The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

2023 Change to Zeal of Zenithar Event (please consider)

mielyn
mielyn
✭✭✭
Hi,

I don't post here often, so I imagine my voice may be small compared to some others. I just wanted to give my feedback about a change you are making to the Zeal of Zenithar event this year.

The change I'm referring to specifically is:

"Altered for 2023: Completing a basic daily crafting writ – once per day per account.
Altered for 2023: Completing a Master writ – once per day per account, per crafting discipline (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothier, Jewelrycrafting, Alchemy, Provisioning, and Enchanting)."

Last year, when this new event was introduced, you were able to complete multiple writ quests each day, with special rewards each time you completed one. Now, you are stripping this away, making it possible to earn a very limited amount of rewards by comparison.

Here's the thing: After the success and excitement of last year's event, I decided to start saving up my Master Crafting writs. I have literally spent the entire year carefully storing these aside. I even purchased ADDITIONAL character slots just to have a bit more space to store these writs. But with this one (seemingly "minor") change, you are basically making this hard work I have put in over the past year practically void. You see, last year, I was able to sell my accrued Master Writs on vendors. And, frankly, they sold very well. But with this change, I can already tell you with certainty that-- while they still may sell slightly better than usual-- my sales are not going to be anywhere near where they should be, had you not introduced this new "nerf" to this event.

Please consider the following:

Completing basic daily crafting writs - Once per day per account, per crafting discipline.
Completing a Master writ - Revert this back to how it was last year, where no matter how many of these you complete, you are rewarded with an event box.

I honestly see no good reason why you would make this change go live. The Master Writs are challenging to complete as they require a lot of farming of Motifs to be able to complete them successfully. They are also (potentially) rather expensive to do. True, you are rewarded with Writ Tokens. But that's the same all year around, with no limit. The addition of an event reward for completing your Master Writs had a TON of people out crafting, turning these rewards in. In short, it was lot of fun for everyone. It also encouraged people to do Master Writs where they normally wouldn't. Heck, look at the completion of BLUE MASTER JEWELRY WRITS from last year. I am 100% certain you will see a NIGHT AND DAY difference in people doing these quests. Normally, people just discard the blue jewelry writs as they are extremely expensive.

I hope enough others have this same concern that you may take these comments to heart, and consider undoing this proposed change. Otherwise, as I said, a lot of hard work I have put into saving these up this past year is all for nought.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, huge bummer :(
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a massive disappointment. Zenithar is supposed to be about hard work.
    This substantially diminishes the reward for actually doing the work that the event is supposed to be focusing on.
    Really kills a huge part of my interest in the event.
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is essentially limited to 5 master writs per day as I rarely do the provisioning and never do the jewellery crafting writs. I won't bother to save my master writs then if I can only do one per type. Maybe I'll save about a weeks worth closer to the event as we still have 2 X whitestrakes first.
    Edited by seecodenotgames on 1 May 2023 23:23
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I concur. This is an absolutely awful change. Sucked a ton of the excitement out of the event.

Anniversary event is the time to grind dailies, ZoZ was the time to grind master writs. Why remove that? It is the primary reason the event was cool.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been saving mine as well, but am not surprised.

Seems to be the way if things these days.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenithars turned out to be my favorite event. At this time I was about to build a guild house and was in need of a lot of writ vouchers. So had a lot master writs saved and the event came very handy.

At the end I completed around 3.000 master writs and therefore around 3.000 event boxes.

I've enjoyed it a lot, but I can also understand that they balance this out to be somewhat on par with other events and its rewards.

It would be a better solution to just create gold boxes, which you can obtain for each type of master writ and more "trashy" boxes for each following master writ.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NGL, this change was a downer.

I don't understand the need for it either and I hope they don't have something similar planned for the 10th Anniversary next year (limit to just one round of writs per account yielding anniversary boxes as a treat).
  • skyrimfantasy
    skyrimfantasy
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping to be able to buy more houses at discounted price for gold but I don't see that we'll get that either nm, i can't read, it's there
    Edited by skyrimfantasy on 1 May 2023 20:01
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible change that sucks excitement out of what was a fun new event.

Events are becoming less and less fun.

