The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

2023 Change to Zeal of Zenithar Event (please consider)

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BahometZ wrote: »
    So what repeatable means are there of getting coffers for this event after this change? Does this mean there's no farming opportunity? Which is the linchpin of any event.

Forced to grind world bosses with guildmates, I guess.

Not a problem for me, as I'll be "stealing from hard working citizens" anyway, so the purple boxes will be a bonus.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So did ZOS roll back their changes? Or is it the usual "we inform you but ain't changing it again" here?
  • Traxxar
    Traxxar
    ✭✭
    Any updates on this? The current changes by ZOS just butcher the event.
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...One suggestion I would like to see made is the price of items from Rolis Hlaalu using writ vouchers to be decreased as well. If items using alliance points is decreased, why not vouchers or telvar coffers?

Just a thought.

Tel var purchases were definitely discounted last year, and as far as I know, will be again.

I don't believe Rolis Hlaalu had discounts available for writ vouchers, though. Yes, that would be nice.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Any updates from the devs on this?

Many of us would like to know well in advance (hopefully much earlier than the event announcement 1 week prior) so we know how many writs to save up. I already have 13 or each type stored on an alt and would like to know if that’s the limit or if I need to save more.
  • jrmwvu04
    jrmwvu04
    ✭✭
    Been hoarding master writs for a year. Annoyed that I'm finding out now. Change makes sense - last year I did 800 writs in the first 20 hours and dumped the loot onto the market. That was fun for me. Maybe other grinding dolmen with guildies didn't think so. Just really wish ZOS had said something sooner I could have done the writs and converted the tickets to tables back during Jubilee.

To me that is the long and short of it. In a way I actually appreciate the removal of the incentive to hoard your writs for the event, because there’s a benefit to just doing them over a longer period of time instead. The issue is the timing of the change - it’s natural to feel a little shafted when you have already put in effort to do something and then find out after the fact that you’re not getting what precedent said you would. The time to tell me that there was no reason to store writs for a year was a year ago when I started, not now.

Make the change, but do it for next year.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reasons to be happy about the change to not give a box for every master writ:

1. Mat prices won't skyrocket (especially after a chapter release)
    2. More inventory space because we can stop saving writs for 1 yearly event
    3. We can earn writ vouchers anytime without losing out

If you see it as "fewer rewards" it might seem bad, but I see it as "less work and better economy"
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • DoofusMax
    DoofusMax
    ✭✭✭
    I'll concur with the idea that this is a change that really bites. The addition of the reward coffer makes it a bit more desirable to do writs that would normally be trash because the cost-to-reward ratio is horrid (can you say, "jewelry writs on PC?"). This basically makes holding onto those is just a waste of storage space. Color me not a fan of the idea.
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rewards last year from doing master writs weren't even worth it IMO.

2000+ master writs done and I didn't get much of value.
    So much companion gear though.
    174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mielyn wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't post here often, so I imagine my voice may be small compared to some others. I just wanted to give my feedback about a change you are making to the Zeal of Zenithar event this year.

The change I'm referring to specifically is:

"Altered for 2023: Completing a basic daily crafting writ – once per day per account.
    Altered for 2023: Completing a Master writ – once per day per account, per crafting discipline (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothier, Jewelrycrafting, Alchemy, Provisioning, and Enchanting)."

Last year, when this new event was introduced, you were able to complete multiple writ quests each day, with special rewards each time you completed one. Now, you are stripping this away, making it possible to earn a very limited amount of rewards by comparison.

Here's the thing: After the success and excitement of last year's event, I decided to start saving up my Master Crafting writs. I have literally spent the entire year carefully storing these aside. I even purchased ADDITIONAL character slots just to have a bit more space to store these writs. But with this one (seemingly "minor") change, you are basically making this hard work I have put in over the past year practically void. You see, last year, I was able to sell my accrued Master Writs on vendors. And, frankly, they sold very well. But with this change, I can already tell you with certainty that-- while they still may sell slightly better than usual-- my sales are not going to be anywhere near where they should be, had you not introduced this new "nerf" to this event.

Please consider the following:

Completing basic daily crafting writs - Once per day per account, per crafting discipline.
    Completing a Master writ - Revert this back to how it was last year, where no matter how many of these you complete, you are rewarded with an event box.

