The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The purpose of forums

adino
adino
✭✭
I really like this game... that is until I come on and read the forums. When I read the forums or after I read the forums, I hate this game and want to rage quit.

I think that is like in all games. I enjoy the game and then I come on to the forums and read about why it sucks and all the broken parts to it and I realize, man I really hate this game!

I am a NB so I came on (can't play on weekends due to watching the kids) to read to see if they will improve the NB bow/dw build. Sure enough it is a freaken white hot topic. Hell it has its on sticky thread. Read like 5 of the 27 pages and man, there is a lot of hate from NB owners. After reading those 5 pages I now hate the developers and want to cancel my sub until the get it fixed!!!

But most likely I won't and I will log on Monday and realize again, "Wow I really like this game a lot." I just thought it was funny. The forums have a purpose I realize, but for me it seems the only purpose it serves is to make me hate the game and the devs.

I do hope they fix the NB bow/dw before 1.2. That would suck to wait that long.

My advice to folks feeling frustrated, don't read the forums.

Edited by adino on May 31, 2014 4:40PM
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the way most of the MMO forums work :P.

usually it would not get to me , but this time i keep seeing all the bugs and balance issues in the game myself , it is not something just others told me about.

Reason i might quit this game on the second month , while i usually would stay for atleast 6 months , which makes ESO a record breaking MMO to me :P.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on May 31, 2014 4:41PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    This is true with just about anything in life, really. Many people don't seem to be able to express their frustration without being negative and belligerent, so you will always have these "rage" posts and threats to quit if they don't get their way.

People need to chill out first, think about what it is that is making them so upset, and then try to be cohesive about the way they explain their issue. This will help the customer support mods and the devs immensely, and perhaps make it more easy to find and address the problems.
    Options
  • Mercurio
    Mercurio
    ✭✭✭
    This is the most insightful post on the entire forum
    Options
  • adino
    adino
    ✭✭
    yeah I noticed all the bugs mentioned with the NB. I also saw something bizarre and wanted confirmation. I saw a toon running 15 feet above me and running at an incredible speed. I was like what was that? So I asked in zone and it just set of a crapstorm of hate filled post about invisible/underground/speed bot farmers... Sure enough there are such things.
    Options
  • Animus0724
    Animus0724
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're easily too influenced by other people's opinions if your emotions sway that much just by reading what others say.
    I take pride in being an incredibly smart dumb ass, or an incredibly dumb smart ass, either way I'm awesome.

-The Art Of Warfare (T.A.W.)
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK I might have gone a bit over the top there. Keep the smiley face Epona, it will all be fine :D:D:D

To the OP: Sorry love, none of this aimed at you at all, just having one of those 'hate the internet' moments, don't for a second want you to think either this post or what I deleted was intended to be aimed in your direction.
    Edited by Epona222 on May 31, 2014 4:49PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • adino
    adino
    ✭✭
    Animus0724 wrote: »
    I think you're easily too influenced by other people's opinions if your emotions sway that much just by reading what others say.

I am usually not. I have a very chill personality, but man you put like many many hours into a single class (I mean no other MMO makes you invest so much into one class) and you come on (feeling good) and you realize your class sucks, is broken and it is going to be 2 months before they fix it... (exaggerations...).

I just thought it was funny. And I felt my blood pressure rising and I felt like responding with a hate filled post of my own and... then I started to laugh. So much negativity. Just funny that is all.

I am the guy cracking a joke when he sees two people in an intense convo, to try to lighten the mood.
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @adino‌

Get me more motivated to play seeing all this hate on nb, because then I laugh and think I must be so outstanding at this game, both in pve(group,solo) and pvp.

I tried to give tips and advices once but people do not want to see that.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to avoid these forums too, because I also found them to be a total bummer. But not because of people reporting game issues. Because of the tone--the prevailing undercurrent of anger, resentment, self-entitlement, and condemnation. Most of what people had to "contribute" on these forums so far has been just plain rude. It's like Zenimax is the scapegoat for all of their pent-up frustrations, and it sometimes makes me ashamed to be part of "gamer culture".

But, the forums seem to be a bit better now.
    Edited by Lynnessa on May 31, 2014 5:05PM
    Options
  • jimfopao2
    jimfopao2
    Haha...

Sometimes I wonder about the value of these game forums too. Just look what I found in my forum inbox.

I couldn't figure out how to quote it so the formatting is wrong but you get the idea.

sdfwerwersdfwerwer May 20

*** is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold. •Very low price
    •Instant Delivery.
    •This company has very good reputation, selling in-game currencies since 2005.
    •100% Handwork Guaranteed!
    •7/24 Customer Service!

Warm Regards, the ***

Not real sure these guys are taking their anti gold selling seriously.