Sounds like this will become another one now where I tune out and just do the bare minimum.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Terrible change that sucks excitement out of what was a fun new event.

Events are becoming less and less fun.

Sounds like this will become another one now where I tune out and just do the bare minimum.

I guess 'fun' is not something they can quantify where 'engagement' is something they can track and break down.

They probably looked at last years numbers and they didn't align with their objectives and expectations.
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They might as well scrap the event as a whole then. Because again ZOS decides against customers and just for more grind.
  • dosco
    dosco
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's fine, the issue with the master writs was that it was unlimited. Like someone said, 3000 boxes last year, wow... Daily Crafting writs (regarding Jubilee) are limited to 7 per day per toon, which still generates a lot, all other farm methods are kinda limited by the time factor. Master writs are super fast, and, well, were pretty much unlimited.
  • jrmwvu04
    jrmwvu04
    ✭✭
    Zenithars turned out to be my favorite event. At this time I was about to build a guild house and was in need of a lot of writ vouchers. So had a lot master writs saved and the event came very handy.

At the end I completed around 3.000 master writs and therefore around 3.000 event boxes.

I've enjoyed it a lot, but I can also understand that they balance this out to be somewhat on par with other events and its rewards.

It would be a better solution to just create gold boxes, which you can obtain for each type of master writ and more "trashy" boxes for each following master writ.

I think that probably makes the most sense to me. I don’t have any trouble imagining that the rewards from last year needed a tweak of some kind (the supply of iridium plating was noticeably impacted), but capping to one a day feels like not the best solution. It takes a lot of play time incentive out of the equation because you’ll do a set of master writs in five minutes and then that’s it till tomorrow.

Yeah I know there’s other stuff to do but crafters wanna craft, not go stand in line at world bosses.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's way better this way because we have no incentive to hoard dozens or hundreds of sealed master writs. It would be nice if they gave us 2+ boxes for doing a master writ once per day in exchange, but this seems like a great QoL change. I'm about to get a lot of bank space back.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dosco wrote: »
    I think it's fine, the issue with the master writs was that it was unlimited. Like someone said, 3000 boxes last year, wow... Daily Crafting writs (regarding Jubilee) are limited to 7 per day per toon, which still generates a lot, all other farm methods are kinda limited by the time factor. Master writs are super fast, and, well, were pretty much unlimited.

Master Writs are definitely not unlimited.

There is a finite number of MWs generated per character that can do daily writs at max level, and a significant number of them (99.9% of gold Jewellery/Clothing, all Purple Jewellery, 20-40% of Blue Jewellery, all Provisioning that require Roe and at least one of the blue Orzorga ones , all Enchanting that require Hakeijo) makes no financial sense to craft and are straight to the trash.

They are definitely not unlimited, neither in terms of how many one can source nor in how many one can realistically craft and hand in.

• maxxiestackhouse
    maxxiestackhouse
    ✭✭✭
    mielyn wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't post here often, so I imagine my voice may be small compared to some others. I just wanted to give my feedback about a change you are making to the Zeal of Zenithar event this year.

The change I'm referring to specifically is:

"Altered for 2023: Completing a basic daily crafting writ – once per day per account.
    Altered for 2023: Completing a Master writ – once per day per account, per crafting discipline (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothier, Jewelrycrafting, Alchemy, Provisioning, and Enchanting)."

Last year, when this new event was introduced, you were able to complete multiple writ quests each day, with special rewards each time you completed one. Now, you are stripping this away, making it possible to earn a very limited amount of rewards by comparison.

Here's the thing: After the success and excitement of last year's event, I decided to start saving up my Master Crafting writs. I have literally spent the entire year carefully storing these aside. I even purchased ADDITIONAL character slots just to have a bit more space to store these writs. But with this one (seemingly "minor") change, you are basically making this hard work I have put in over the past year practically void. You see, last year, I was able to sell my accrued Master Writs on vendors. And, frankly, they sold very well. But with this change, I can already tell you with certainty that-- while they still may sell slightly better than usual-- my sales are not going to be anywhere near where they should be, had you not introduced this new "nerf" to this event.

