The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The Cliffs of Failure: The Endless War - Can't Plant Seeds

• sinomiel
    sinomiel
    Soul Shriven
    join someone who can do the quest. their planting will count for you too. there must be nice ppl who will help if you tell them about your trouble.
    Options
  • Darkmayne
    Darkmayne
    Same issue, cannot get credit for planted seeds
    Options
  • Malvan
    Malvan
    Soul Shriven
    What is strange for me. I got credit for one planted seed but now cannot plant any other. This is frustrating as hell. Please fix this asap.
    Options
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen my issue here, which is I have 6 seeds but the game doesn't seem to know I have them and I have no option to do anything with them at all. I've tried about 6 times already. Not sure what do do now. :/
    Options
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should this be in Ebonheart pact or in Main quest.. this is a coldharbor quest, and all coldharbor quests are the same for the 3 alliences, effectively story quests themselves
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
    Options
  • Exeter411
    Exeter411
    ✭✭✭
    It was fixed in the last patch. It was bugged for me, too. Just make sure you plant the seeds in dead soldiers, they won't work for dead zombies.
    Options
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    It worked for me after I abandoned the quest and started over. After the last patch.
    Options
  • Zikai_Enakis
    Zikai_Enakis
    ✭✭
    Should this be in Ebonheart pact or in Main quest.. this is a coldharbor quest, and all coldharbor quests are the same for the 3 alliences, effectively story quests themselves

You're probably right. I didn't think of that when creating the post.
    Options
  • swids2010
    swids2010
    Soul Shriven
    Was checking this out because its one of the few I have left have tried abandoning a couple times same result cant plant I am very disappointed to see that some of the first post about this are almost 3 months old now. Need to sort this out
    Options
  • slayer.slaymakerb14a_ESO
    Was having the same issues. I kept trying over & over again. It seemed to work a little better when I was pressing E close to another enemy I was in combat with so when I killed one I brought the other over & I could see little vines spawning under the 2nd enemy that was alive. It still didn't work all the time but hopefully that helps others.
    Options
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    well i too suffer with this bug.. irritating..
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
    Options
  • TymmyD
    TymmyD
    ✭✭
    Bug still exists in 1.3.3 on my Templar. So very frustrating.
    Options
  • dan0311
    dan0311
    ✭✭✭
    yep...experiencing it now with VR1 DK.
    Options
  • lionelch
    lionelch
    ✭✭
    I am a mage and I am having same problem. Tried all sorts of things I keep getting the message "This item not ready"
    Options
  • preparator
    preparator
    Soul Shriven
    Some workaround - I was able to plant a seed while NPC was standing on the dead body. Something like slayer.slaymakerb14a_ESO wrote.
    Options
  • aialghannam_ESO
    aialghannam_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    preparator wrote: »
    Some workaround - I was able to plant a seed while NPC was standing on the dead body. Something like slayer.slaymakerb14a_ESO wrote.
    I can confirm this solves it. very weird!
    R.I.P. Tanks
    Options
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finally can repeatedly plant a seed. I camped a pair - one humanoid and one skeleton. I focused on the humanoid first. When he was dead and the skeleton was still pounding on me, I had the option "plant seed". I did (during combat). I had a visual of me kneeling down for a moment. I then stood back up and finished the skeleton off. At that point, the thorny guy sprang out of the corpse and I got a seed credit.
    -
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
    Options
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it with a char on 1.2.4, worked fine. Doing it again today (1.3.4) with a different char, no seed-planting interaction, did all the usual workarounds (relog, /camp, etc). Sent /bug.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌, what is up with this? Why is there this persistent problem, with not a shred of acknowledgement from you guys that "yes, we're looking at it?" No mention in any recent patch notes.

This makes all of ZOS look bad and wastes your customers' time in the worst possible way.

Well?

And forget the bizarre "position the NPC over the corpse..." workarounds. That is just more than any paying customer should be asked to do.

Well?
    Options
  • tedsini_ESO
    tedsini_ESO
    ✭✭
    This is the third alt that I've taken through this quest. The first two worked fine (NB and Sorc). My Templar is having no such luck (sigh). Yeah, what Srugzal said. Please fix this, or at least acknowledge it.
    Options
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    preparator wrote: »
    I can confirm this solves it. very weird!

