Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What's your favorite ESO Class and Why?

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted DK, although I just started a new DK character... so we'll see. DK was my very first class back in 2015, but over time I just struggled with it, switched to Sorc, then found Templar and was Templar main for years... until it got so boring and repetitive that I couldn't take it anymore.

I tried Necromancer but it was too 'sweaty' and I hated racking up bounties all the time. I tried Warden several times, most recently created a new Frostden that was fun and uber powerful... but then for whatever reason my brain said, "Hm, you haven't tried DK in awhile, I heard they've gotten better." So alas, I created my new DK and intent to focus on StamDK since I like 2H Carve/Stampede combo. If push comes to shove, I'd also prefer to tank vs heal... and Imperial DK is perfect for that as well.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB because it make it feel so good to empty entire delves with blade of woe
  • JimFord047
    JimFord047
    ✭✭✭
    Its changed over the years, Originally it was the Dragon Knight, then all of a sudden I could not get any damage out of it, tried the night blade, Sorcerer, warden , necro, all of them and could not get any damage out of them at all. So ended up with the Templar as a heavy Tank / Healer. Damage not required!
    2 Updates ago, after 4 years of playing the templar, I tried the others again just for Nostalgia! And low and behold they actually All did damage again!

I dusted off the Dragon Knight, put it in Some DPS armour and went of to the dungeons, god I have had so much fun, just like old times. Best laugh was when someone asked me what my Sorc was running? Told them it was a Dragon knight, “Where’s all the damage coming from?”

But my Goto is still the Templar, in the Tank Setup but All Heals, it can stand it’s ground taking hit after hit to raise People in dungeons and trials , outbound damage is not a lot , but whilst playing alone a couple of moves on the CP’s and it does kill everything , just slowly , which is not a problem.

Not playing the game to be the best of anything, not interested in achievements or collecting bits of Tin, just enjoy playing the actual game.

Still working out a DPS setup for it though, since I Always took it for a Healer from Day One!

My Only Gripe about it, is it’s missing the “Chain” of the dragon Knight and you have to use the silver leash. But apart from that. More than happy with it overall
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc - All the coolest characters in pop culture when based on an element or magic type are almost always storm/lightning/wind based for me, so naturally I gravitated towards Sorc in ESO.
    • Sasuke Uchiha - Naruto
    • Kakashi Hatake - Naruto
    • Killua Zoldyck - Hunter X Hunter
    • Black Lightning - DC
    • The Flash - DC
    • Black Adam - DC
    • Thor - Marvel
    • Raiden - Mortal Kombat
    • Aang - Avatar, the Last Airbender
    • Zaheer - Avatar, the Legend of Korra
    Some qualities of these characters is almost always as follows:
    • High Movement Speed
    • High Attack Speed
    • High Critical Chance
    • Death by a Thousand Cuts
    • Glass Cannon
    • AOE
    ESO's version of a Storm based class encapsulates most of this with the skill designs being multi hit, direct damage, and skills like Hurricane, Surge, and Streak as pillars for me in visual style and function. However, the class feels a bit disjointed in places that I wish they would address in what I think are simple ways I've detailed below.

Shock/Physical power fantasy:
    • Move the 10% mag regen on Energized passive to Daedric Protection passive, then add increased status effect chance for Shock/Physical damage and/or something like "deal x Shock damage to 2 nearby enemies when proccing Concussed/Sundered."
    • Replace Magic damage sources for Shock/Physical (Frags, Curse, Mines, Rune Prison, Encase, Negate)
    • Rework Persistence passive. -15% cost reduction after blocking feels very unimaginative on a class with 2 cost reduction passives already.
    • Hybridize Minor Prophecy with Minor Savagery. This goes for all 4 original classes, give NBs and Templars something new to bring to the table. Give Necro something new since Major Vuln is weaker now.
    Major Prophecy/Savagery - Add it somewhere.
    • Could go to Bound Armaments, replace 8% stam and add +1% crit chance or 2% crit damage/healing per dagger.
    • Could go to Streak, like NB's Shadowy Disguise/Dark Cloak dynamic. Explained below:
      • Replace Major Expedition on Boundless Storm with Minor Expedition (coupled with below Lightning Form suggestions).
      • Add Major Expedition to Ball of Lightning on cast for 4s.
      • Add Major Prophecy/Savagery to Streak for slotting.

Storm Calling:
    Lightning Form Morphs
    • Make our characters visible instead of invisible.
    • Increase base aoe radius from 5m to 7m to match new melee range. Hurricane can go from 7m->8m->9m instead of 5m->7m->9m.
    • Increase tick frequency from 2s to 1s. Why did you change this!?
    • If keeping Major Expedition on Boundless Storm, replace "on cast for 4s" with "when taking direct aoe damage for 4s".
    Surge Morphs
    • Extend duration of Critical Surge from 33s to 60s. Buff HP return a bit to keep up with CP 2.0 (2021) and hybridization (2022). Last change to this skill was +10% (2019) 5 years ago.
    • Reduce duration of Power Surge from 33s to 30s. Reduce cooldown from 3s to 2s. This better lines up with tick frequency standards.
    Lightning Splash Morphs
    • Add higher concussed chance as a unique effect, possibly remove this bonus from Unstable Familiar.
    • Add direct damage on cast to provide an aoe spammable (eg. Templar Shards/DK Ash Cloud), reduce dot damage significantly to compensate the 2 changes.
    Mages Fury Morphs
    • Bump up Mages Wrath from 20% to 25% HP standard, buff by small 5-10% amount.
    • Convert Endless Fury into a traditional execute scaling from 50% HP like Executioner/Radiant Oppression/Killers Blade.
    Overload Morphs
    • These morphs are way too similar, Stam Sorc has no thematic ult. Example: Light attacks become mini gap closers instead of projectiles and heavy attacks become a ground slam.

Daedric Summoning:
    Twilight Tormentor
    • Rework, the +60% damage above 50% HP, it's not engaging or worth the cast in combat.
    Daedric Curse Morphs
    • Reduce pet damage on Daedric Prey to 20-30%, but add Empower.
    • Add +5-10% monster damage dealt to Haunting Curse. Buffs non pet Sorc without touching pvp performance. Makes the morphs highlight the pet vs no pet dynamic better.

Dark Magic:
    Crystal Weapon
    • Replace unique 1k penetration with guaranteed Sundered on first/second hit. The 1k is tiny, Sundered would support Sorcs power fantasy better as the Storm mage of the game.
    Shattering Spines
    • Make the damage instant and/or scale based on armor or max HP. Damage dealers do not need more delayed burst, nor would they rely on this as an aoe spammable. See the suggestion for Lightning Splash as to where we could introduce an aoe spammable.
    • Do the above or consider a synergy in its place, much more useful for support roles.
    Rune Prison morphs
    • Both of these skills are terribly niche and redundant, no class needs 3 dedicated stuns (Streak, Rune Cage, Defensive Rune). Streak is our bread and butter, so obviously these are the outliers that should change.

Edited by MashmalloMan on 13 March 2024 01:13
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit