The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[BUG] Getting perma-stuck in "combat mode" all the time.

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
Whenever I am fighting something, I keep getting perma-stuck in combat mode - which pretty much prevents me from recovering resources.

I have to relog, or in some cases relaunch the game, in order to cancel it.
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • notepad
    notepad
    ✭✭
    While I've not experienced that exactly, I have noticed (including pre-Craglorn patch) that sometimes the "combat mode" sticks around for longer than expected after a battle. Often I have to holster my weapon before I can harvest a node.
  • Sertari
    Sertari
    It happens always in a group raid. Some are at front you more back, they run by some monsters then they lose it but you get stuck so many times i have that per day now 4 times.
  • Vanathi
    Vanathi
    ✭✭✭
    I am too. Though it's not just combat. I can sometimes mine or harvest with a spoon.
    "M'aiq was told to stay away from Oldgate. This confused him. M'aiq remembers when it was called Gate." M'aiq The Liar
  • Covyn
    Covyn
    ✭✭✭
    What I love is when your raid across the zone in Cyrodil is engaged, and you are "in combat" and can't mount from 4 miles away.
    Gyxx (VR1) Templar
    Quidd (VR5) Nightblade
    Kadzien (15) Sorc
    Covyn (VR12) DragonKnight (now spends his days crafting)
  • burkemi5_ESO
    bump. This happens to me frequently as well.
  • Skjoldur
    Skjoldur
    ✭✭✭
    Really annoying. Though I got the impression that it happens far more frequently when I've thrown some heal over time.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the worst in Cyrodiil. Last night I was stuck in combat from Sejanus to the bridge with no one in sight because I engaged someone at Sejanus.

In PvE, I find killing world bosses tend to bug it out as well.
  • Cimos
    Cimos
    ✭✭✭
    Skjoldur wrote: »
    Really annoying. Though I got the impression that it happens far more frequently when I've thrown some heal over time.

I think as people run from point to point, they aggro something, and if you touch them with a heal it will keep you in combat.

I will agree that getting out of combat is relatively random, sometimes you can mount right after a battle, and sometimes you cannot mount for several minutes of inactivity.

Not sure if its a bug or poor game design, but its kinda of annoying.