I honestly see no good reason why you would make this change go live. The Master Writs are challenging to complete as they require a lot of farming of Motifs to be able to complete them successfully. They are also (potentially) rather expensive to do. True, you are rewarded with Writ Tokens. But that's the same all year around, with no limit. The addition of an event reward for completing your Master Writs had a TON of people out crafting, turning these rewards in. In short, it was lot of fun for everyone. It also encouraged people to do Master Writs where they normally wouldn't. Heck, look at the completion of BLUE MASTER JEWELRY WRITS from last year. I am 100% certain you will see a NIGHT AND DAY difference in people doing these quests. Normally, people just discard the blue jewelry writs as they are extremely expensive.

I hope enough others have this same concern that you may take these comments to heart, and consider undoing this proposed change. Otherwise, as I said, a lot of hard work I have put into saving these up this past year is all for nought.

"Altered for 2023: Completing a basic daily crafting writ – once per day per account.
    Altered for 2023: Completing a Master writ – once per day per account, per crafting discipline (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothier, Jewelrycrafting, Alchemy, Provisioning, and Enchanting)."

Could you give the source of this info ?
    A link would be great !

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't post here often, so I imagine my voice may be small compared to some others. I just wanted to give my feedback about a change you are making to the Zeal of Zenithar event this year.

Last year, when this new event was introduced, you were able to complete multiple writ quests each day, with special rewards each time you completed one. Now, you are stripping this away, making it possible to earn a very limited amount of rewards by comparison.

Here's the thing: After the success and excitement of last year's event, I decided to start saving up my Master Crafting writs. I have literally spent the entire year carefully storing these aside. I even purchased ADDITIONAL character slots just to have a bit more space to store these writs. But with this one (seemingly "minor") change, you are basically making this hard work I have put in over the past year practically void. You see, last year, I was able to sell my accrued Master Writs on vendors. And, frankly, they sold very well. But with this change, I can already tell you with certainty that-- while they still may sell slightly better than usual-- my sales are not going to be anywhere near where they should be, had you not introduced this new "nerf" to this event.

Completing basic daily crafting writs - Once per day per account, per crafting discipline.
    Completing a Master writ - Revert this back to how it was last year, where no matter how many of these you complete, you are rewarded with an event box.

I honestly see no good reason why you would make this change go live. The Master Writs are challenging to complete as they require a lot of farming of Motifs to be able to complete them successfully. They are also (potentially) rather expensive to do. True, you are rewarded with Writ Tokens. But that's the same all year around, with no limit. The addition of an event reward for completing your Master Writs had a TON of people out crafting, turning these rewards in. In short, it was lot of fun for everyone. It also encouraged people to do Master Writs where they normally wouldn't. Heck, look at the completion of BLUE MASTER JEWELRY WRITS from last year. I am 100% certain you will see a NIGHT AND DAY difference in people doing these quests. Normally, people just discard the blue jewelry writs as they are extremely expensive.

I hope enough others have this same concern that you may take these comments to heart, and consider undoing this proposed change. Otherwise, as I said, a lot of hard work I have put into saving these up this past year is all for nought.

A link would be great !

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/632766/pts-patch-notes-v9-0-2#latest
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Hi,

A link would be great !

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/632766/pts-patch-notes-v9-0-2#latest

Thanks for the link :)
    It got a separate paragraph and was not in the usual Event chapter of the patch notes.
    I missed it when looking myself :(

So yeah that paragraph starts with:
    Event Testing – Zeal of Zenithar
    Your hard work is rewarded during Zenithar’s holy festival!

And yet the real hard grinding work is removed from the event. It's now more doing a lot of combat if you want many boxes.
    Would Zenithar agree ?

What I really don't understand is that ZOS goes from unlimited to close to zero.

Why not like in Whitestrake with max 60 daily Cyro quests per character per day, is there is not a cap of at least 60 boxes from master writs per character per day ?

Edited by hrothbern on 27 June 2023 03:22
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Hi,

A link would be great !

Thanks for the link :)
    It got a separate paragraph and was not in the usual Event chapter of the patch notes.
    I missed it when looking myself :(

So yeah that paragraph starts with:
    Event Testing – Zeal of Zenithar
    Your hard work is rewarded during Zenithar’s holy festival!

And yet the real hard grinding work is removed from the event. It's now more doing a lot of combat if you want many boxes.
    Would Zenithar agree ?

What I really don't understand is that ZOS goes from unlimited to close to zero.

