Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

BUG: Issue with Facial Animations After v1.1.2 Update

Korozenn
Korozenn
✭✭✭✭
Hi ZeniMax,

This is the thread about a recent ticket I opened up: [140526-000746]

The Problem: After using an emote command, crafting station, or doing anything else that alters your character's expression on their face, their face remains stuck in that position.

The basis of this thread is to see if anyone else has this problem for their characters of any race, and if so, post your race and gender here so that ZeniMax can look into it.

How to Test: Perform an emote, experience an event that causes your character's expression to change, sheathe/unsheathe your weapon, and/or use any crafting station.

Post Your Results: State your Race and Gender of the character(s) tested on. Did you experience this bug on your character?

Thanks in advance, everyone! :smile:

Original ticket I submitted through the email submission form on the Support Page:
Hi ZeniMax,

Ever since the Craglorn Update went live, I noticed that my characters I've created have all been afflicted with a bug that occurs from using emotes, crafting stations, or going through any other areas of the game that alters your character's facial expressions. I know that you guys made tweaks to the overall character models for some races (I've noticed this across the board for Bretons, Dark Elves, High Elves, Imperials, Nords, Orcs, Redguards, and Wood Elves), but I haven't seen these issues in Argonians or Khajiit thus far as I don't believe their character models received any adjustments (though I may be wrong on that).

After performing said emotes or other tasks that change my character's expression, the character's face remains 'stuck' in that expression and doesn't change until you do another emote to get it 'stuck' in that position too. It's a very annoying bug, and I would like to know if this is something that could be replicated on your end to see if this is an actual issue with the current state of the game, or just an issue on my end.

I have already reported this bug in-game, but I feel the need to address the company here and on the forums about it to get others involved and see how (or if) they're experiencing it as well, and what races/genders are afflicted with it so that the issue can be looked into further.

Can you please reply and let me know what you guys can do about this issue?

Thanks in advance,
~ [snip] (@Korozenn)

Edit: Added ticket number.
Edited by Korozenn on May 26, 2014 5:05AM
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Bump -

Does anyone else have this issue, so ZeniMax could see if most/all players are experiencing it on their end?

A couple of useful emotes to try this out in-game are:
    /angry
    /cry
    /clap

Going to a blacksmithing station and entering/leaving it is another good idea too.
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was freaked out a little yesterday evening - I was at BS station and my character left it with that "focused" (pissed off) look on her face...
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »
    Yeah, I was freaked out a little yesterday evening - I was at BS station and my character left it with that "focused" (pissed off) look on her face...

Yeah, it doesn't happen on my Argonian at all (I can confirm that), but when I made my new Imperial alt yesterday, the results were...kind of unsettling upon using the blacksmithing station and leaving it with his face permanently contorted to be angry.

If I recall correctly, I think '/clap' puts it back into your character's default expression, though I haven't fully-tested that out yet. It'd be a better fix than re-logging to fix your face each time and avoiding using emotes, that's for sure, until ZeniMax can get around to fixing this bug.
  • twnakita
    twnakita
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha, I noticed this too after blacksmithing. I was like, I don't think I remember making my character look this pissed off. So I tried /crying and /celebrate, and sure enough, my faces were stuck being sad/happy. It's kind of bothersome to have to find an emote that brings your expression neutral again.

Pissed off face after blacksmithing:

f7772eef4cdd3c92a29d52cab6c48e.png

Aaand, regular expression:

1858d62f916b80acd1e75c18f8138c.bmp
    Katessa
    Ebonheart Pact
    NA Server