The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please Zenimax, open your PTS for the next updates

• DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    vicNBitis wrote: »
    I don't think Aristotle ever wrote about it but it's a common enough tactic on the interwebs.
    Aristotle actually explicitly warned against hyperbole... he was probably right :( It just gives people a tool to dodge the argument, and attack the format of the argument instead. Bad call by me.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DewiMorgan‌

We didn't get a monkey. That was for September stress testers (which most of us were, but it wasn't an exclusive thing to the PO.)

There's nothing wrong with recognizing a group that spent months and months of their lives working for you for free. An in game title was commonly asked for, as were things like special costumes, a special PO pet, ect. They didn't put any of that in. Doesn't really bother me but it is surprising. In an older MMO the devs wouldn't have thought twice about it and it would be seen as something cool by most players (like whats so wrong with some people being special/different?)

We're already losing our characters that we put all that time into. They're opening up the PTS to everyone. The least they can do is leave our special community place alone.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    True. I blame the Sophists. What have they ever done for us?! Ruined hyperbole is all.
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    We're already losing our characters that we put all that time into. They're opening up the PTS to everyone. The least they can do is leave our special community place alone.
    I do find your argument considerably more persuasive than the "I'm not being elitist, but..." hypocrisy.

You're admitting you are getting a perk, but you're asking for that special treatment because you feel you've earned it, and not just by turning up for one day like the monkey, but through months of careful and methodical and tedious work.

But what type of work? Another perk that most of us would have given our eye teeth for: PST access for a wonderfully long time! The ability to see and be involved in the whole length of the development of the game! You call it work which deserves a reward; I call it a perk that was its own reward at the time, and which you all - as all we testers did - accepted would be so.

PO can and will still hang out together - they still have their guild, the po.com website, and more. But hopefully they won't be treated as "special" by Zenimax any more: the dismissive attitudes of other PO posters here show how toxic that is.

That said, and this might sound silly and minor, but... it's bloody unfair if not all of you got the monkey! That makes me feel even more wrong and uncomfortable to have one. It always has, to the point I've felt embarrassed using it, and just have it stashed away on an unused alt: I've never felt that unique in-game recognition was a good thing to give to testers.

But it feels particularly wrong if there are "have" and "have-not" testers, and doubly so if the "have"s just happened to be able to play a certain day, while many of the have-nots may have been putting in way more useful reports for far longer.

I'm unsure if I'm being hypocritical myself, there, and worry that I may be.
    Edited by DewiMorgan on May 29, 2014 2:45AM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bangstin wrote: »
    I don't know. How would the current pts people be able abuse the oversights and bugs in live anymore if those gets fixed/reported already on pts?

No one was hiding things and not reporting them... please ensure you spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours testing though too, like we did... because you demanded it you should live up to your side of the bargain now! A handful of cheaters doesn't represent the general pts base, any more than your poor attitude reflects most people's.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Angelyne wrote: »
    Please, pretty please, dont give keys to
    just a few handfull number of streamers who only want to rise up their viewers
    just a few ppl who sell that on forums/facebook
    just a few ppl who dont care of that game and are just waiting the next MMO

Open it to everyone who have a subscription, everyone who are ready to test it and report bugs, everyone who write addons and play that game daily.

Please ?

We did test and report bugs for hundreds and hundreds of hours, make sure you do the same. You're welcome for writing the addons you depend on and helping, for free, for months, to do tedious testing to improve the game for you. Oh and you're welcome for the game being anywhere near as good as it came out as. Don't forget, it's your turn now! Don't let us down kiddo.

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    If it is new content that will be tested, knowing what was said 2 years ago isn't going to make much difference, imo

W.T. Grant went bankrupt nearly 40 years ago but it's still an interesting case study. You never know. Maybe the Zenimax ESO PTS timeline will be in an appendix of a college textbook or two. What went wrong and when? Yeah, probably not.
    Way back when, ZOS had sign ups to be an ESO beta tester. You had to fill out an online form and give them a diagnostic read out of your PC specs.

Around a year ago, the first Beta invites went out. In July of 2013 they held a weekend stress test, and established the first tester groups named after the Aedra and Deadra, likely based around some group demographic. More would be added later, likely to indicate the test wave of new invites.

Originally the beta only allowed you to test EP, and only three races. You started in Bleakrock and there was no Wailing Prison break yet. The prison tutorial would go through a number of changes before launch.

In August or September, Cyrodiil was beta tested for the first time. Testers were given level 50 templates and assigned a faction, but due to unlocked factions and most players not following instructions, AD was hugely over populated. In around four hours the first Emperor was crowned. That weekend also saw the Great Battle of the Chalamo. You can find it detailed in a book behind the upper flag of Chalman Keep, or I believe near the banker back at your gate.

In October, 0.016% of those who had signed up for the beta at the time were hand selected for their efforts in testing to join the Psijic Order. We were sworn to a double secret NDA, beyond the regular beta NDA, ala fight club rules.

We were able to test all three factions at this point, but no Vet content as of yet nor Cyrodiil. This testing continued until before Thanksgiving. I believe the first Add-on development may have started around this time as well.

In mid-December the PTS reopened with the full game now accessible. Full test groups like Dibella and Mara were brought in boosting our numbers to what seemed like almost ten times. Testing continued until just before launch.

There were many discussions, some heated. A few testers were banned. I would say Add-ons and PvP got people the most fired up. Communication with the devs wasn't always what we wanted. To this day we still learn stuff from a gaming website before even a forum announcement.