Why not like in Whitestrake with max 60 daily Cyro quests per character per day, is there is not a cap of at least 60 boxes from master writs per character per day ?

i don't know anything about max 60 daily cyrodiil quests, the maximum amount of daily quests you can do in a day with a character is 50 i believe.

master writs aren't daily quests though.

the change to zeal of zenithar is a big change but it has made me stop saving master writs for the event which is nice.

though it was nice to get unlimited event rewards from master writs as long as i had master writs, zos maybe didn't want zeal of zenithar to be zeal of master writs which it seems to be what a lot of players
    see the event as due to the first one.

i think that the combat activities that give event rewards like killing worldbosses is something zenithar would agree with, it's hard work and it's supposed to protect the people of tamriel.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    I 100% agree the changes must be made. Why? Because there has to be a LIMIT. As a coder, I have seen servers get bogged down because there are just too many people out there that enjoy taking advantage of situations, and it can cause problems.

Now, I am NOT making an accusation here saying that any of you are trying to take advantage of something, so please keep all self-righteous comments to yourselves because I will not be bothering to respond to them, BUT...

There are people out there that DO take advantage of things like this. If there are no limits, it can cause problems for the coders like bogging down servers. So KEEP the changes in place, ZOS. As is the changes still let you craft multiple master writs a day anyway, which brings Zenithar in line with other events throughout the year. It is not like it is limiting you to only a single master writ a day.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberDiva wrote: »
    I 100% agree the changes must be made. Why? Because there has to be a LIMIT.

I 100% disagree the changes must be made.
    @CyberDiva, i can roam world bosses with my guildmates, there is NO limit, other than competition
    i can place stricter JunkBuster addon rules to autodestroy all the stolen treasures (of any rarity, except purple) weapons, armor, style stones, and provisioning ingredients. Thus i will not run out of my bag space and fencing limitations, as only reward boxes will be kept, so, again, NO limits
    Why to oppress the crafters during the event dedicated to them crafters?
    In this case it should be renamed into Thieves & Warriors event, as crafting brings way less reward boxes than killing and stealing.

The declared changes make "crafting and hard working" Event an oxymoron, don't they?
    @ZOS_Kevin
    PC EU
  • Coerfroid
    Coerfroid
    ✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »

@CyberDiva, i can roam world bosses with my guildmates, there is NO limit, other than competition
    i can place stricter JunkBuster addon rules to autodestroy all the stolen treasures (of any rarity, except purple) weapons, armor, style stones, and provisioning ingredients. Thus i will not run out of my bag space and fencing limitations, as only reward boxes will be kept, so, again, NO limits
    In this case it should be renamed into Thieves & Warriors event, as crafting brings way less reward boxes than killing and stealing.

The declared changes make "crafting and hard working" Event an oxymoron, don't they?
    @ZOS_Kevin

I hate to be the devils advocat here, but farming world bosses does not really compare to doint master writs in terms of time invested. Master writs can be completed in less than a minute if at a guild hall with all stations and writ crafter addon active.
    60 writs an hour no problem.
    You can kill one boss in less than a minute, but you cannot kill 60 bosses an hour. Even with an organized network of spies at spawn sites, you need to actually reach a boss before you can kill it. So it's certainly not "no limit".

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more emphasis on crafting and I'd love to see an opprtunity for crafters to earn more than eight boxes with crafting per day. But not thousands.
    The impact on the economy would just be too hard. A limit is justified, but they should consider to lift it a bit, like
    - one crafting daily per character per day
    - one master writ per character per trade per day
    That's a max of eight per character, but I really doubt that players have 20 master crafters. ZoS might find a more fitting way to tweak the numbers, so that putting work into crafting will carry it's rewards without wrecking havoc to the economy.

I have yet another suggestion for a rather "zenitharian" way to earn rewards. Award a crate for an appropriate donation of gold (the fruit of hard work in Zenithars eyes) to the shrine. 5k gold for one crate is an amount even beginning players might come up with. Donate 10k for a second crate, 20k for the third and so on. Earning eight crates per day this way would cost 1.275 million for those who can really afford it (and are crazy enough to burn that much). Find your pesonal sweet spot of amount you are willing to burn. Gives a couple of extra crates AND the gold sink we all have been asking for years. Imagine billions of gold just vanishing out of the system, effectively putting a stop to inflation. Needless to say, it does not have to stop at eight crates, as you can spend 2.5mil for crate no. nine, five mil for number ten and so on. Just an idea to work on.

• pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take an event that pretty much everyone finds fun, then nerf it. I am beginning to think Zos really hate their player-base. 'Fun for players' does not seem to be part of their game plan. In fact they appear to be doing everything possible to annoy players.
    Games should be fun? Bah!

This event has been in for a while now. There was nothing wrong with it, in previous years, but this year there is? Are you saying you were wrong before, and it has taken this long to 'balance' the event, or was it the need to nerf something as you can't touch the Arcanist yet.

