The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

@ZoS - Please let the dev team who designed the magicka builds, now to design the stamina builds too

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i told you that tomorrow it will be a 29.5% chance that it will rain Hail stones, would you think it will rain Hail stones?
    i would say probably Not and most likely will Not rain Hail stones tomorrow with that low of a chance percentage.
    well the exact same thing is happening here with critical chances, because my nightblade critical chance is 29.5% :(
    if it was 50% i would still not think it will happen because all surgeries are a 50 - 50% chance you might die ... (and ive never heard of nor seen anyone die from surgery altho it does happen)
  • xanikk999
    xanikk999
    ✭✭✭
    Are you kidding?

People die from surgery every day. Depending on the type of surgery there might even be a good chance you die (e.g. Emergency heart surgery following gunshot wound).

Dying from surgery is actually quite common.
    Edited by xanikk999 on June 22, 2014 3:57AM
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    OkieDokie wrote: »
    Maybe you missed the changes in stamina builds.

Medium armor will include a 2% cost reduction per piece for stamina abilities as well. Check the developer discussion section.

Someone gave the idea of getting rid of spell and weapon crit and putting them together. It would solve this as well.

OP is from May 31.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job of explaining the major differences of the two builds and the problems because of those differences.

I think they could go a long way with a few changes:

Add an armor penetration % to the passives similar the spell penetration the light armor users get - could be a bit less since you have some weapon options in there to reduce armor as well.

Increase the cost reduction amount for CC break, sprint reduction and dodge roll reduction by a large amount. I know ZoS is scared of making major changes, but this would make having to use your same resource for performing those actions and for abilities actually feasible.

Those two changes combined with the handful of small changes mentioned in their stamina improvement thread would do wonders IMO. Top that off with some better jewelry and armor sets for stamina users (including more crit chance options) and maybe even a skill in a future thieves guild or dark brotherhood line that will let you trade magicka for stamina.

I disagree with the comment about immovable however. Those armor skills are usable by all players no matter what armor they wear and the morphs are what only become useful when wearing that armor type. Nothing wrong with keeping it that way IMO.

I also think crit needs a little work. I know many players hate having anything taken away, but I would almost consider soft capping crit chance, it would help even things out a bit IMO. I wouldn't do anything crazy, maybe start the softcap at like 45% and hard cap it at 65% or something. But that's just one idea. I also think ruze has a decent idea about combining crit chance into one stat - that would also fix issues for some of the weird spells that use magicka, but weapon crit, or vice versa.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually agree with forcing the armor abilities to be used only when a majority of that armor type is equipped. 5/7 is a nice number.

Mainly because there is precedent in weapon abilities requiring that weapon equipped to use them.

And a passive to reduce sprint, dodge, cc-break, interrupt, block and stealth costs by over half if the player happens to have a stamina-using weapon equipped would be nice, but only a stopgap, as it still doesn't take in fighters-guild abilities or any possible future abilities.

A new 'endurance' bar, much like horses have, would be the smoother option in my opinion, changing the appropriate passives to reflect.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i have a NB archer on hold right now, because she relies heavily on stamina, and i don't even want to take her to the higher Vr lvls till this stamina/magicka balance gets fixed. the amount of buffs LA gives is insane imo. penetrates 42% spell resis?? i don't see medium or heavy armor having anything remotely CLOSE:/
    Edited by Cody on June 22, 2014 5:36AM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Increase the cost reduction amount for CC break, sprint reduction and dodge roll reduction by a large amount. I know ZoS is scared of making major changes, but this would make having to use your same resource for performing those actions and for abilities actually feasible.
    Don't you think that this reduction will be more useful for a magicka based builds again? If there is a reduction of these abilities it should be available only when you use medium or heavy or you are equipped with stamina based weapon. In this way I guess we will prevent to be used from the OP magicka builds.
    xaraan wrote: »
    I also think crit needs a little work. I know many players hate having anything taken away, but I would almost consider soft capping crit chance, it would help even things out a bit IMO. I wouldn't do anything crazy, maybe start the softcap at like 45% and hard cap it at 65% or something. But that's just one idea. I also think ruze has a decent idea about combining crit chance into one stat - that would also fix issues for some of the weird spells that use magicka, but weapon crit, or vice versa.
    There is no soft cap or hard cap reduction on crit because if you have 7 legendary armors + 1 legendary shiled with crit resistance you can achieve 80% crit resistance. In order to counter this high crit resistance, no soft cap should be implemented. PvE is another story. I guess that mobs has no crit resistance (not sure about that) but it can be easily added.
    Because I can!