The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Cyrodiil Npc Keep buff

Veakoth
Veakoth
✭✭✭
PTS Patch Notes v1.2.0
Alliance War
General
Keep Archers now receive upgraded damage abilities via the Keep upgrades.

There are two of these archers at the top of each keep and currently they spam quick shot for 2000 damage as well as a forward AoE effect that hits for about the same (multiple reports from guild mates as well as my own experience).
I wasn't aware ZOS was aiming for npc one shot mechanics in their games. If you wanted to make keeps you hold for long duration's harder to take then give them increased siege limits, increase wall hp or even add static siege to the walls, do not make them more PvE orientated.

PvP tweaks in the game at the moment feel less like you have people in PvP feeding you information and more like your looking at a statistic's board and noticing how fast keeps change hands. I am aware of your team that feed's you information on how to tweak PvE but they do not PvP so where is your information coming from ZOS?

• Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If by saying "Keep Archers" only those archer NPCs are referred to that are defending the keep itself (i.e. not those defending the resources), then all this change does is make sure you take and defend all resources prior to attacking the keep instead of just capping one and then going for keep asap to prevent defending player respawn/teleport travel.

As far as I understood (and please correct me if I'm wrong here), keep upgrades come from keep resources and with losing the resources you lose the upgrades.

If my understanding is correct, this will not really impact keep warfare, it will only make you go via the resources first then keep route. Which actually is beneficial in my opinion.

This is just my very uninformed point of view as I have not yet taken part in PTS AvA.
    Edited by Keron on June 5, 2014 11:55AM