Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jazbay Grapes Glitch

Blade_07
Blade_07
✭✭✭✭
Some of them I get are glitched so they cant be used or stack. Icon looks like jazbay grapes and the name is the same but it wont stack and as you can see in the picture 10 of them sell for 1 gold a piece and 3 of them sell for no gold at all.

fvfpl4022gy0.gif
Edited by Blade_07 on May 22, 2014 6:46PM
“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not really a bug. They are two completely different items with the same name. This has been reported before. One of them needs to have its name changed to something else.
  • Baraz
    Baraz
    ✭✭✭
    Saerydoth wrote: »
    They are two completely different items with the same name. This has been reported before. One of them needs to have its name changed to something else.
    Are you sure ? Provisioning ingredients only show one type of Jazbay Grapes ("level 5 food"). What is the other version (trash to be sold to merchants?). I believe it is caused by a change in the gold value of some food ingredients, where the old and new values do no coincide (just a theory).
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its the one with a money value that you cant cook with if i remember correctly. Would go try it but downloading update atm so cant play.

Fact is they need to fix the bug cuz they share the same exact name and details other then the sell price. And if memory serves me right, all cooking items sell for 0 gold.
    Edited by Blade_07 on May 22, 2014 7:11PM
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• siledre
    siledre
    ✭✭✭
    one is for low level recipes, the other for high level recipes
  • Spatialdisplcmnt
    Baraz wrote: »
    Saerydoth wrote: »
    They are two completely different items with the same name. This has been reported before. One of them needs to have its name changed to something else.
    Are you sure ? Provisioning ingredients only show one type of Jazbay Grapes ("level 5 food"). What is the other version (trash to be sold to merchants?). I believe it is caused by a change in the gold value of some food ingredients, where the old and new values do no coincide (just a theory).

If you're referring to the gold value change of some items in the new patch that just hit, it can't be that. I've had this problem since there was Jazbay grapes in the guild bank well over a week ago.
  • JAustin
    JAustin
    Soul Shriven
    There are actually two as stated above- one is a base ingredient, and one is an upgrade ingredient (like for blue recipes). There is also at least one recipe I have seen that needs one of each. Yeah, they need to rename one to something like "ripe jazbay grapes" to avoid the confusion.
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    I have a recipe for Consummate Jazbay Cabernet that uses both. I have made the recipe and it does work, but it is very confusing to have two separate stacks of jazbay grapes.
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was farming today in Coldharbor for pepper for about 4 hours or so(got no pepper at all...none!)and I got 20 Jazbay grapes and they are the glitched kind that has a money value. And here I was thinking "Wow...this is cool that I'm getting jazbay grapes at this drop rate" But when I took a look at them in my inventory I noticed they was all the glitched kind. :s ~Zenimax says....SIKE!!!~ And I say this is easy crap to fix but its still broken. >..> Thanx!

• Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Holy thread necro.

There are two types of Jazbay Grapes. The evil "junk" kind that sell for 0 to the vendor are the juicy ones that Provisioners drool over. There are several tiers of rare Provisioning items and Jazbay Grapes (0g) rank up there with Onions and Potatoes. If you hit the holy grail of Tomatoes and Oats, then any Provisioner in the vicinity will become your BFF.

Yes they need to rename one of the Jazbay Grapes. I'm sure it's on the list.

BTW, I'm surprised that even though you know how rare Pepper is, you expected all your Jazbay Grapes to be of the rare/awesome kind. :wink:

Still though, holy thread necro. ;)
    Edited by Celuwen on June 3, 2014 12:17AM
  • rfpalmerb16_ESO
    rfpalmerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I reported this bug in the last beta.
    Round peg? Square hole? Not a problem with a big enough hammer.
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a huge bug and I have reported it for 6 months. Zenimax, please fix it!
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only is the Jazbay Grape/Pepper/Salt, etc. exceedingly rare to find, but the method of storage leaves a lot to be desired. And by a lot, I mean a lot of space.

Honningbrew Meadery wants to offer a new Mountain Berry Mead. This takes ten mountain berries per bottle (approximate of course). Now, at one mountain berry per barrel, this fills up a standard cart pretty fast. Maybe, with liberal application of rope, one might get ten barrels on one cart, insuring one bottle of this magnificent brew per load. Take into account the cart can get to its destination and not be waylaid by berry-pilfering over-powered trash mobs (with a healer too, the rotten thieves!), these bottles will fetch a tidy profit.

How does one find one berry at the bottom of a 3-ft tall barrel? We should be tipping it over and shaking it, or have a nice animation of our character's legs dangling out of the top and a muffled sound of outrage when the Jazbay Grape of Disappointment is what is found.

On the positive side, there's now an additional good use for Magelight.