The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is the problem on my end?

IKilled007
IKilled007
✭✭✭✭
In PvE, I can play for up to 5 hours with the video set to medium before the game drops me. In PvP, I can play an absolute maximum of 45 minutes with video set to minimum before the following happens: I can still move but I can't take any other action -- no weapon swap, no attacks, no mount/crouch, etc., and no one else on my screen is moving. Shortly thereafter, the game drops me to the login screen. Usually this happens within 20 minutes on PvP, but many times it happens seconds after I zone into to Cyrodiil. It's very frustrating. Here are my computer's specifications. Is this a problem on my end?

iMac 21.5-inch, Late 2012
Processor: 2.7GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB
Software: OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

The only substitute for victory is overkill.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a known memory issue in the Mac client as noted in the Known Issues (Mac) sticky post on this section which causes the client to crash generally after several hours play in PVE but around 30-45 minutes in big battle PvP. The developers have already added some fixes and continue to work on the issue.

There is an existing thread on this issue.

There is a separate server/network issue which crashes or logs off the player when trying to enter Cyrodiil which has lots of threads describing this and the Known Issues in Customer Support has a note on the related loading screen;
    Cyrodiil Loading Screens - We know many of you have been plagued with long loading screens when trying to enter Cyrodiil. We're happy to say that this will be fixed with our next patch.
    source
    Edited by Moonraker on May 30, 2014 3:59PM
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    In PvE, I can play for up to 5 hours with the video set to medium before the game drops me. In PvP, I can play an absolute maximum of 45 minutes with video set to minimum before the following happens: I can still move but I can't take any other action -- no weapon swap, no attacks, no mount/crouch, etc., and no one else on my screen is moving. Shortly thereafter, the game drops me to the login screen. Usually this happens within 20 minutes on PvP, but many times it happens seconds after I zone into to Cyrodiil. It's very frustrating. Here are my computer's specifications. Is this a problem on my end?

iMac 21.5-inch, Late 2012
    Processor: 2.7GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB
    Software: OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
    The issue you are talking about is caused by poor connectivity to game servers. However as this appears to be a common thing that is happening to people it may have nothing to do with your connection. Do you play on EU server by any chance?

Also this doesn't seem to be client's issue (at least not specific to Macs) as PC players are having same problem.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue you are talking about is caused by poor connectivity to game servers. However as this appears to be a common thing that is happening to people it may have nothing to do with your connection. Do you play on EU server by any chance?

Also this doesn't seem to be client's issue (at least not specific to Macs) as PC players are having same problem.
    As I posted above, it could be a connection issue (known issue with latency especially to EU Megaserver though it would impact PVE also) But there is also a known issue with the Cyrodiil Campaign servers which they are looking to address (already included in several patches but still an issue) mainly during peak times so probably capacity related also. Joining/leaving groups in Cyrodiil also has issues at times.
    Edited by Moonraker on May 31, 2014 1:14PM
  • IKilled007
    IKilled007
    ✭✭✭✭
    But are my system specs in line with being able to play the game? I couldn't find my video card on the list of compatible or incompatible cards, for instance.
    The only substitute for victory is overkill.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    But are my system specs in line with being able to play the game? I couldn't find my video card on the list of compatible or incompatible cards, for instance.
    They give a few examples of cards not all possible ones. 512MB is really the minimum for the graphics card and should work OK but you will need to use the default settings and tweak things to get a decent frame rate. notably Shadow Quality and View Distance.