The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Login Timeout & Error 301

DemonNinja
DemonNinja
✭✭✭✭
Whenever I attempt to login to the game I receive the Login Error: Login Timeout. When I attempt a second time I usually get error 301. I sent a ticket to ZOS and they sent the standard make sure your fire wall isnt blocking the game, turn off start up apps, repair etc.... Nothing works. I even went so far as to do a clean install of the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Signed,
SO FRUSTRATED!

Edit: - Added screenshots of errors.
Edited by DemonNinja on May 31, 2014 11:20PM
@DemonNinja
Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • Ranrach
    Ranrach
    ✭✭
    Same problem here, as of today I can't login anymore. It keeps "logging in" until "login timeout" appears.
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    "The North American megaserver will be taken offline for maintenance at 8:00AM EDT / 01:00PM BST." They will release a patch what should solve this problem. Good luck! :)
  • Ranrach
    Ranrach
    ✭✭
    It's the EU server for me, so that won't help.
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    EU gets the fix tomorrow. I had the same problem, couldn't play for 3 days = unsub.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU is getting patch 1.1.3 tomorrow which fixes problem. The problem started on 22nd May and has progressively involved more players.
  • FayaSDL
    FayaSDL
    ✭✭
    If you have add ons, make sure esohead isnt on of them. I removed that and all my log in problems were gone.
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    FayaSDL wrote: »
    If you have add ons, make sure esohead isnt on of them. I removed that and all my log in problems were gone.
    As in the other thread, your solution is not for this problem. Error 301 crashes the login process.

“To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, esohead = unknown error, not this problem.
  • BrierTOG
    BrierTOG
    ✭✭✭
    if you know you are up to date, try just starting with the exe. I think it is the launcher that is giving the trouble. Though you will need the launcher to patch at some days :).
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    BrierTOG wrote: »
    if you know you are up to date, try just starting with the exe. I think it is the launcher that is giving the trouble. Though you will need the launcher to patch at some days :).
    Lots of "solutions" have come by, and the only one that works (for some, myself excluded) is to set the Windows compatibilty mode to Vista SP1 and and 'Run as administrator'. For all the others, nothing else than to wait for a server restart, which is today for NA players and tomorrow for EU players.

“To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • RockOn45
    RockOn45
    Soul Shriven
    76kn54hxq5iu.jpg

well i had the same issue after that major update. i could not play the game for 4 days was stuck on a a 301 code
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use forum search
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • destram21eb17_ESO
    destram21eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    All I know is that after this month expires for me "in 3 days" I won't renew. Sub already canceled. I had tons of issues, server crashing, 301 errors, etc etc.

I enjoyed the game, but who ever handles this server should get shot in the balls with bullets made out of salt just to make it slightly more painful. I have been gaming over a decade, I have played tons of mmorpgs, and so far I never seen such rookie handled servers. Played tons of alphas, betas, early access and this is first time that I didn't get to enjoy game fully.

Out of 30 days of playtime I could play it for 10, and when I ask them for refund 10 days I get most ignorant response on earth. Which literally made me unsub and also I sent out ticket regarding that lovely GM to his admin team. In hope he will get booted due his ignorance and aroggance.

-Just my 2 cents.
  • Ranrach
    Ranrach
    ✭✭
    After the EU patch I have no more login problems. So it was a server side issue.
    I have unsubbed as well.
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranrach wrote: »
    After the EU patch I have no more login problems. So it was a server side issue.
    I have unsubbed as well.

Yeah a server side issue that they knew enough about to fix but carried on sending out standard (check firewall, run repair, change your settings) responses to people with the problem. This game has the worst CS I have seen in 30 years of gaming.
    Edited by Hilgara on June 3, 2014 8:59AM
  • Mendoza187
    Mendoza187
    Soul Shriven
    Error 301

Hi, i have found the problem and its from their server. My

account or character is stuck on your server. I have try a

friend account on my computer and the game works. I have

tried my account on his computer and it didnt works. So

the problem came from the character or the account from

YOUR COMPANY who is stuck. You should be able to resolve

it this way. It wasn any of the problem you said on email.

I took me 3 days of works of trying everything. 40 gig of

download and all that. I should be reward for all of that

time spent on trying and didnt play. And the problem for

now is not resolve. You should be able from your company

to reset it or someting like that.

still error 301, tried everything to resolve as your

support mail but nothing work. List of thing done :

Spent a lot of hours to try all those things
    Reinstall the entire Game 40gig more
    Cancel subscription and recreate a new subscription
    Accept right and policy in the account menu
    Close firewall and antivirus (windows and bitdefender)
    Repair installation
    Delete addons repertory
    delete documents folder (elder scroll)
    delete programdata folder
    reboot modem
    deactivate and activate network card
    Deactivate all things in msconfig at boot
    add ip in the host file
    Open ports
    TCP / UDP 24100 à 24131
    TCP / UDP 24500 à 24507
    Start in windows vista sp1 compatibility
    Starts as admin
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns

We need compensation for your trouble bethesda its not our

computor the problem but your server here are the FACT
  • Mishie04
    Mishie04
    Ever since last night (6/3), I have been getting error 301 followed by login timeouts with my account. Today I was still getting the same error. So, for fun I tried logging in with my husbands account on my computer, and it logs in just fine. Grr.... Any ideas???