Yes, looking forwards to all the previous Arcanist internal and QA testing, and the months of player testing, meaning nothing and they then deciding that the Arcanists needs changing. Why? Because a month without a nerf is a bad month for ZoS.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pklemming wrote: »
    Take an event that pretty much everyone finds fun, then nerf it. I am beginning to think Zos really hate their player-base. 'Fun for players' does not seem to be part of their game plan. In fact they appear to be doing everything possible to annoy players.
    Games should be fun? Bah!

This event has been in for a while now. There was nothing wrong with it, in previous years, but this year there is? Are you saying you were wrong before, and it has taken this long to 'balance' the event, or was it the need to nerf something as you can't touch the Arcanist yet.

Yes, looking forwards to all the previous Arcanist internal and QA testing, and the months of player testing, meaning nothing and they then deciding that the Arcanists needs changing. Why? Because a month without a nerf is a bad month for ZoS.

what do you mean previous years??
    it was introduced last year in 2022 this will be the second ever Zeal of Zenithar.
    Edited by LunaFlora on 4 July 2023 06:36

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    Coerfroid wrote: »
    "... farming world bosses does not really compare to doint master writs in terms of time invested. Master writs can be completed in less than a minute if at a guild hall with all stations and writ crafter addon active.

You can kill one boss in less than a minute, but you cannot kill 60 bosses an hour..."

Yep.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »

@ZOS_Kevin

I hate to be the devils advocat here, but farming world bosses does not really compare to doint master writs in terms of time invested. Master writs can be completed in less than a minute if at a guild hall with all stations and writ crafter addon active.
    You can kill one boss in less than a minute, but you cannot kill 60 bosses an hour. Even with an organized network of spies at spawn sites, you need to actually reach a boss before you can kill it. So it's certainly not "no limit".

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more emphasis on crafting and I'd love to see an opprtunity for crafters to earn more than eight boxes with crafting per day. But not thousands.
    The impact on the economy would just be too hard. A limit is justified, but they should consider to lift it a bit, like
    - one crafting daily per character per day
    - one master writ per character per trade per day
    That's a max of eight per character, but I really doubt that players have 20 master crafters. ZoS might find a more fitting way to tweak the numbers, so that putting work into crafting will carry it's rewards without wrecking havoc to the economy.

I have yet another suggestion for a rather "zenitharian" way to earn rewards. Award a crate for an appropriate donation of gold (the fruit of hard work in Zenithars eyes) to the shrine. 5k gold for one crate is an amount even beginning players might come up with. Donate 10k for a second crate, 20k for the third and so on. Earning eight crates per day this way would cost 1.275 million for those who can really afford it (and are crazy enough to burn that much). Find your pesonal sweet spot of amount you are willing to burn. Gives a couple of extra crates AND the gold sink we all have been asking for years. Imagine billions of gold just vanishing out of the system, effectively putting a stop to inflation. Needless to say, it does not have to stop at eight crates, as you can spend 2.5mil for crate no. nine, five mil for number ten and so on. Just an idea to work on.

You're not a devil's advocate, you just don't like the idea that crafters can have more rewards, it's personal opinion and has nothing to do with game performance and such.

If someone have prepared for this event for months then he deserves to get more rewards, that's simple, nobody stopped you or anyone else from preparing.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Prymor
    Prymor
    Soul Shriven
    It's not fair and is unethical that the developers now change the master writs quest rewards from unlimited to 7 a day.

They implemented unlimited in the first place. If they notice that was a mistake, then they should have given some feedback immediately after the event was over, not a year later.

Doing this change now, at the very least ESO should implement it 2 phases. For the upcoming event ESO significantly increase the daily limit and at the same time alert their clients that in future events, this limit can be even further reduced.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Prymor wrote: »
    It's not fair and is unethical that the developers now change the master writs quest rewards from unlimited to 7 a day.

They implemented unlimited in the first place. If they notice that was a mistake, then they should have given some feedback immediately after the event was over, not a year later.

Doing this change now, at the very least ESO should implement it 2 phases. For the upcoming event ESO significantly increase the daily limit and at the same time alert their clients that in future events, this limit can be even further reduced.

how exactly is it unethical?

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    They notified us of the change for -this- year, which they did not even have to do. No company is required to do so, in fact. So.... How is this unethical?

Check out the Terms of Service, if you will.

