Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What's your favorite ESO Class and Why?

HackTheMinotaur
HackTheMinotaur
✭✭✭✭
Hey all,

What is your absolute favorite class in ESO right now and why? Curious to see the results here!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 4 February 2024 19:08

What's your favorite ESO Class and Why? 163 votes

Dragonknight
12% 21 votes
Nightblade
17% 28 votes
Sorcerer
14% 24 votes
Templar
19% 32 votes
Warden
14% 24 votes
Necromancer
5% 9 votes
Arcanist
15% 25 votes
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I gotta give it to the Warden for me, with Sorc as a close second. I know the class has its problems, like some skills and passives being lackluster (Nature's gift and Emerald Moss in Green Balance line imo), or that its like a nature class mixed with a frost mage, but its honestly one of the most fun classes for me. I've of course got my frost mage Argonian, but recently I've been working on an Argonian Stamwarden DOT build that's been super fun to build and explore.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
    Options
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro. I like the aesthetic. I like being able to play one bar tank, healer, and Dps. I enjoy the rhythm of the rotation. It's awesome for soloing content and fun in PvP.
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a tie between Warden and Nightblade for me, mainly because I hate flashy effects with a passion and both classes allow me to take a few class skills that aren't overly bright and flashy.
    That being said, the actual class makes very little difference to me as I mainly use weapon skills and maybe guild abilities.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • XSTRONG
      XSTRONG
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My main char is Templar, I dont know why I like Templar but im used to play it so..
      Options
    • LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      my main is a bosmer warden (ps eu).
      i love wardens and have 4 others.
      Love the ice and nature skills.
      here's a picture of my main 🌸
      jctq5qvkhfpv.jpg

my second favourite is arcanist.
      templar and nightblade come close, but are a little harder to use for every role.

necromancer, dragonknight, and sorcerer are fun, but less than the others.
      healing is more complicated,
      i look forward to Scribing so i can use Grimoires for healing instead of combat pets or just burst heals.
      miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
      "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
      🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
      Options
    • valenwood_vegan
      valenwood_vegan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Still templar, in spite of everything we've been through.

I mostly play solo and have always had the most success in harder content with a tanky plar with lots of heals.
      Options
    • Minstrel9806
      I don't like a lot of the visuals from most of them, still my favorite ones gameplay and theme wise are DK, Sorc (specifically StamSorc) and Templar.

With that said, i don't like DK's poison aesthetics, the spiked armor and the seething fury fire eyes, even tho i play a StamDK so poison skills are what i use.

Templar has me forced into using Jabs unless i want to lose a considerable amount of DPS, granted that's the class identity but i think improving the animation or make the spear model coherent with the other Templar skills could help improve the overall feel of the skill. And fixing the animation to not hit the air (aesthetic-wise) while moving diagonally could help too (it's not the only skill with this problem tho)

I really like StamSorc spellsword like gameplay but i don't like the transparency effect Hurricane gives, wish there was a way to turn it off (and no it wouldn't be unbalanced cause the game turns it off anyway if there're enough particles on the screen at any given moment)
      Edited by Minstrel9806 on 4 February 2024 20:02
      Options
    • AzuraFan
      AzuraFan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Warden.

Because I find it the most fun to play.
      Edited by AzuraFan on 4 February 2024 20:15
      Options
    • Soarora
      Soarora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Can't decide between warden and sorc since of my "mains", half are warden (mag DPS, healer) and half are sorc (overland main/crafter, tank). I think people see me as more of a warden main though.
      PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
      Options
    • Palumtra
      Palumtra
      ✭✭✭
      DK because it's a beast at tanking and I like the design of the class by default.
      Torn between Warden and Templar for second place. (As Tank/Support)
      Third place is for Nightblade, always liked rogue like classes, definitely gonna build one as a siphoning vamp tank for fun.
      PCEU - Tank main
      Options
    • Vaqual
      Vaqual
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      NB because of the theme and the animations. I don't like the ones with the red blades (teleport strike, veiled strike, incap, assassins blade) and the bow, but at least there are many animations that do not hide the weapons. The class is visually not perfect, but I like all others less:

Warden pets kill the mood 100 % because of the Vvardenfell focus. Necro and Warden only have abilities that hide weapons.
      DKs heart+hunchback are bad and sadly whip also hides weapons, but the rest is okayish.
      Templar I don't like the color palette and the theme so much.
      Sorcs lightning form is also quite ugly, but overall it is my second favourite.
      I have not given the arcanist a serious go so far, just fooled around a bit, same issues apply.
      Yeah I really hate flashy animations and abilities where weapons pop in and out of existence. Can't live with that.

