The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Going against the flow, thumbs up for ZoS

Bhakura
Bhakura
✭✭✭✭
great job on the update ZoS.

Loving the new textures, my imperial heavy suit already looked nice, now it looks even more badass, deep bordeaux and gold trimmed. Well its basicly same, just more refined. And finally! ghosts that look like ghosts, they turned invisible, and only hovering over them with crosshair reveals them if you have aura on, doing a dungeon filled with ghosts is hilariously dangerous ... (if youre not using the hpbar always on option).

Combat became more intense, instead of falling into bored automatism i actually have to stay alert in every single fight. I know, everyone already was crying it was to hard, now theyre crying it is impossible.
I disagree, combat became even more fun. First MMO to have a combat system that engages the player to act and react, fix the numerous bugs in it *cough*NB*cough* and this could very well become the best combat system in MMO land.

Havent played much yet since patch but from looks of it, this game is getting in the right direction. Even i had my serious doubts, mostly because of the blatant botting and hacking, so hate that and really was considering of leaving the game behind.
But with this new update, the future is looking very good. Get rid of the bots and hackers and you have my vote.

Wonder how long it will take before people start to trash this post :D considering the amount of grieving on forums ... not long.
  • Clunan
    Clunan
    ✭✭✭
    trolls gonna troll
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I annoyingly have to redownload the whole client but looking forward to testing it out. From the patch notes it sounds like a lot of good changes, as for all the complain threads it's the same old thing, people don't like change.

In regards to legitimate issues about the patch people could learn to make more constructive posts with actual feedback, information and numbers but I guess "FU ZOS I WILL STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE!" is more time efficient for them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AZRainman
    AZRainman
    ✭✭✭
    Troll post...+1
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clunan wrote: »
    trolls gonna troll

That's a nice, balanced, mature response...

I have noticed the slight increase in difficulty at VR5 since the patch. And you know what? I've been just fine. I'm not sure if it's an intended increase, but it's certainly not making my game unplayable.

Oh, and I'm a dual-wield/bow Nightblade. Who doesn't have problems with the class. Which means that you're probably going to accuse me of being a troll or a ZO shill, because let's face it, when you're unhappy, you refuse to believe that anyone else could possibly be enjoying themselves.
    ----
    Murray?
  • AbraCadabra
    AbraCadabra
    ✭✭✭
    Nice post. I agree. Nice posts aren't allowed on this forum however. The gloom and doomsayers will be here in a few minutes.
  • Calgrissom
    Calgrissom
    ✭✭
    trolls gonna troll

I have noticed the slight increase in difficulty at VR5 since the patch. And you know what? I've been just fine. I'm not sure if it's an intended increase, but it's certainly not making my game unplayable.

Oh, and I'm a dual-wield/bow Nightblade. Who doesn't have problems with the class. Which means that you're probably going to accuse me of being a troll or a ZO shill, because let's face it, when you're unhappy, you refuse to believe that anyone else could possibly be enjoying themselves.

come on up to V10 world. you wont be saying this in the v9-v10 zone.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calgrissom wrote: »
    trolls gonna troll

And yet I'm seeing complaining from people in VR5-6 zones too. So I can only assume that you're saying their complaints are invalid too. Or that, perhaps, people need to start using strategy in every fight, not just against the occasional boss.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with OP...

already liked the game despite the many, many shortcomings.. this patch is a step in the right direction to fix the problems. They aren't there yet but it definitely is a step in the right direction.

don't worry about the shouts and the flaming; ppl who actually like something are usually less vocal then the ones who don't like something.. also the ones who like the patch will mostly be playing it now :D

• Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. There are a few issues with this patch but all in all I am loving it. The difficulty increase took me a bit to get used to and change some of my play style, but destroying the quest bosses is much more satisfying now.

(still having an issue with overusing the nerfed bash though)
    Basic circle of complaints on ESO Forums:
    1) Users: Fix game/class/bug
    2) Zenimax Online: Brings servers down and fixes issues and deploys patches.
    3) Users: OMG SERVERS ARE DOWN!!!!!
    4) Zenimax Online: Brings servers back up!
    5) See 1)

VR10 Sword and Board Templar (Heavy Armour), Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 25 Sorcerer, Daggerfall Covenant
    LVL 28 DK, Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 15 Nightblade, Altmari Dominion
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another buffoon trying to make himself look cool.
    Edited by PBpsy on May 23, 2014 2:11PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • ttwinklerub17_ESO
    Im holding back any thoughts until I play a bit more

It was bad enough I had to rebind my keyboard setting with the update - it's annoying but if it means I get a better product so be it

I noticed a lot of cosmetic changes - both to players and environment - things that are changed

and the bots...my first impression 1 whole night at prime time with bots out of the way

lots of loot and mobs to hit for a change
    a whole night playing without me having to put a report in...WOW!!!!

• Vlaxitov
    Vlaxitov
    ✭✭✭
    People who are standing around and clapping their hands to how great this is should be required to list the name of their top level character and what level content they are currently playing. My guess is that the vast majority of them are not playing the content that is effected.

Armianlee said it all with
    Armianlee wrote: »
    but destroying the quest bosses is much more satisfying now

Quest bosses now have less HP and do less damage than an ordinary land mob in VR faction zones.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice post. I agree. Nice posts aren't allowed on this forum however. The gloom and doomsayers will be here in a few minutes.
    It's not doomsaying when you can actually see the meteors heading towards the planet, and the team in charge of stopping meteors from hitting the planet haven't yet acknowledged that meteors even exist.
    Edited by Maverick827 on May 23, 2014 2:21PM
  • Big_O
    Big_O
    trolls gonna troll

And yet I'm seeing complaining from people in VR5-6 zones too. So I can only assume that you're saying their complaints are invalid too. Or that, perhaps, people need to start using strategy in every fight, not just against the occasional boss.