The forum deleted the company names when I posted here but let it go to my forum inbox unedited....Sweet huh.
    Edited by jimfopao2 on May 31, 2014 5:07PM
    Options
  • adino
    adino
    ✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    @adino‌

Get me more motivated to play seeing all this hate on nb, because then I laugh and think I must be so outstanding at this game, both in pve(group,solo) and pvp.

I tried to give tips and advices once but people do not want to see that.

I am a semi-casual gamer. Most of the venom is coming from hardcare players. The guys that theory-craft and do test runs and stuff. They have a right to their hate I guess. It moves the needle.

NB is fun but it is hard. Is it viable? I think so. Reports of people not willing to group with NBs in Craglorn is something I have not seen. I am only vr8 so maybe it is different at vr12 or on "time" runs or in AA. I don't know. But there is definitely a lot of bugs associated with the class and a lot of synergy issues with Stamina builds. I also see a crap load of sorcerers more and more or staff wielding players.

We will see and my history with MMOs have taught me, the 1 dollar discount a month is not worth locking in for 3 to 6 months. Do it one month at a time.
    Options
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly.. negative is just kinda how forums go. I went to look at the Wildstar forums for funsies today. Didn't pick up the game, just wanted to see.. since the press had received Wildstar so much better than ESO and all (some even proclaiming it the "true" WoW successor). General discussion, 12 hours in.. and already most of it is negative, with a few folks thanking the developers (very similar to this forum at launch). Won't even get into the customer support forums.

Sadly.. forums seem to have developed into the go-to place to complain, rather than the go-to place to get together with other folks that are also enjoying the game and get to know your community.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
    Options
  • HorsePhysics
    HorsePhysics
    ✭✭✭
    Every game is dying, according to its own community.

Seriously though, everybody should know that by now.
    Still stuck married to zazeer pls help with divorce
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent a lot of time every day on the forums reading peoples issues with the game, I agree the game has issues.
    On the other hand I enjoy my time playing it, so why should the rage and complaints of others sway me?

This isn't the case for all MMO forums, and once the initial influx of members leave who are not happy with the core mechanics of the game there will be more threads with people giving constructive and helpful feedback about the games issues.
    Notice that most of the complait threads are also people stating they're already on their way out.

My advice to you OP if you love the game but hate the feeling when you read the forums is come and start being one of those who isn't a moron posting useless spam and rage. Find the issues you have with the game right now and write a good thread with feedback about how ZOS can make it more enjoyable, then feel good that you're helping the game you enjoy.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • adino
    adino
    ✭✭
    Lalai wrote: »
    Sadly.. negative is just kinda how forums go. I went to look at the Wildstar forums for funsies today. Didn't pick up the game, just wanted to see.. since the press had received Wildstar so much better than ESO and all (some even proclaiming it the "true" WoW successor). General discussion, 12 hours in.. and already most of it is negative, with a few folks thanking the developers (very similar to this forum at launch). Won't even get into the customer support forums.

Sadly.. forums seem to have developed into the go-to place to complain, rather than the go-to place to get together with other folks that are also enjoying the game and get to know your community.

The wildstar forums is VERY HOSTILE! The beta did not go well.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adino wrote: »

Really? Reading the posts around here you would think it's the ultimate awesome super best great thing in the whole of the MMO universe.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Really? Reading the posts around here you would think it's the ultimate awesome super best great thing in the whole of the MMO universe.

Didn't you know?

Whenever you're on [Insert-MMO-here]'s forums, [Insert-other-MMO-here] is the best!
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Dagus
    Dagus
    ✭✭✭
    my favorite thing about every mmo i have ever played has been the forums
    I'd often rather see the brash underbelly of the writhing community than click the same 3 *** skills till my hands cry.

we are still in the early stages of release and we currently have the ability to morph this game into how we want. we are the consumer, they must listen.
    thats what makes this all so fun to me.
    RAWR!!!
    Options
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums are full of hate, vile and vinegar. Cheaters complaining about being caught but claiming it wasn't cheating. Hackers complaining about being banned but not admitting that they were hacking. Losers complaining that nobody can beat them without cheating, even though they really do suck. And everyone telling professional game designers how stupid and dumb they are for ruining something that is obviously so easy to do.

And even when it's not, and it's just people sharing ideas (which I love to do), your stomach will turn realizing how stupid some players are, because they'll post the dumbest ideas ever (at least in your opinion).

I've always hated my unhealthy addition to video game forums. I despise the community even more after reading the forums. I could love a game, and end up hating other players so much it ruins the game for me.

I wish I could quit you.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
    Options
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

in their general discussion you see the exact same stuff that was happening here. people asking for compensation cause they ordered the 3 day head start and theres a queue asking to close the servers. there must be like one giant group of people that go from game to game spouting the exact same bs in all forums. It all is the same!!!! just a different name.
    Options
  • Thulsola
    Thulsola
    ✭✭✭
    I really like this game... that is until I come on and read the forums. When I read the forums or after I read the forums, I hate this game and want to rage quit.