Edit: Sounded a bit negative, overall I am really happy and I know I am not easy to satisfy in this regard. ESO's general art style is very good.
      Edited by Vaqual on 5 February 2024 01:33
      Options
    • metheglyn
      metheglyn
      ✭✭✭✭
      Dragonknight.

I enjoy the playstyle and I like the visuals. Fire eyes and breath, twirly whip, and floating fireballs along with a good dose of claw poison ripping through enemies. Ah, it's so much fun.
      Options
    • AcadianPaladin
      AcadianPaladin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hey Hack, it's your thread. I'd be interested in your favorite class and why. :)
      PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
      Options
    • Erickson9610
      Erickson9610
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      As a Werewolf player, I prefer the Templar Werewolf and the Sorcerer Werewolf playstyles. They both offer ability cost reduction (via Restoring Spirit/Unholy Knowledge), which makes Werewolf skills slightly cheaper, and they both augment the damage of Werewolf's abilities (via Balanced Warrior/Energized).

I'd argue that Nightblade Werewolf, Arcanist Werewolf, and Dragonknight Werewolf are best used with recovery builds (due to Refreshing Shadows, Erudition, and Combustion, respectively), while Warden Werewolf is fine for solo play (due to being able to proc Maturation on oneself) and Necromancer Werewolf is best for DoT builds (as Werewolf has three DoTs, which are affected by Rapid Rot).
      Edited by Erickson9610 on 5 February 2024 00:24
      PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
      Options
    • Artim_X
      Artim_X
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sorcerer feels the most like how I would play a pure lightning build in the single-player games.
      (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
      Electric-Burn/Stun
      https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
      • Damage Dealing Build.
      • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
      • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
      • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
      Electric-Heal
      https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
      • My Healer Build.
      • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
      • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
      • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
      Electric-Ward
      https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
      • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
      • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
      • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
      • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
      Electric-Vamp
      https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
      • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
      • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
      • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
      • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
      Dawnfang
      https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
      • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
      • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
      • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
      Duskfang
      https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
      • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
      • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
      • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
      PvE Starter Gear
      https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
      • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
      • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
      Race
      https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
      • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
      Mundus Stones
      https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
      • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
      • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
      • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
      Current Champion Points
      https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
      • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
      • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
      • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
      • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
      • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
      • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
      Favorite Foods and Potions
      https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
      • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
      • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
      • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
      • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
      Options
    • SkaraMinoc
      SkaraMinoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The sorcerer toolkit (movespeed, gap closer, sustain) allows you to do things other classes can't.
      PC NA
      Options
    • Hotdog_23
      Hotdog_23
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Honestly, I play all classes and enjoy them all pretty equally, but if I had to choose. It would be DK as it was my first and main character that knows everything first and does all the quest in the game.

That said, love your content and longtime YouTube subscriber. Thanks for everything you do for the ESO community.
      Options
    • bbrown0770
      bbrown0770
      ✭✭✭
      Dragon knight was what I started with
      GT: Sir Ben 0770
      DC NA XBOX
      Options
    • RaddlemanNumber7
      RaddlemanNumber7
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      It was NB, but now we have good stealth on all classes, and Oakensoul, I can't say I have a favourite Class.
      PC EU
      Options
    • KlauthWarthog
      KlauthWarthog
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Main Templar, since Early Access. I picked it up then for the flexibility if offered when compared to others, and then stuck because of the aggressive in-your-face playstyle it favored.
      So no, I am not exactly happy with the current beam-then-from-orbit aberration we have today.
      On indefinite hiatus since U41.
      Options
    • freespirit
      freespirit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I have to say it's still is Templar!

Proven to myself by the fact that each time I start a new account, I don't even think at character selection, it's straight to Templar.

