The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Login Timeout

etb
etb
Can i understand what is this?
I get Error : Login Timeout each time i try to login.

i have been playing fine since launch and now i cant login. I tried with my friend account and i could login without problem from my computer.

What is wrong zenimax? fix this please
  • Urmi
    Urmi
    ✭✭
    Having it right now to
  • etb
    etb
    Still not fixed for me they said a few hour ago "we are escalating your concern for more specialized investigation."
  • MissTreated
    MissTreated
    ✭✭✭
    they keep dancing around the problem that so many of us can not login, there are so many threads on this, I have been unable to login for 2 days now and all i get is here read this FAQ.... the FAQ does not help, i have done everything they have told me, uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired and restarted my comp, my system was fine until yesterday so why can't I login now
  • Izashi
    Izashi
    Soul Shriven
    I've tried every solution i found on the web, nothing worked and i haven't been able to play for 2 days now...
  • coercer02neb18_ESO
    coercer02neb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Join the club. I've had the issue for 7 days. You are lucky its getting fixed tomorrow at least.
  • Ranrach
    Ranrach
    ✭✭
    As of today it started for me too. Thank you Zenimax, let me pay for *** that is bugged 24/7 and unplayable as of today.
  • FayaSDL
    FayaSDL
    ✭✭
    As i posted all over allready.
    If you are using add ons, either trial and error with each one or if you are using esohead, get rid of that one. Esohead cause me the problems, i removed it and no problems since.
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    FayaSDL wrote: »
    As i posted all over allready.
    If you are using add ons, either trial and error with each one or if you are using esohead, get rid of that one. Esohead cause me the problems, i removed it and no problems since.
    You would have to be able to login first, which is impossible if the login progress times out..
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • awhecknum1ub17_ESO
    Go to your addons folder and delete esohead file. Dont have to log in to do that
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Go to your addons folder and delete esohead file. Dont have to log in to do that
    It's a solution to a different problem. It won't get rid of the Error 301 & Login Timeout problems. I don't even have ESOHead installed.

“To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • FayaSDL
    FayaSDL
    ✭✭
    It's a solution to a different problem. It won't get rid of the Error 301 & Login Timeout problems. I don't even have ESOHead installed.
    Sorry to hear it doesnt help you. It helped me and i thought it would be a good idea to share.
    I apologize for beeing nice.
    Edited by FayaSDL on June 2, 2014 1:53PM
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    FayaSDL wrote: »
    Sorry to hear it doesnt help you. It helpld me and i thought it would be a good idea to share.
    I apologize for beeing nice.
    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to burn you. But that solution has been working for people with Error 303, not 301.

• Ranrach
    Ranrach
    ✭✭
    I have deleted all of my addons, doesn't help. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow. Support ticket is being investigated by support, it has been sent to a "Specialized Team" because the regular fixes (compatibility mode) didn't work.
  • FayaSDL
    FayaSDL
    ✭✭
    I had the 301 aswell and it worked.
    Ranrach wrote: »
    I have deleted all of my addons, doesn't help. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow. Support ticket is being investigated by support, it has been sent to a "Specialized Team" because the regular fixes (compatibility mode) didn't work.
    Deleting your add ons doesnt help.
    The add on setup file has to be changed. Deleting might allow you to log in but then you still have to manually disable add ons.
    If you still cant log in, find the add on settings file and change all values inside to 0, which essentially disables the add ons for the next load/until reeneabled.
    If you cant find the file i put the path in here.
  • Ranrach
    Ranrach
    ✭✭
    After the EU patch I have no more login problems. So it was a server side issue.