My guild mates always know when I have been on the forums because I am grumpy with a game that I really, really enjoy playing. Not because they make me hate the game, but because I fear the general hate and impatience exhibited here will destroy the game before Zenimax has a chance to work through their initial growing pains.
    Thulsola
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Mercenaries of the Queen - because if you can't have fun while playing a game, what's the point?
    Options
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that I how I feel everytime I look into the forum. Everyone is complaining and every time I read vet content I feel like dropping my char. Until I realize it doesn't actually bother me that much and I will just continue leveling slowly, because what is there at max lvl I have not at the moment.
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
    Options
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    isn't the point to let the devs know whether or not their game is doing good
    stam scrub
    Options
  • adino
    adino
    ✭✭
    schip wrote: »
    isn't the point to let the devs know whether or not their game is doing good

I am sure that is why the devs put money and resource into the forums. Not just ESO but all games. It does serve a purpose. I think they approach it from a statistical standpoint rather than reading each post. For example the NB issue has reached a boiling point, so much that they credited a dedicated post. When they see a destro/resto staff nerf post get 5 pages and a NB fix get 25 post, I think they realize we should focus on the latter not the former.

But I don't want this to be another NB QQ post.

All things considered I find this forum community to be less spiteful. Not sure if that is less "spiteful" people or dedicated moderators. Either way that is a good thing.

The F2P forums are the most hilarious to me. Here is a game that is F2P. Yeah it might be P2W, but at the end of the day it is FREE TO PLAY!! And the venom in those forums is staggering. Literally, if you chose, it is free to play and people want to maim and kill the developers.

Sadly it is not just game forums or MMO forums. I see it in ESPN forums and CNN. It seems (and yes this is anecdotal evidence) but forum posters seem to be angry.

Oh and sadly (as a previous poster said) I to tend to get a bid "addicted" to reading the posts. I look up and realize an hour has gone by. By that time I am like totally ticked off at the game and annoyed at my children. J/K. And I also seem to be drawn toward the criticism. If I see a post where they are complimenting the game I think, "Fanboy" and move on without really even ready. I guess I am the problem... lol
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're still trying to work out the meaning of life. Working out the purpose of forums will take a little longer.
    Options
  • Covyn
    Covyn
    ✭✭✭
    NB's are still a riot to play, but yes.....there needs to be some optimization of the other weapons. I run my Nightblade as a Caster (closest I could find to an evil warlock ideal), and I have zero issues.

But again......you shouldn't be forced into wearing a dress and picking up a stick to press the eso IWIN button.

As for the Forum rage, and why it is rampant here?
    1. ZoS's customer service is horrid, and handled by a driveup window operator somewhere in the Midwest.....well that's what I think anyways. Each of my interactions with them always feel like they should ask me if I want ketchup with that.
    2. They used to respond to you when you reported something, they now ignore you.
    3. They say nothing of the bug reports that are filed (they used to)
    4. Feedback is an empty box that ZoS created to you can vent somewhere and they don't ever have to see it.
    5. Their stance on Bot's is incredibly weak. People are sick of seeing them.

It's my honest belief that players think ZoS reads everything on the forums and it is the only way to attempt to get their attention....and they are often correct.
    Gyxx (VR1) Templar
    Quidd (VR5) Nightblade
    Kadzien (15) Sorc
    Covyn (VR12) DragonKnight (now spends his days crafting)
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Covyn wrote: »

It's my honest belief that players think ZoS reads everything on the forums and it is the only way to attempt to get their attention....and they are often correct.

That's complete nonsense.

You think that the forums are the only way of getting attention because it's the only place that tantrums can get a response of some kind. But bug fixes and balancing are done based on in-game feedback. Simply because you don't see GMs swooping around on giant golden wings screaming "We're listening! Feel validated!" doesn't mean that the in-game feedback is useless.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they had rather big shoes to fill, which turned out to be a size or two too big and ever since they've been tumbling in the footsteps, with flailing arms proclaiming those to be the best fitting ever and they will win the marathon, all the while ignoring the many voices by the wayside, that it might be a good idea to watch their steps. And we're just screaming in the hopes they might not only listen, but finally see, that they're running at the very edge of a cliff trail.

Well, I'm actually just watching and pondering about taking bets, wether they - due to some wondrous and divine intervention - make it or are taking the fall. My voice is just too hoarse to scream anymore.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it rears it's ugly head in this thread. Everyone discussing calmly how negative posts affect them and a couple posters come in with complaints and think they can tell a developer how it should be...can anyone see the blinders they have on? Negative energy breeds negativity, positive energy breeds positivity. We only need to start with ourselves to change the energy here on these forums.
    Options
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @pieceofyarnb14_ESO angry energy is productive though
    and someone has to put the devs' asses in gear
    stam scrub
    Options