They started doing weekend beta stress test, usually one patch behind the PTS, and only up to the level 17 zone, and until the last couple months, those tests would have characters wiped afterwards. We had automatic invites to all those tests, though they preferred we stayed on the PTS. The weekend testers would also break several quests that were fine on the PTS going back as far as Oct/Nov. If I remember correctly, their NDA lifted before ours did, which was right after they started giving away beta codes to anyone.

And now you have the brief overview of the history of the PTS.

Edited by driosketch on May 29, 2014 2:56AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Umm, thanks. I think.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Umm, thanks. I think.
    Hey, you asked.

We didn't get a monkey. That was for September stress testers (which most of us were, but it wasn't an exclusive thing to the PO.)
    They also gave out the monkey on a later stress test following the beta code give away where all the beta testers received a second beta friend code. There are potentially a million possible monkey pets out there. The monkey is not "that" special if that's your hang up @DewiMorgan‌.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Noobie
    Noobie
    ✭✭
    All im going to say without going over things mentioned in the forums already. I rather be playing in PTS servers right now then dealing with my main and other character.
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I have little faith in what they promised now, especially when they did not even specify any certain time. What I am saying is that when they say "we will be", you can never be sure if it is going to be the 1.2 PTS event or 1.x. According to the records, they are simply untrustworthy now.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I have little faith in what they promised now, especially when they did not even specify any certain time. What I am saying is that when they say "we will be", you can never be sure if it is going to be the 1.2 PTS event or 1.x. According to the records, they are simply untrustworthy now.

@b92303008rwb17_ESO‌

Its actually been well known that it would be opened to everyone since before the game launched. They put out a public post saying that was their intention prior to the start of early release.

People just don't pay attention.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@b92303008rwb17_ESO‌

Its actually been well known that it would be opened to everyone since before the game launched. They put out a public post saying that was their intention prior to the start of early release.

People just don't pay attention.

Yep, been common knowledge since launch that pts was becoming available to all subscribers soon.

✭✭✭
    b-whatever did this on Reddit. Pretty good explanation by Mystborngaming but apparently b-whatever missed it when they copied/pasted over here.
    [–]b92303008 2 points 11 hours ago
    To be honest, I have little faith in what they promised now, especially when they did not even specify any certain time.

[–]MystbornGaming 0 points 10 hours ago
    They don't know the time because it's based on when their next content update is ready to test but it's not like anyone else is on the PTS until then anyway, the server is down (and being wiped) until that time.

[–]b92303008 [score hidden] 28 minutes ago
    That is not what I mean. What I am saying is that when they say "we will be", you can never be sure if it is going to be the 1.2 PTS event or 1.x. They are simply untrustworthy now.

• FunkyBudda
    FunkyBudda
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

I think there's already unspoken "perks" that you didnt account for. Knowledge of how to fast level whenever ESO increase VR levels *cough * Kardala exp exploit * cough * while rest of "commoners" (this is mentioned by one of your PO members earlier in a post) had to grind. God knows how many other "bugs" that you guys have first hand knowledge (e.g. dupe item bugs) that other "commoners" didn't know about. Are you telling me none of the PO members (or other hardcore guild members like ER on PTS) main characters are not VR12 with bank full of gold from real VR zone quest grinding? But the best perk is that Zenimax is not banning of you guys, it's like robbing a bank in broad day light and the cops tip their hat at you while you walk slowly to your get away car.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 31, 2023 6:57PM
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    So.... were the latest patches tested only on the internal test build or was the PTS involved in testing them, I'm thinking it was only the internal one, so maybe they should have been tested on the PTS for the amount of mistakes that I'm reading about.

Stop goofing around with the PTS being available, just open it up and have all patches available for testing please, tired of the mistakes hitting live, especially when there's so many who love this game and are more than willing to give their free time to help make it a better one.

/sigh
  • RivenCsky
    RivenCsky
    ✭✭
    Excellent news because as a Vet 12 and a Templar with no DPS I find myself with allot of time on my hands.

Since the Templar is the worst DPS in the game by far, I look forward to some major buffs in the upcoming PTS releases for Templars and Melee classes.
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    Yup c'mon peep's chime in maybe we'll get a firm date, instead of just the
    As part of the maintenance, all PTS characters will be wiped and we’ll be configuring the server so that everyone with an active ESO account will be able to test on the PTS in the future. We’ll let you know when it comes back up with new features and content.
    Statement

When ZOS ??

Source for quote: tesoelite.com/2014/05/pts-opening/#ixzz32zwgUT6h
    Edited by Skirmish840 on June 3, 2014 6:49AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FunkyBudda wrote: »
    [snip]

I think there's already unspoken "perks" that you didnt account for. Knowledge of how to fast level whenever ESO increase VR levels *cough * Kardala exp exploit * cough * while rest of "commoners" (this is mentioned by one of your PO members earlier in a post) had to grind. God knows how many other "bugs" that you guys have first hand knowledge (e.g. dupe item bugs) that other "commoners" didn't know about. Are you telling me none of the PO members (or other hardcore guild members like ER on PTS) main characters are not VR12 with bank full of gold from real VR zone quest grinding? But the best perk is that Zenimax is not banning of you guys, it's like robbing a bank in broad day light and the cops tip their hat at you while you walk slowly to your get away car.
    Some content will always be XP/ loot mines, the game has plenty of them.

Knowing where they are is a benefit the fist hours after the content is released.
    After this its pretty well know.

Yes they also get benefits in knowing how to do dungeons.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 31, 2023 6:58PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.