Please consider the following:

Completing basic daily crafting writs - Once per day per account, per crafting discipline.
    Completing a Master writ - Revert this back to how it was last year, where no matter how many of these you complete, you are rewarded with an event box.

I honestly see no good reason why you would make this change go live. The Master Writs are challenging to complete as they require a lot of farming of Motifs to be able to complete them successfully. They are also (potentially) rather expensive to do. True, you are rewarded with Writ Tokens. But that's the same all year around, with no limit. The addition of an event reward for completing your Master Writs had a TON of people out crafting, turning these rewards in. In short, it was lot of fun for everyone. It also encouraged people to do Master Writs where they normally wouldn't. Heck, look at the completion of BLUE MASTER JEWELRY WRITS from last year. I am 100% certain you will see a NIGHT AND DAY difference in people doing these quests. Normally, people just discard the blue jewelry writs as they are extremely expensive.

I hope enough others have this same concern that you may take these comments to heart, and consider undoing this proposed change. Otherwise, as I said, a lot of hard work I have put into saving these up this past year is all for nought.

100% with this. ZoZ will now be downgraded to a bare minimum event. This change is terrible and I am also like a lot of you and have hoarded Master Writs so I can have fun with this event. If this goes live a lot of players will just bare minimum and move on. We don’t need another event where we all line up for World Bosses. I mean how many laps of Deshaan WB’s can we do in a year?

Despite this having the ability to hoard and do as many Master Writs as you can really does incentivise new players to research hunt motifs and be able to join all the others in doing Master Writs…. And you know building a community and having fun….

Paws crossed this doesn’t go live.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having read all these comments, I have decided the ZoZ is something I will skip.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, they can definitely measure fun on their spreadsheets, otherwise they would not be able to nerf it so consistently.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Huge nerf for the event. I’ll still do it but now it’s just another regular event. Oh well, now I know I’ll only need to save up around 13 master writs of each type for the event (assuming it runs 13 days like most). Will spare me the trouble of maxing out all my alts’ storage leading up to the event.
    Edited by BergisMacBride on 1 May 2023 23:09
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still carrying stolen group repair kits and research scrolls on several characters that can't be laundered. Any chance you guys are going to fix it this time?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • mielyn
    mielyn
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    I'm still carrying stolen group repair kits and research scrolls on several characters that can't be laundered. Any chance you guys are going to fix it this time?

Umm, try using a different thread bro. This one is specifically about the Zenithar event changes.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mielyn wrote: »
    Jaraal wrote: »

Umm, try using a different thread bro. This one is specifically about the Zenithar event changes.

Where do you imagine I got the ones I have?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/609832/cannot-launder-certain-items-from-the-stolen-zenithar-boxes
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenithar is supposed to be about hard work.

a daily crafting writ qualifies as hard work????
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • PrincessOfThieves
    PrincessOfThieves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just disappointing.
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly this change kills all the fun that this event had to offer. Those rewards in boxes arent great anyway, so I dont get it why they nerfed it.
  • Feowyn13
    Feowyn13
    ✭✭✭
    Where has the Zeal of Zenithar event been announced for this year? I can't find it!

If they're really planning on nerfing the amount of daily and master writs you'll get a reward for they're going to lose a lot of eso+ subbers and interaction. I took out multiple subs this year purely so I could store the hoard of Master writs I've accumulated over the year specifically for this event..
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feowyn13 wrote: »
    Where has the Zeal of Zenithar event been announced for this year? I can't find it!

If they're really planning on nerfing the amount of daily and master writs you'll get a reward for they're going to lose a lot of eso+ subbers and interaction. I took out multiple subs this year purely so I could store the hoard of Master writs I've accumulated over the year specifically for this event..

The info is in the latest pts patch notes about the changes to the event
    Soupy twist
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rip zenithar event
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with less low effort sources more gold can be made for longer...

i usually revert to "min effort for tix" mode once new item prices have crashed..
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just wanted to follow up here to note the events team is watching this thread for feedback. So please provide your constructive feedback in the thread for their consideration. If if the events team any additional updates or questions, we'll let you know.
    Feowyn13 wrote: »

The event has not been announced yet. This is preparation for the event later this year. Stay tuned on our social accounts and here on the forum for updates there.

Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post