way.

LOL now this one makes me laugh real hard
    Rapid mending = 3.5% additional healing for a full 7 pieces of heavy. Seriously every single healer i've had on both my light armor tank and my heavy tank prefer the 50% spell resistance of light armor over a additional 3.5 % healing i'm over healed anyhow.

Compared to
    Light concentration
    42% spell penetration That speaks for itself really.

Edited by Wifeaggro13 on July 8, 2014 5:31PM
    Options
  • maxilaub17_ESO
    maxilaub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    OMG 1.2 patch and you don't buff heavy armor that is useless in PvP/PvE at this moment. How more time we have to wait for it? I am tired to play with light armor to be competitive.

Elder sorcs online......

He's right! Anyone who does serious PvP KNOWS heavy armor is the worst armor in the game for PvP! When are you going to fix that???

Options
  • maxilaub17_ESO
    maxilaub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Crescent wrote: »
    Problem is that some classes can keep resources like corrosive armor and battle standard up indefinitely thanks to the DPS of light armor, giving them competitive mitigation.

I think what people are failing to explain is that heavy armor doesn't give benefits on the same magnitude as choosing light armor. All you get is more armor and blocking, which is only good for tanks...

Just go around questing in VR content. Your survival is actually crappier as a medium or heavy armor user than a light armor user spamming Impulse on mobs.

Nice to see that at least some people have a real knowledge and understanding of why Heavy is the worst armor, plus light armor has concentration so you ignore 42% spell resistance which is another huge blow to the heavy armor wearer who lacks the dps buffs of light and medium.

Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they need to do is lower the cost of all spells by 21%, lower the cost of all abilities by 14%, and replace those two passives in Light Armor and Medium Armor with something else.

The ability to cast more than four spells shouldn't be a privilege of what armor type you're wearing. That's just boring.
    Options