Sorc and Warden come second and third and EVERYTHING is magika based, I just cannot get along with stamina!
      When people say to me........
      "You're going to regret that in the morning"
      I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
      Options
    • Malyore
      Malyore
      ✭✭✭✭
      It feels too soon for me to say arcanist, so I'm pretending it's not an option yet. Despite my main for years being sorc, I think my favorite is Templar. I don't have much experience with it, but the experiences I do have are good. I can be a healer when I need to do dungeons, and outside of that it has good crowd damage and survivability for most content. Just feels good to use, especially for solo play. But it still has easy access to multiplayer content too because of it's easy healing.. role loads into groups pretty quickly. I think if it got the arcanist scaling where abilities just go with max resource it'd be even more fun for solo play
      Options
    • RaptorRodeoGod
      RaptorRodeoGod
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Arcanist go brrr hahaha
      Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
      ---
      Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
      ---
      Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
      Options
    • Twig_Garlicshine
      Twig_Garlicshine
      ✭✭✭✭
      2 Favourites as game is:
      Nightblade and Sorcerer.

Favourite class in theory:
      Necromancer
      Eso execution was ... not my cup of tea.
      Options
    • CardinalJack
      CardinalJack
      ✭✭
      I don't have a favorite class as I hate all of them in varying amounts. If I must pick one, then it would be Dragon Knight.
      Options
    • Vevvev
      Vevvev
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dragonknight as it was the class that made me confident in melee, the class I learned how to Heal and Tank with, and the one where I learned how to "get good".

I had crutched long ago in a time almost forgotten on the Nightblade's Ambush to stun lock enemies and bosses in the open world, and when I played Sorcerer for a fresh perspective I was super glassy. All in all... I could never seem to actually "Win" anything till I made a Dragonknight.

The Dragonknight was supposed to be a little Squire character in a roleplay that'd function as my tank, but in the guild we did duels and stuff so I did some duels on the DK. When Summerset came out we got access to the Imbue Weapon power, and suddenly I was learning light attack weaving, a friend was teaching me how damage and defense scaling worked, and suddenly.... I found myself turning this RP character into a full scale toon.
      That character is now my main, and I use them for healing, tanking, PvP, and the occasional DPS. I've seen the class go from zero to hero several times, and no matter what state it's in I'll love it all the same.
      Edited by Vevvev on 6 February 2024 20:01
      PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
      Options
    • Panderbander
      Panderbander
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Werewolf isn't listed. Classes are just a means for me to play my preferred class, a bloodthirsty beast.
      Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
      Options
    • merpins
      merpins
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I'll give you my progression through the game, from Beta to now. This is a PVE perspective

Beta: This was Templar for me. I didn't know much about the game like most people, and templar felt right at the time.

Full Release - 2017: Nightblade. Specifically, I liked mag nightblade using Swallow Soul at this time. It was very good for the first 3 years of the game or so, until it got nerfed around Marrowind's release. Which was when...

2017-U35: Templar. After the nerf to Swallow Soul, Templar was my main for a very long time. I had the character since the release of the game, and went back to it at this point. Was a lot of fun, easy rotation, good damage. But Zos changed the animation of Jabs, which made the skill feel terrible to use. Not to mention its nerf made it not even worth while to use, resulting in a templar meta where we use shards and rely on execute to deal damage. It's no longer fun to play, which brings me to..

U35-Present: Warden, then Arcanist on release. Love arcanist, it fills all the wants in a class I've been wanting to play. Very easy to pick up and put down. I'd probably be a Warden main if stam warden was in a better spot; maybe the next major update, with more bleed options, it'll be better. I didn't like Warden at first, but it grew on me into a solid secondary character I played often starting around the release of Elsweyr. But currently, arcanist is my go-to when I just want to run a dungeon or two. If the beam gets nerfed hard, the class will drop off for me like a sack of rocks and Warden will end up being my main. The beam is why I like Arcanist. It's a tough balancing act with that class; most of its damage comes from the beam by design, so it can't get nerfed too much... but it could, and until that happens, Arcanist is my main.
      Edited by merpins on 6 February 2024 20:44
      Options
    • Twohothardware
      Twohothardware
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Necro is I think is the most fun and visually appealing class in the game but also the one that by far needs the most attention right now to bring it's DPS up where Arcanist and DK are at.
      Options