The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The all-in-one attuneable crafting station teased will be comprised of 4 crafting tables.

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news for all the guild houses out there, and this will also make it possible to use smaller houses for guild halls as well.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i hope it will be possible to connect old (pre-release) stations to new all-in-one. but as I remember there were cases when ZOS released non backward compatible stuff:
    - with Summerset chapter it was impossible to research/improve jewelry that was obtained before Summerset release
    - when perfected arena weapons were released, all existing weapons didn't get perfected version (despite the fact that they were obtained from veteran arenas)

No we can still use it as research. I still have some pre summer jewelery on different characters that eventually I just don't like.

Also this was done so we wouldn't crash the jewelery market on day 1.
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on 13 April 2023 13:22
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SgtWinnie wrote: »
    Hope writworthy has no problems with this new setup.

Good news otherwise.

Somebody will fix it if it does... I hope.

But I have the same concern!
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    So, if I’ve understood this correctly…the 4 “all-in-one” crafting stations will have your set tables feed into them.

BUT surely that means you will still need to have you attuned set tables somewhere so they can feed in.

I guess that means:
    - Notable House #1 contains only attuned set tables
    - House #2 contains all-in-one tables

So you’ll still need to keep the individual tables in a house somewhere..can’t bank or storage chest them as they’d take up a slot per table as they don’t stack.

Of course, this also means it’s easier to add more sets in the future (attune individual tables as we currently do and place them in your feeder house).
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grendalism wrote: »
    So, if I’ve understood this correctly…the 4 “all-in-one” crafting stations will have your set tables feed into them.

BUT surely that means you will still need to have you attuned set tables somewhere so they can feed in.

I guess that means:

So you’ll still need to keep the individual tables in a house somewhere..can’t bank or storage chest them as they’d take up a slot per table as they don’t stack.

Of course, this also means it’s easier to add more sets in the future (attune individual tables as we currently do and place them in your feeder house).

why do you think the regular attunable tables need to exist as items?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I guess that means:

why do you think the regular attunable tables need to exist as items?

Right, my assumption with the old tables “feeding into” the all-in-one-tables was that you will literally sacrifice them into the all-in-one tables so that they now have that “knowledge”. Thus destroying the old tables in the process.

The entire point of the all-in-one tables is the quality of life update crafting halls have been asking for forever because we were eventually gonna run out of space to continue adding new tables every update. Otherwise, there’s literally zero point in the new all-in-one tables existing if a warehouse of ALL the attuned tables still has to be there. Like LITERALLY no point at all.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭

I guess that means:

It sounds more like the new tables will devour the old tables and take on their properties, like if Kirby was a crafting table. The old tables will no longer exist after this conversion.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the best way to do it. I was hoping it would be a true all-in-one so I could set it right next to my transmutation station and have access to every set in the game via 2 stations but 5 is better than 200 plus! Its still great.

I actually prefer this solution, having one of each station just looks better for a nice looking crafting area, and will make the crafting menu less cluttered. This is exactly the solution I wanted for the attunable stations, so kudos to ZOS for finally making it happen

As someone else said, if we could also select skins for the stations, that would make this even better. Still happy even without it though.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    Not the best way to do it. I was hoping it would be a true all-in-one so I could set it right next to my transmutation station and have access to every set in the game via 2 stations but 5 is better than 200 plus! Its still great.

I actually prefer this solution, having one of each station just looks better for a nice looking crafting area, and will make the crafting menu less cluttered. This is exactly the solution I wanted for the attunable stations, so kudos to ZOS for finally making it happen

Likewise. I think it IS the best solution. Although convenience and expediency are important, I'm against stripping away every bit of the soul of the game for the sake of efficiency and grind.

And even if your priorities are different, its hard to argue that going down from hundreds, to 4, isn't still such a great time and space saver and a great compromise.

I'm very happy with the solution.
    As someone else said, if we could also select skins for the stations, that would make this even better. Still happy even without it though.