No amount of strategy can prepare you for the 1 shot kill from random mobs.
    I was wearing medium purple rated armor in the vet 7 area when this happened to me last night.
    http://i57.tinypic.com/2njfuc6.jpg
  • AZRainman
    AZRainman
    ✭✭✭
    I think since the Zenimax office has now opened: the paid shill posting has started, before the bondholders drop the hammer and demand heads are gonna roll ;)
  • Calgrissom
    Calgrissom
    ✭✭
    trolls gonna troll

No what Im saying is the OP has posted another L2P Post and has no idea what he is talking about. If you think things in the higher level Vet content between 6-10 are not broken atm please justify this hit from a V7 Trash mob tiger to me.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2njfuc6&s=8#.U39ZL40o8y4
  • Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    People who are standing around and clapping their hands to how great this is should be required to list the name of their top level character and what level content they are currently playing. My guess is that the vast majority of them are not playing the content that is effected.

Quest bosses now have less HP and do less damage than an ordinary land mob in VR faction zones.

Sorry, land mobs are still doable for me... not nearly as frustrating as the quest bosses with adds. World Bosses are a hell of a lot harder and good thing too... hated having a fairly large group fighting them, only to have them fall in a few moments.
    5) See 1)

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No what Im saying is the OP has posted another L2P Post and has no idea what he is talking about. If you think things in the higher level Vet content between 6-10 are not broken atm please justify this hit from a V7 Trash mob tiger to me.

Big_O wrote: »

I was wearing medium purple rated armor in the vet 7 area when this happened to me last night.

My favorite thing is that you both claim that this is your personal screenshot.

And yes, I've been hit by some mobs in VR5 zones for a lot of damage. I was even one-shotted in the Lion's Den by a regular mob. Do you know why? Because I failed to dodge/interrupt a power attack. And since that power attack was fire, it was a particularly stupid one for my vampire to not stop. I learned, I didn't cry, and I moved on.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Vlaxitov
    Vlaxitov
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, land mobs are still doable for me... not nearly as frustrating as the quest bosses with adds. World Bosses are a hell of a lot harder and good thing too... hated having a fairly large group fighting them, only to have them fall in a few moments.

Sorry, but quest bosses saw ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGE yet you suggest they were different. Now its "world bosses," or in other words you just don't know what you're saying. I also can't help but notice that you never mentioned what level content you are doing with your highest level content even after I suggested sharing that with the class.

• ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes you just have to read between the lines.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Thevenin
    Thevenin
    ✭✭
    Agreed.
  • Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, but quest bosses saw ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGE yet you suggest they were different. Now its "world bosses," or in other words you just don't know what you're saying. I also can't help but notice that you never mentioned what level content you are doing with your highest level content even after I suggested sharing that with the class.

Sorry, but I am not changing what I am saying. I am adding to it. I was now mentioning WORLD BOSSES in addition to what I was saying before. I never said they raised quest boss difficulty, I clearly said, "Land mobs are still doable for me... not nearly as frustrating as the quest bosses with adds". Comprehension fail much?

I am VR4 using a sword and board, I've had to change my style after they did that nice nerf to bash and am doing just fine.
    or in other words you just don't know what you're saying
    Right.. yeah... no clue.. LOL

Edited by Armianlee on May 23, 2014 2:59PM
    5) See 1)

• Big_O
    Big_O

Big_O wrote: »

My favorite thing is that you both claim that this is your personal screenshot.

And yes, I've been hit by some mobs in VR5 zones for a lot of damage. I was even one-shotted in the Lion's Den by a regular mob. Do you know why? Because I failed to dodge/interrupt a power attack. And since that power attack was fire, it was a particularly stupid one for my vampire to not stop. I learned, I didn't cry, and I moved on.

It is my screen shot. Not sure why the other person worded his post as such. The point simply a power attack from a random tiger should not do this much damage. I fought two dungeon bosses this morning that did not hit this hard. Something is broken with this latest patch and at least should be addressed.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on these forums reading about how hard it is now and I started to worry. I got in game and its not that bad, i just have to pay attention more. Its actually a LOT more fun :)
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    It's easier to criticize than be constructive

Negativity has more energy then positivity

The content will continue to play where as the unhappy will post

The vocal minority often out yells the silent majority

Not saying there aren't issues, just saying people who are angry tend to make more noise then those that are happy so take all the threads with a grain of salt
  • madfeldoreb17_ESO
    PBpsy wrote: »
    Another buffoon trying to make himself look cool.

What does that mean and you mean the OP?

Cheers...
    Edited by madfeldoreb17_ESO on May 23, 2014 3:04PM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because memory leaks, rollbacks, crashing, black screen while loading into the game, etc. deserve a 'thumbs up' ....

When they fix the game from this latest patch, they shall then receive my thanks and a thumbs up, currently /facepalm.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • madfeldoreb17_ESO
    NiRN wrote: »
    Sometimes you just have to read between the lines.

This time at least, you might be correct... ;)

Cheers...
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    people can gripe all they want.

egotists can flex all they want.

At the end of the day, Zenimax has to count the subscribers they have left, and decide if they can keep the servers open.

Time will ultimately tell, and that is a fact that no one will be able to argue. g/l on the other side.
  • DisIzMe
    DisIzMe
    Soul Shriven
    I am glad you like the change,but i suspect you play DK or sorcerer and do not suffer from recent ability delay spike.
    On my V5R healing templar even planning every single fight ahead will not always help since 1 in 3 abilities will either fire too late or fail to fire at all. This is not fun,it is broken. Having to look for someone to help deal with usual silly 3 man mobs is rediculous and if this continues there will be 1 sub less soon.