6. Availability of Services and Content; Game Maintenance, Patches, Updates; Termination of Services

ZeniMax does not guarantee that any Services will be accessible or available at all times, in all countries and/or all geographic locations, at any given time, or that ZeniMax will continue to offer any particular Services for any particular length of time. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax reserves the right to change and/or update Content without notice to You.
    Edited by CyberDiva on 11 July 2023 16:53
  • stadler_tamas
    stadler_tamas
    Soul Shriven

"writs can be made less than a minute"
    And do you know where those writs come from? They are not manifesting themselves out of the thin air, you know.

We have to craft with every single character, every day of the year to collect the amount that we can burn in "less than a minute" per writ. (Making those daily crafting quests with all my 14 characters takes about 45-60 minutes PER DAY, depending on if I HAVE ESO+ (craft bag), which I have to pay for with real life currency you know, and time is money. I had to work in real life for it.)

We also had to collect a huge amount of mats / resources to be able to craft those writs "in a minute". Not to mention the motifs, which we buy for gold or we earn them with time consuming activities. Gold is also earned with time consuming activities. (If you didn't know.)

We also had to store those writs on our characters (bank was already full), which means A LOT of micro managing every single day, on every character, where the duration can also be measured in minutes per character per day. Which you can multiply with 365 to get the time we spend with it in a year.

And we did it all year long, just to earn some parcels with mediocre rewards ONCE per year, and now you tell us wisely, that is not work what we have done.

We should standing instead staring at other players' boring emotes while waiting 5-10 minutes long for a 3 seconds "fight" against a World boss.
    That is work! Okay. No other questions for you today.
  • griddlebone
    griddlebone
    Soul Shriven
    This proposed change makes me very sad, I was really looking forward to ZoZ as I don't enjoy pvp and pretty much skipped the last 2 events.
  • antihero_kazuma
    I skipped the last 2 events as well. I abhor anything PVP related. I love crafting, doing writs, even helping newbies and giving them free gear. ZoZ was one of my favorites events right next to Jubilee and undaunted.

For people who prepared with writs throughout the year, it is basically gutted and only a hollow shell of it's former self should ZOS continue to follow it's path.
    Edited by antihero_kazuma on 19 July 2023 03:25
  • demonology89
    demonology89
    ✭✭✭
    Truly unfortunate the one event that heavily rewarded crafters has been gutted. I've been sitting on a lot of master writs excitingly waiting for this event. Now I'm just sad.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just learned of this change to ZoZ now...
    What an absolutely awful change??

I LOVED this event last year, the daily was kinda fun and easy to do and the multiple rewards for crafting writs was AMAZING.

It was a fun and low-stress way to earn some neat rewards AND XP. Which is a huge benefit to low and high level characters.

For low level characters, especially on new accounts it was a great way to start building up crafting materials and other goodies. Which if we all remember is kind of a slog when you're starting out.

For high-level characters the master writ XP multiple times is a GREAT way to earn more CP considering how slowly they come as the XP to earn one CP climbs higher and higher in end game.

Also, if this change was thought to bring more "balance" because multiple rewards like last year seemed OP? please think about that for a moment.

You spend a LOT of valuable resources the more master writs you do, it's def NOT cheap to earn the rewards from multiple master writs! And that is after tossing out the master writs that require you to burn expensive materials like dawn-prisms, hakeijo, any Legendary mats or jewelry plating above Superior, etc

@ZOS_Kevin I really hope the events team is still reading through this thread and will reconsider the change to the event.
    Please leave it like last year, it was FUN, rewarding and didn't feel stressful or grindy. Just nice rewards for putting in a little work :)
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's a question: why can we not simply have a limit on the master writs comparable to the limit we see during Anniversary Jubilee? How is spamming master writs any different than spamming crafting dailies on multiple toons and spamming Cyrodiil town quests for Jubilee boxes?

I believe that has some kind of cap based on how many daily quests you can turn in daily (something like 50 or 75, I think)? So, just limit the daily master writs to that same number. That way, crafters can still be rewarded for crafting but not something wild like 300 master writs in a day or whatever it was that got cited earlier.

Why are we going from such an extreme of 300 to such a low limit of of7? Why no meeting in the middle of some kind?
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Tenthirty2 wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin I really hope the events team is still reading through this thread and will reconsider the change to the event.
    Please leave it like last year, it was FUN, rewarding and didn't feel stressful or grindy. Just nice rewards for putting in a little work :)

The team always reviews feedback and we (the community team) also pass that feedback on as well. Any changes to Zeal of Zenithar for this year are pretty much set in stone. However, we will voice this feedback for the team for their future consideration.

Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 20 July 2023 18:38
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post