Agree. I'm not looking for anything too shiny or out-there, but having things we can tailor to fit the aesthetic of our particular homes would be great.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guild hall that I use is gonna be so empty!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess that means:

It sounds more like the new tables will devour the old tables and take on their properties, like if Kirby was a crafting table. The old tables will no longer exist after this conversion.

Another possibility is that the new all-in-one stations will be like containers-- sort of like the storage chests, but specifically for each type of attunable crafting station, and all of the attunable stations which are stored in one will be accessible without needing to open up the container and retrieve them.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Grizzbeorn wrote: »
    One "master" attunable station for each type pf station absolutely makes the most sense.
    Cramming all four types into one table is a horrendous idea.

Why? It works very well for the deconstruct assistant. You can see everything at once or just tab over to the type of table you want to use.

Technically, no, it doesn't "work" like that. I mean in terms of the stated explanation that the deconstruction assistant gives us when we talk to her. We are giving our unwanted equipment to her, and she is giving us back the appropriate raw materials in exchange.

Yes. It does work that way in terms of the user interface, which is what I was speaking on. My post was not meant to address lore. They can easily provide a similar hand wave lore explanation for an all-in-one table. They make it look like a tiny shop or whatever. An all-in-one table also does not exclude the concept of feeding the old table into the all-in-one.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 14 April 2023 07:32
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good news otherwise.

Yeah, I hope they extend the API love to these new crafting stations and the addon authors kindly update them.

If they don't that would be a lil' bit of a deal breaker for me.
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still need four vouchers to obtain the tuning of a site
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Crafting section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good news otherwise.

It will fundamentally alter the way it works. Until we can see the UI and related API components, nobody can even begin to guess how much of an overhaul Writ Worthy will need.

I’ll probably leave my guild hall intact until it’s ready. As much as I’m looking forward to all-in-ones, losing the convenience of that add on would be a step back for most people.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the last few big housing things being collectables (armory station and time thingies) I'm letting myself be hopeful that these stations will be too. It seems like it would make sense from a performance point of view, just one of each station to keep track of rather than potentially several with different sets in.

It's probably too much to hope for but would love to be able to put them in Gardner House for quick master writs - it's not big enough for a full guild house (no room for mundus) and not sure this small convenience would be worth the 70k odd vouchers!
    PS4 EU
  • nokturnihs
    nokturnihs
    ✭✭✭
    I feel pretty disappointed actually. If you look at the expense of doing all the attunables in game you're looking at a quarter million+ writ vouchers or well over 300,000,000 gold - that's probably fine for massive guilds with hundreds of active players. Small guilds or solo players are getting shafted so hard it's insulting. The way the economy works those attunables will go up even more so you could be paying billions to get them up and running. And unless it's a collectible that's a per-home expense...

Garbage.
    A better implementation for folks with all the stations - when the patch releases give us a way to pull up each placed attunable and trade it back into writ guy for refunded tickets. Outside of something like that this new feature is ONLY accessible to the wealthiest players and guilds in the game and is damned near impossible for solo players or small guilds and the way the game economy is set up this just sucks.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nokturnihs wrote: »
    I feel pretty disappointed actually. If you look at the expense of doing all the attunables in game you're looking at a quarter million+ writ vouchers or well over 300,000,000 gold - that's probably fine for massive guilds with hundreds of active players. Small guilds or solo players are getting shafted so hard it's insulting. The way the economy works those attunables will go up even more so you could be paying billions to get them up and running. And unless it's a collectible that's a per-home expense...

Garbage.
    A better implementation for folks with all the stations - when the patch releases give us a way to pull up each placed attunable and trade it back into writ guy for refunded tickets. Outside of something like that this new feature is ONLY accessible to the wealthiest players and guilds in the game and is damned near impossible for solo players or small guilds and the way the game economy is set up this just sucks.

