The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Apparently I Put This In The Wrong Forum

Khivas_Carrick
Khivas_Carrick
✭✭✭✭✭
This thread was meant for here, not General Discussion, so here, have at thee.

So the story starts like this:

Last night a guy gets me to respec and in the process of respeccing I decide not to take up my bow skills again (going to do so later after I get all dem skyshards bruh) and instead to take up a staff, see what all the hub and bub is about. I didn't really get to use it right away until recently this early afternoon when fighting yet another Over Powered Mob that whipped my ass up and down the forests of Grahtwood until I finally switched to the staff to see if it would work better.

It didn't just work better, I toyed with it before I killed it.

Toyed with it, think about that for a second.

With the Two Handed yellow quality vr7 Sword I was using, with Sharpened Trait on it, I struggled just to stay alive, but with the staff, a simple blue quality staff with Charged on it, I beat this thing's ass like it was nothing. Well ok that's a stretch, I definitely struggled a bit, but still, I beat it down rather well.

That said, this brings me to the main point of this entire new thread, one that might get my head bitten off:

Staffs are fine, leave them mostly alone, save for a slight nerf in numbers here and there, but very very slight and small.

I say this because while I beat this boss-ish Mob, it still wasn't a complete cakewalk, it still wasn't 110% lolfaceroll. I burned it, zapped it, and punched it in the face, but the key thing I noticed however was even with my instant cast ranged knockback that burns things and gives me breathing room far better than my own class skill Javelin, it still wasn't easy. That leads me to believe that this game isn't so much as tuned up as we think it is, just our skills are tuned too far down.

With that in mind, I say we tweak staffs to be lowered only slightly, but greatly buff and improve the other class skills, starting with my personal favorite Two Handed Weapon's Uppercut and all it's morphs. With Staffs the way they are, there is no reason that a mage gets to run around shooting literal wheels of flame at people sending them flying and us Warrior types have to stand there for a casting time, getting pounded as we do so, just to knock a mob away a few meters. Make this move instant cast and lower the damage slightly, that's my suggestion for the suggestion box. Or, since Stamina builds run out faster leaving the player open longer (which is bad btw) leave the damage and effects on Uppercut and it's Morphs exactly as is, just make the darn skill Instant Cast.

I promise you that will end a lot of the issues people face at once, and act as one hell of a first step to balancing out the game for both classes and weapons.

Now for you, the playerbase, hopefully you and the devs are reading this, and as you read this I hope you sat there and thought of "Man this guy is a total tool" or "Man, this guy is right!" and from there you post a bunch of stuff either supporting me to flaming me, I don't care which, just as long as you make your voice heard in a proper manner that will see this game totally get fixed.

The Devs cannot ignore us as much as they or you think they or you can. They will eventually listen, and for their sake I hope it is sooner rather than later.

Discuss.
Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This thread was meant for here, not General Discussion, so here, have at thee.

So the story starts like this:

Last night a guy gets me to respec and in the process of respeccing I decide not to take up my bow skills again (going to do so later after I get all dem skyshards bruh) and instead to take up a staff, see what all the hub and bub is about. I didn't really get to use it right away until recently this early afternoon when fighting yet another Over Powered Mob that whipped my ass up and down the forests of Grahtwood until I finally switched to the staff to see if it would work better.

It didn't just work better, I toyed with it before I killed it.

Toyed with it, think about that for a second.

With the Two Handed yellow quality vr7 Sword I was using, with Sharpened Trait on it, I struggled just to stay alive, but with the staff, a simple blue quality staff with Charged on it, I beat this thing's ass like it was nothing. Well ok that's a stretch, I definitely struggled a bit, but still, I beat it down rather well.

That said, this brings me to the main point of this entire new thread, one that might get my head bitten off:

Staffs are fine, leave them mostly alone, save for a slight nerf in numbers here and there, but very very slight and small.

I say this because while I beat this boss-ish Mob, it still wasn't a complete cakewalk, it still wasn't 110% lolfaceroll. I burned it, zapped it, and punched it in the face, but the key thing I noticed however was even with my instant cast ranged knockback that burns things and gives me breathing room far better than my own class skill Javelin, it still wasn't easy. That leads me to believe that this game isn't so much as tuned up as we think it is, just our skills are tuned too far down.

With that in mind, I say we tweak staffs to be lowered only slightly, but greatly buff and improve the other class skills, starting with my personal favorite Two Handed Weapon's Uppercut and all it's morphs. With Staffs the way they are, there is no reason that a mage gets to run around shooting literal wheels of flame at people sending them flying and us Warrior types have to stand there for a casting time, getting pounded as we do so, just to knock a mob away a few meters. Make this move instant cast and lower the damage slightly, that's my suggestion for the suggestion box. Or, since Stamina builds run out faster leaving the player open longer (which is bad btw) leave the damage and effects on Uppercut and it's Morphs exactly as is, just make the darn skill Instant Cast.

I promise you that will end a lot of the issues people face at once, and act as one hell of a first step to balancing out the game for both classes and weapons.

Now for you, the playerbase, hopefully you and the devs are reading this, and as you read this I hope you sat there and thought of "Man this guy is a total tool" or "Man, this guy is right!" and from there you post a bunch of stuff either supporting me to flaming me, I don't care which, just as long as you make your voice heard in a proper manner that will see this game totally get fixed.

The Devs cannot ignore us as much as they or you think they or you can. They will eventually listen, and for their sake I hope it is sooner rather than later.

Discuss.

I have been lvling my Templar alt, and I have too say the staff is much better for damage and staying alive over all, I was going too go staff with my Templar but I really want too do 2h & dual but I just can live long enough too do the damage staff is just over all better cuz of the distance and extrah effects while attacking ontop of enchants. Melee weapons need a boost period.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye agreed my friend. I say leave staff as is but remove the synergy it has with other things, and buff medium and heavy armor big time leaving light alone
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!