This is the real reason Zenimax should really be looking at this, because these completely off-the-wall "workarounds" shouldn't even be possible. The point of the seed things is that they spawn a skeleton who then tanks for you, however briefly. When I did this workaround, no such thing happened. A duplicate of the NPC was created, and both it and the original vanished, yet credit for planting a seed was granted. Isn't this a sign that something is profoundly farked up? You'd think they'd be all over this.

I've also learned that ZOS seldom responds to demands for action or acknowledgement. As customers, we're just utterly powerless in the face of their silence. I doubt this is a feeling that ZOS wants to engender in their customers, but there you have it. They may be planning wonderful things, but do not value us enough to tell us what's up. So sad, really.
    Edited by Srugzal on August 16, 2014 12:08AM
    Options
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best way to do it is creat a pile of dead bodies wait until they respawn, get them to the pile and spam E.

Hasn't this bug been around off and on since beta?
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

Options
  • qwe80
    qwe80
    Soul Shriven
    I have a weird idea: maybe its the addons? i have 2 addons that must be heavy on resurces, DataDaedra and HarvestMap. I cannot delete the data they collected even if i delete the folders they are on, so I can't test it by myself. Who else here have addons that might be problematic?
    Options
  • robyoung89b16_ESO
    robyoung89b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    stuck with this bug today. still not fixed
    Options
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do any of you who are still having this problem have auto loot turned on, or is using a Loot plugin?

Just a thought that auto-loot may be breaking this quest.
    Options
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RSram wrote: »
    Do any of you who are still having this problem have auto loot turned on, or is using a Loot plugin?

Just a thought that auto-loot may be breaking this quest.

Interesting thought. You do have the "loot me" green glow, yes, but you never have the "Search me" prompt, only the "place strange seed" prompt... so I would guess no, that wouldn't be it. You can't do any actual looting until the seed is planted... and then usually the lootable body vanishes.

As anyone tried turning off Auto Loot and all of the various "Loot Drop" addons? It would be worth a try.
    Options
  • Humble48
    Humble48
    ✭✭
    This is still bugged. I've tried turning auto loot off but it seems the system wants to loot and not drop the seeds. I hear a clicking sound when I use the seed but nothing happens.

Zen - It's been over 4 months. Time to fix.
    Options
  • NeilPolsley
    NeilPolsley
    Soul Shriven
    Just did this part not 10 minutes ago. What worked for me was i went up this twirling pathway that lead up to the Bloodthorn enemies who have zombies by them. I attacked the two humans and after i killed them i left the zombie alive. After that i let the zombie walk on top of the bodies of the two enemies i just killed and was able to plant the seeds. The two Bloodthorn enemies bodies never went away after i used the seed so i was able to get all 6 on just those two. Hope this helps someone out. I know for sure i was getting frustrated.
    Options
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    Just did this part not 10 minutes ago. What worked for me was i went up this twirling pathway that lead up to the Bloodthorn enemies who have zombies by them. I attacked the two humans and after i killed them i left the zombie alive. After that i let the zombie walk on top of the bodies of the two enemies i just killed and was able to plant the seeds. The two Bloodthorn enemies bodies never went away after i used the seed so i was able to get all 6 on just those two. Hope this helps someone out. I know for sure i was getting frustrated.

To add, say there is a group of 2 even 3 enemies, only kill 2 and preferrably leave a melee enemy alive to chase you over the bodies. Try to plant the seeds when that enemy is over their bodies and it will make an effect and you'll have credit for planting the seed.
    Options
  • Ironbottom
    Ironbottom
    Soul Shriven
    REiiGN15 wrote: »

To add, say there is a group of 2 even 3 enemies, only kill 2 and preferrably leave a melee enemy alive to chase you over the bodies. Try to plant the seeds when that enemy is over their bodies and it will make an effect and you'll have credit for planting the seed.

Confirmed. This worked for me as well.
    Options
  • moonragerb14_ESO
    moonragerb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This is actually how the quest is designed to work I believe. Find a human battling an undead. Kill the human, the undead now attacks you. Make sure the undead is on top of the dead human, then while the undead is attacking you, use the seed on the human body. You will get credit for seed. Worked for me 100% of the time.

Moon
    Options