I don't see how anybody is getting "shafted so hard", unless the expectation was that everybody should have access to every attuned station in their private homes for minimal cost, eliminating a purpose for guilds. The all-in-one tables fixes the problem of needing ~300 spaces for all attuned stations. If you didn't have them before, you don't have that problem.

This proposal would make writ vouchers worthless. And there's already so few things to buy with them. All master writs would become worthless, and just clog up guild stores like the jewelry ones do now.

It is possible to self-fund a "guild hall", just do your daily writs, you get plenty of vouchers from those master writs that drop, along with the materials needs to make them.
    Edited by tmbrinks on 16 April 2023 19:59
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • nokturnihs
    nokturnihs
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Garbage.

I don't see how anybody is getting "shafted so hard", unless the expectation was that everybody should have access to every attuned station in their private homes for minimal cost, eliminating a purpose for guilds. The all-in-one tables fixes the problem of needing ~300 spaces for all attuned stations. If you didn't have them before, you don't have that problem.

This proposal would make writ vouchers worthless. And there's already so few things to buy with them. All master writs would become worthless, and just clog up guild stores like the jewelry ones do now.

It is possible to self-fund a "guild hall", just do your daily writs, you get plenty of vouchers from those master writs that drop, along with the materials needs to make them.

If you assume a hardcore crafter could assemble the writ vouchers and gold to do perhaps 2 attunable stations per week that's still 150ish weeks worth of what would ultimately be almost exclusively what the average adult player would be doing during their playtime for almost 3 years. Saying "doable" isn't the same as reasonable. Also crafting is a SOLO activity. The attunable stations don't drop via group content or anything of the sort. Crowns, writ vouchers, lots of gold. That's it. For guilds with a player base of 20ish people, assuming they're all exclusively pushing towards a master station for the guild hall that is still several months and i dunno about your guilds but maybe 1 in 5 members actually do their crafting up to master writs for a single toon. Most Don't. Therefore this feature is exclusively catering to the extremely wealthy players or guilds. I assume based on your comments you either run in one of those or are one. It's a serious first world problem my friend when you're complaining about having difficulty finding things to spend writ vouchers on considering most writs offer single or low double digit writ vouchers. I run a smallish guild and we have about 5 sets in our guild hall and each one holds a lot of value for us because our "richest player" still counts his wealth in millions and not that many. I'm a very charitable person and don't really farm gold, we dont have an expensive guild trader... It's a pretty staggering amount of time to sink into 4 pieces of furniture for us... Hell... The only reason we have the room for them to begin with and the parse dummy is because i shelled out over $200 to give us the space in crown store equivalent purchases...
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Garbage.

If you assume a hardcore crafter could assemble the writ vouchers and gold to do perhaps 2 attunable stations per week that's still 150ish weeks worth of what would ultimately be almost exclusively what the average adult player would be doing during their playtime for almost 3 years. Saying "doable" isn't the same as reasonable. Also crafting is a SOLO activity. The attunable stations don't drop via group content or anything of the sort. Crowns, writ vouchers, lots of gold. That's it. For guilds with a player base of 20ish people, assuming they're all exclusively pushing towards a master station for the guild hall that is still several months and i dunno about your guilds but maybe 1 in 5 members actually do their crafting up to master writs for a single toon. Most Don't. Therefore this feature is exclusively catering to the extremely wealthy players or guilds. I assume based on your comments you either run in one of those or are one. It's a serious first world problem my friend when you're complaining about having difficulty finding things to spend writ vouchers on considering most writs offer single or low double digit writ vouchers. I run a smallish guild and we have about 5 sets in our guild hall and each one holds a lot of value for us because our "richest player" still counts his wealth in millions and not that many. I'm a very charitable person and don't really farm gold, we dont have an expensive guild trader... It's a pretty staggering amount of time to sink into 4 pieces of furniture for us... Hell... The only reason we have the room for them to begin with and the parse dummy is because i shelled out over $200 to give us the space in crown store equivalent purchases...

