The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Going against the flow, thumbs up for ZoS

• Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big_O wrote: »
    No amount of strategy can prepare you for the 1 shot kill from random mobs.
    I was wearing medium purple rated armor in the vet 7 area when this happened to me last night.
    http://i57.tinypic.com/2njfuc6.jpg

if blocking or dodging out of the way is not strategy, then yes you are right.
    Sadly, i do not agree.

im far from the perfect gamer, so if a mediocre gamer like myself can avoid being hit with those numbers, why cant you?
    If looking at the amount of griefing you all consider yourself to be pro gamers and are talking out of experience and know how.
    Yet every single gripe is always one where it involves getting hit by aoes or special skills, not normal attacks.

I find that weird.
    Edited by Bhakura on May 23, 2014 3:48PM
  • Iceman_mat
    Iceman_mat
    ✭✭✭
    I'm level 30.

-Cheers
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    DisIzMe wrote: »
    I am glad you like the change,but i suspect you play DK or sorcerer and do not suffer from recent ability delay spike.
    On my V5R healing templar even planning every single fight ahead will not always help since 1 in 3 abilities will either fire too late or fail to fire at all. This is not fun,it is broken. Having to look for someone to help deal with usual silly 3 man mobs is ridiculous and if this continues there will be 1 sub less soon.

not sure who you were referencing Dis, but to be honest I'm on your side :) if this change is planned, then I will be one of those who will be REMOVING his sub from the general pool. Subs actually, i opened a second account for my son to play. both will close and we'll see how long Zenimin can keep it's doors open catering to a niche group.

My comment was generalized for a reason. the fanbois will defend this game to the death, and then find some arbitrary reason to explain why it died after 3/4 of the general population leaves. but it doesn't matter if we are fanbois or whiners (and i say both tongue in cheek, as I consider myself a whiner given my own descriptions), at the end of the day(week whatever), the sub count determines if this game continues,not any arguments in the forums.

So if your unhappy, show it. and zenimaz will have to listen eventually. or drop this and move to another project.

What would really be funny (in a sad way) is if they couldn't even keep it running long enough to get it to console.
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    My general computer gaming rule is that a large unannounced change in a game is probably a bug. So I get more exercised about announced changes that I don't like than ones that will probably go away after a hotpatch. It looks like the VR difficulty changes were not intended. It's easy to see how they could get missed: the higher end VR testers were probably focusing on Craglorn, and the changes in the lower end VR were small enough not to be obvious.
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    DisIzMe wrote: »
    I am glad you like the change,but i suspect you play DK or sorcerer and do not suffer from recent ability delay spike.
    On my V5R healing templar even planning every single fight ahead will not always help since 1 in 3 abilities will either fire too late or fail to fire at all. This is not fun,it is broken. Having to look for someone to help deal with usual silly 3 man mobs is rediculous and if this continues there will be 1 sub less soon.

• Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Agree with the post! Thumbs up!

Really enjoy the harder content which makes VR even more interesting and engaging.

You just have to adjust your build to the situation. Stun one of the mobs in the group, think about the path you take more wisely, perhaps even sneak around groups.

This is how a MMO has to be. I want a challenge, I want to think about how I'm playing, play around with builds. Not just tedious grinding.

Alchemy and Provisioning also come into play here a lot more.

And the new armors look great!

EDIT: Oh yea I'm not trolling - actually dead serious.
    Edited by Wizzo91 on May 23, 2014 4:29PM
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    starts handing out tissues to people with issues.
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just had an encounter with a VR6 dungeon boss, healer. What a fight, couldnt dps because of oom problems, she would just heal through it all, so changed tactic and only used knock with elemental drain.
    Poor thing was nonstop flying through the air, dps parser sucked incredibly but finally went down ... i mean, how is that not fun :D
    Those are the kind of challenges i like in games.
    And to make things worse i know what item she drops and its one i can use, so i HAVE to kill her until she drops >.<
    Edited by Bhakura on May 23, 2014 4:42PM