The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Server Status?

nerrollus
nerrollus
✭✭✭
Is there some kind of server status page that I'm not seeing?

Usually MMO's have a page that shows if the servers are up or down so you can see when they're done with maintenance. Since ESO doesn't give ETA's, having a status page seems like something that would be really useful.

Ragnarok Blackfist - Templar of the Ebonheart Pact
Ronin Wanderhome - Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Service Alerts

Found on the Support tab on the main site. You can also open your client; the pop-up message will say when maintenance is underway.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Skillet
    Skillet
    ✭✭✭
    Just hit launch. You get instant notification. I did it in less than 2 seconds.
  • cygnus_royb14_ESO
    cygnus_royb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    nerrollus said, "having a status page seems like something that would be really useful."
    Agreed
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerrollus said, "having a status page seems like something that would be really useful."
    Agreed

You mean like the one I linked?
    ----
    Murray?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • nerrollus
    nerrollus
    ✭✭✭
    OK thanks. The old one was giving me an access denied and that's the only one that was coming up on Google searches.

• anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭

2014.05.25 - 13:00 BST (08:00 EDT)

The North American megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.

The European megaserver is currently online.

It's the 25th of May? :o
    Edited by anakaki on May 22, 2014 1:47PM
    Death Recap for Templars
    Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
    Templars do more dps than DK's.
  • nerrollus
    nerrollus
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and I know it's kind of a knit-picky thing, but if there was a spot on the launcher that said "Server Status: Up" or something so we didn't have to keep relaunching the launcher or refreshing that page that would be cool.

Put that one the list of things to-do after all the important stuff is done. ;)

• Bolo_Bob
    Bolo_Bob
    ✭✭✭
    anakaki wrote: »

The North American megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.

thats probably their expected finish time :worried:

• nerrollus
    nerrollus
    ✭✭✭

Obviously they've had so much coffee and energy drinks this morning they've traveled 3 days into the future.

• ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good catch. Fixed!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • notsodiva_ESO
    They actually used to have a forum page for this, where they would update everyone as to an approximate ETA. They now have a cop-out server status page where there no communication as to when the server MIGHT come back online or when the patch will be available to download. It's just more of them not caring about keeping people informed so long as they get our money. ZeniMax fails harder than any company I've ever seen at communication with their paying customers and they are systematically making it worse. Really is it that hard to maintain one forum page just so people aren't wasting time?
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really unhappy about the Service Status forum disappearing. For the past month, I've checked it on my phone when travelling home from university - to see if I should rush home to meet my friends online, or (for example) pick up food first. This new "simple" status of up versus down does nothing to answer these questions.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    I am really unhappy about the Service Status forum disappearing. For the past month, I've checked it on my phone when travelling home from university - to see if I should rush home to meet my friends online, or (for example) pick up food first. This new "simple" status of up versus down does nothing to answer these questions.
    The posts are supposed to be in Official News & Patch Notes, nothing about todays NA maintenance though.
    The server status is in support as server alerts, but is still just a sequence of posts about whether the server is on/off then.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea this is kind of an odd way to have to get into the server status. Much easier on the front page. I don't really care to open the launcher either to check everytime until the patch is completely ready to download.....
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we make this the official "Are Servers Up Yet" thread please.
  • Warlordgreebo
    Warlordgreebo
    ✭✭
    They actually used to have a forum page for this, where they would update everyone as to an approximate ETA. They now have a cop-out server status page where there no communication as to when the server MIGHT come back online or when the patch will be available to download. It's just more of them not caring about keeping people informed so long as they get our money. ZeniMax fails harder than any company I've ever seen at communication with their paying customers and they are systematically making it worse. Really is it that hard to maintain one forum page just so people aren't wasting time?

Apparently, they prefer to leave us greebling in the wind!!
  • smashftw
    smashftw
    Soul Shriven
    ummm I'm seeing the resolved announcement but I'm still getting the bad server???
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy Mother of Necro!
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P