The new stations fix the problem of needing 300 housing spaces for all attunables. If you don't have them yet, that's fine. This then changes nothing for you and your guild. And that's okay that a new thing fixes a "end of the line" problem.

Yes, building a full-fledged crafting hall for a guild is an undertaking, a community task. Good luck in your guild's journey.
  • chrisw_63_ESO
    chrisw_63_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is great for housing, but only a moderate benefit for crafting. What about the 80+ Styles that, when choosing them for crafting: A.) aren't sorted in any logical manner, and B.) Aren't searchable ??? I would actually buy crowns for a searchable 'style selector' in the crafting box.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Garbage.

I strongly disagree that a guild hall is only for guilds or the wealthy. I built mine solo with just a little help from guilds in the later stages, and have hardly ever had more than 1m gold in the bank. Does it take time? Absolutely, but it's totally doable. And it was MUCH more expensive when I did it, writs are so cheap now!

One thing I learnt (regrettably late in the game!) is that you should do daily writs on as many characters as you can. Not only will that give you more master writs but you'll have plenty of mats to do them. I went from taking a year to half complete my sets with one character, to finishing in a few months with 10 characters. I've since levelled crafting on all 18 characters and made a second guild house (because reasons :D) in 3 or 4 months completely solo.

It's a big time investment even so, so I can understand not everyone wants to go there. But it's kind of a big deal so it shouldn't necessarily be easy, or accessible to everyone. Finding fully equipped guilds isn't hard any more so I don't think it's something everyone needs in their own homes.

I've worked really hard on my house, put in a lot of hours decorating and getting it laid out just right, and have spent the last couple of years being totally heartbroken at having to strip out more and more of it to fit new sets in. That's the point to the new stations. It's not intended as a way to just let everyone get everything all at once.
    PS4 EU
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭

Garbage.

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but if you meant with *... quarter million+ writ vouchers or well over 300,000,000 gold ... * the amount you need to get all attunable crafting stations, then you are wrong!

One attunable station costs 250 vouchers. With 4 different stations (clothing, smithing, jewelry and woodworking) that will make 1,000 vouchers for a set of stations. 74 craftable sets are ingame at the moment. With the upcoming chapter it should be somewhere around 80 or so. If you now want to get all, you would need 80 sets of attunable stations, which would cost you 80 x 1,000 vouchers = 80,000 vouchers. In case you want to buy attunable stations from guildtraders you can find them for around 250,000 gold (PC/EU) per station, which would mean 1mio (1,000,000) gold for a set. In total it would be 80mio (80,000,000) gold for all stations.

The above mentioned would be the basic costs. In case you want or need to buy Master Writs and resources to craft, then - yes - you will need additional gold. But even with that you can keep the costs to a minimum, as long as you know what you are doing. If you are doing it right and I am not mistaken, you may even be able to reduce the amount of gold needed I mentioned (80 mio). For my example from above this would be the case if you would buy and craft Master Writs for a price below 1,000 gold per 1 voucher.

Bottom line. If you take on this whole thing with a target-oriented focus and take your time, you can achieve it on your own in a reasonable amount of time ;) .
  • terror_incarnate
    I unfortunately missed the ESO Celebration event stream so I hadn't heard about Zenimax plans for the new attunable crafting stations until now, but I hoped that the craft types of Blacksmithing, Clothing, Woodworking and Jewelry would be retained and represented by their respective stations and I'm happy to learn that they will be.

