What the Oblivion Happened to Light Armors?

Aeradon
Aeradon
✭✭✭✭✭
What do you think is missing?? How can we not walk around in those ridiculously similar robes? (Argonians and Bosmer were exceptions until certain levels)
Edited by Aeradon on May 25, 2014 9:33PM
People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions

What the Oblivion Happened to Light Armors? 164 votes

Shorten it. Bacon.
10% 18 votes
Put some holes. Bacon.
3% 6 votes
I don't care how they do it, I wanna look good and see my legs. Bacon.
31% 51 votes
Nothing's wrong.
22% 37 votes
I have an idea! Bacon.
1% 3 votes
I just want bacon.
29% 49 votes
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Aeradon on May 25, 2014 9:38PM

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want bacon, because I've no idea what is this slip about?
    Options
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nexus Mods.
    5696-1-1344782150.jpg
    tumblr_m9pg67QBXZ1r52j56o1_500.jpg
    2959649-1365252024.jpg
    34432-1-1365192742.jpg
    38053-2-1373207233.jpg
    25324-1-1362261836.jpg
    48652-2-1386618274.jpg
    1620-1-1322319270.jpg

Edited by Aeradon on May 25, 2014 9:57PM

Options
  • pknecron
    pknecron
    ✭✭✭
    It IS a bit weird that ALL light armour seems to be based on the "dress" pattern. I would like a lot more tunic based light armour models.
    Options
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why they nerf it to man dress only. Used to be so flexible.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Armor_(Skyrim)

Options
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are cloth tunics in the game, but I've only ever seen them drop off NPC's. They should be craftable (unless they are and I'm mistaken).
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • tanthil
    tanthil
    ✭✭✭
    this poll is just ***, nobody know wtf its about when they vote and all the options are written by a 10 year old or so it would seem
    Options
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tanthil wrote: »
    this poll is just ***, nobody know wtf its about when they vote and all the options are written by a 10 year old or so it would seem

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know I'm supposed to write a business proposal on the internet every time I type something. :(

Options
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I came here expecting bacon. I have yet to receive said bacon. How dare you fool us with false hopes of bacon. Go bacon yourself in bacon, you bacon bacon.
    Options
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worstluck wrote: »
    There are cloth tunics in the game, but I've only ever seen them drop off NPC's. They should be craftable (unless they are and I'm mistaken).

Agreed. I don't see why light armour has to be a dress.

"Are these clothes for a man .. or a woman?! ... I am a warrior, not some variety of flower!"

Options
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    I came here expecting bacon. I have yet to receive said bacon. How dare you fool us with false hopes of bacon. Go bacon yourself in bacon, you bacon bacon.

Them bacons are sold out! Don't you bacon with me bacon!

Options
  • Eorea
    Eorea
    ✭✭✭
    Bacon robes? I think that would attract beasties, don't you?
    Options
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    The light armor except for Bosmer is incredibly ugly. They need a new armor artist.
    Options
  • Apophiss
    Apophiss
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the Skyrim clothing mods are phenomenal!

And what you mean there is NO MORE BACON!!
    "Just when I think you have said the stupidest thing possible, you keep talking."
    -Hank Hill
    Options
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always use mod armour in my single player games like Oblivion/Skyrim and F3/NV .... or any other game that allows modding.

I think that's one of the reasons I never invest much into MMO's.

I can never look how I want to.

I do struggle a bit in this game to find armour I like the look of.

I keep finding chest pieces with thigh guards attached to them. I say attached, they kinda float a few inches from the thigh .... it looks odd.
    Options
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know I'm supposed to write a business proposal on the internet every time I type something. :(

You're not supposed to be be a try hard incoherent lunatic either. We get it, bacon...funny.
    Edited by fiachsidhe on May 26, 2014 12:55AM
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
    Options
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fiachsidhe wrote: »
    We get it, bacon...funny.

Bacon isn't funny.

Bacon is delicious.

Don't laugh at food. You'll upset it.
    Options
  • drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could get light armor that was pants and a jacket/vest/top instead of running around in a rug all the time.
    Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
    Options
  • ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice for some variation instead of robes ... but under the premise of the passives they've determined each armor type to be, it makes sense.

As others have mentioned, a tunic or something, anything besides a robe might be nice.
    Options
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fiachsidhe wrote: »
    Aeradon wrote: »

You're not supposed to be be a try hard incoherent lunatic either. We get it, bacon...funny.

I guess since everybody wanted poll choices that allows for bacon, it would be a nice gesture. (:

Options
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    All Bacon aside, it would be nice if we could craft the light tunics already in the game.

Now, back to bacon. I'll have mine dipped in chocolate please.
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are epically lazy, thats why we get nothing but robes..
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice for some variation instead of robes ... but under the premise of the passives they've determined each armor type to be, it makes sense.

As others have mentioned, a tunic or something, anything besides a robe might be nice.
    Agree more huge variations, one downside with medium length robes is that they often has to contains legs, one solution is jerkings and skirts, here you can have more variations. Only skirt now is the daeric,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I almost got tempted to make a Breton sorc named Francis Bacon now...
    (But i Guess that name is long since taken :P)
    Options
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    I almost got tempted to make a Breton sorc named Francis Bacon now...
    (But i Guess that name is long since taken :P)

A templar called Friar Bacon maybe?
    Options
  • gladen5rwb17_ESO
    gladen5rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Your poll does not ask anything relevant to light armor, however, I love the Skyrim pics of armor, now they had the right idea.
    Options
  • Catflinger
    Catflinger
    ✭✭✭
    My level 33 sorc had a Primal-styled light cloth tunic drop yesterday. I nearly died. It looks great. For a few levels, he doesn't have to waddle around in a poo-brown grandma apron. It's just too bad that this game doesn't have something like WoW's transmogrification feature.
    Options
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catflinger wrote: »
    My level 33 sorc had a Primal-styled light cloth tunic drop yesterday. I nearly died. It looks great. For a few levels, he doesn't have to waddle around in a poo-brown grandma apron. It's just too bad that this game doesn't have something like WoW's transmogrification feature.

Sounds great! Picture time!

Options
  • Rosanna_Foxfire
    The simplest solution is to let us craft jerkins.
    Options
  • etherin77
    etherin77
    ✭✭✭
    i can agree with this post, but on a lighter note... is that Shakira in the second last pic?
    Options