I know that a lot of players would prefer it to be a single master station incorporating all of the craft types and all of the attunable sets, containing menus, sub-menus and MORE sub-menus, but in my opinion that would over complicate the crafting experience, especially for new players and would mean having to create more unnecessary code for a single station design when it would be easier to just use the existing graphics or make minor adjustments to the four types of station already in use. After all four master stations is only three more than what a single master station would be and it will cut down the amount of storage used and reduce the overall footprint of stations within a house, perhaps even helping the server in the process? Collecting attunable stations and having to rearrange them once or twice per year is not an enjoyable task and as new crafted sets are added to ESO upon the release of each new expansion, it would only be a matter of time before even a large house is filled to capacity, so changes had to be made. Streamlining from what is soon to be 308 attunable stations (77 sets) into just four master stations will be a HUGE improvement, while adding convenience for players wanting to move their master stations to different locations or abodes should they choose to do so, they will no longer be limited to just placing them in the largest of houses.

As for how ZOS could work around players who already own attunable station sets in their current format, I think it would work by converting the existing and already copied stations in player houses into filled 'Scrolls of Attunement' (or) 'Scrolls of Accord' (for want of a better title perhaps!) and placing them within a player's backpack, bank or storage container, which can then be activated or simply dragged and dropped into the relevant new master station type, ensuring that those players who have previously collected attunable sets would not have to start collecting them all over again from scratch!

Empty scrolls (of whatever ZOS decides to call them) could be purchased with writ vouchers from Rolis Hlaalu, along with the four new master stations. Both the new master stations and empty scrolls could also be traded between players for gold in much the same way as the current empty attunable crafting stations are sold from guild traders.

The new scrolls would work similarly to how an empty attunable crafting station currently functions, by the player travelling to the set location on the Tamriel map, but instead using an empty scroll within their backpack while standing in front of the station to be copied. Once the station has been copied to the scroll the player would return to their house and stand in front of the new master station belonging to the craft type that was copied (Blacksmithing, Clothing, Woodworking or Jewelry) while double-clicking or dragging the scroll onto it, thus creating a new entry into the menu and a new set piece added to that particular master station.

Whether or not ZOS will implement similar changes to these remains to be seen, but for me it does seem to be a logical and feasible way to make the transition of over 300+ attunable crafting stations to four master menu-based stations as easy and convenient as possible for both player and developer. B)

Edited by terror_incarnate on 21 April 2023 23:05
  • skyrimfantasy
    skyrimfantasy
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Great news for all the guild houses out there, and this will also make it possible to use smaller houses for guild halls as well.

I thought this at first too, but smaller houses mean smaller population allowed. For guilds that host events or group up at their hall having a limit of 12 isn't great, much less the ones that hold only 6 or less.
  • terror_incarnate
    Jaimeh wrote: »

I thought this at first too, but smaller houses mean smaller population allowed. For guilds that host events or group up at their hall having a limit of 12 isn't great, much less the ones that hold only 6 or less.

You make a good point!

Although in all honesty, in all the years I've been playing ESO I don't think I've ever seen more than maybe six or so players at a guild crafting house at any one time. A guild hall however would be different and I know that some players and guilds like to host events or meet up as you say, which would push up the population considerably. If for instance a player collects all standard crafting, attunable, mundus, training dummies etc to cater for several guilds at once though, it may be better to keep the guild crafting house separate from the guild hall to avoid players from other guilds outside of the event crashing the party so to speak!
  • RagnarSw
    RagnarSw
    ✭✭✭

Garbage.

Not sure what server you are on, but solo player here on PC-NA. Just bought all 296 stations this past week (since the news broke on the 12th) for a little under 100M. I believe this is the best way to do it because invalidating the guilds and people who had done it previously. It isn't meant to be something that is built overnight. It is suppose to be a process. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither are crafting areas.
  • Mr_Luscan
    Mr_Luscan
    ✭✭
    Next question is how will they be purchased?
    Gold, Writ Vouchers, or Crowns.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Luscan wrote: »
    Next question is how will they be purchased?
    Gold, Writ Vouchers, or Crowns.

I'm very much hoping for free collectables like the armory station. Realistically it'll probably be writ vouchers.

As long as it's not event tickets for no good reason like hide shoulders!
    PS4 EU