The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The all-in-one attuneable crafting station teased will be comprised of 4 crafting tables.

DirtyDeeds765
DirtyDeeds765
✭✭✭✭
The all-in-one attuneable crafting station teased will be comprised of 4 crafting tables.

According to somebody who was at the ESO Celebration 2023 community event dev panel on 4/12/23, they asked Rich Lambert about how the all-in-one attuneable crafting stations would work and the response was that there would be 1 table of each type for all the crafted sets.

You will need to feed the attuned crafted set tables into them to be able to make the sets from the 4 tables.

Furthermore, there will be a search function and it will not be tied to the crown store in any way.

Credit to "Sapphire_Ocelot" for getting this info.

Not the best way to do it. I was hoping it would be a true all-in-one so I could set it right next to my transmutation station and have access to every set in the game via 2 stations but 5 is better than 200 plus! Its still great.

Huzzah!

Edit: added "dev panel" and added the sentence about the "feeding"
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 14 April 2023 12:14
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    New Guild Hall: The Rosy Lion
    Edited by Hapexamendios on 13 April 2023 02:25
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there going to be a mechanism in place so that whatever attunables one has already attuned to various sets and placed in a house will be "absorbed" without charge?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Is there going to be a mechanism in place so that whatever attunables one has already attuned to various sets and placed in a house will be "absorbed" without charge?

according to this uesp tweet you can feed your old attuneable stations into the new ones
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

according to this uesp tweet you can feed your old attuneable stations into the new ones

Yes, I forgot that vital piece of info in my post. Just added that. Thank you.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    These improvements to attunable crafting stations are great news, but I hope they go one step better.

I would like it if they made all crafting stations attunable so that you can pick the style you like. We have the Orsinum anvil and High Isle Woodworking stations, as well as the Clockwork style stations in the Crown Store.

I also wish they would make a tabletop version of each crafting station so you can basically design your own to match your furnishing style, instead of hoping ZOS decides to add that style. Heck, they still haven't added a Clockwork Jewlery station even though they have one in Clockwork City.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LunaFlora @DirtyDeeds765 - Awesome, thanks!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

• FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's really cool to think we'll be able to use Gardener House as a guild hall again. Its location can't be beat- the master writ drop of is like 50 yards from the door.

And it's cool that this won't punish people who already bought all their attuneables.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit is all a-fluff with delight! No more floating islands over snowy planes covered in tables. Now floating islands over snowy planes will be covered in plush, poofy pillows! Sleepover Party at Karth's! All are invited!
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, another question:

How do you acquire set additions to the new stations?

• Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are probably limited due to jewelcrafting.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, another question:

How do you acquire set additions to the new stations?

My guess, from the previous descriptions, is that you'll still need to obtain a blank attunable station, attune it to the new set, then feed the attuned station into the all-in-one station.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope this is a collectible as well, so you can place it in every house.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One "master" attunable station for each type pf station absolutely makes the most sense.
    Cramming all four types into one table is a horrendous idea.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      One "master" attunable station for each type pf station absolutely makes the most sense.

Why? It works very well for the deconstruct assistant. You can see everything at once or just tab over to the type of table you want to use.
    • ApoAlaia
      ApoAlaia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

I wouldn't go as far as saying that is a 'horrendous idea'.

My personal preference is to have four separate stations because it both pleases my aesthetic sense and matches what I am accustomed to however I can see a perfectly valid argument in favour of a single crafting station made here:
      spartaxoxo wrote: »
      Why? It works very well for the deconstruct assistant. You can see everything at once or just tab over to the type of table you want to use.

• kyatos_binarini
      kyatos_binarini
      ✭✭✭
      i hope it will be possible to connect old (pre-release) stations to new all-in-one. but as I remember there were cases when ZOS released non backward compatible stuff:
      - with Summerset chapter it was impossible to research/improve jewelry that was obtained before Summerset release
      - when perfected arena weapons were released, all existing weapons didn't get perfected version (despite the fact that they were obtained from veteran arenas)
    • ApoAlaia
      ApoAlaia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      i hope it will be possible to connect old (pre-release) stations to new all-in-one. but as I remember there were cases when ZOS released non backward compatible stuff:
      - with Summerset chapter it was impossible to research/improve jewelry that was obtained before Summerset release

I don't have any experience with the engine ESO uses, but in the Creation engine if you roll out an update for a mod that fundamentally alters the properties of already spawned items there is a lot of room for things to go awry, often in difficult to predict ways.

Not the end of the world for an 'amateur' mod in single player game where most people keep saves handy, a bit more of a problem in an MMO.

I surmise they faced similar challenges when they recently changed the properties of the weapon/spell damage glyphs hence the solution they opted for.
      - when perfected arena weapons were released, all existing weapons didn't get perfected version (despite the fact that they were obtained from veteran arenas)

That wasn't as much a technical issue as it was Rich 'The Most Honest Car Dealer' Lambert's personal take on the subject of conducting business.

In his car dealership it is not only appropriate but also ridiculous to expect otherwise to purchase a new car in order to get an update to the GPS software.

It is also appropriate to drive your recently acquired Mazda CX-5 from the forecourt only to have his team come to your driveway three months later and replace it with a Lada Niva.

It is what it is when you purchase vehicles from him. As it turns out he is the only car dealer around here so we don't have much of a choice either.

Bottom line, if I have read it correctly these new 'multi-attunables' have been designed to accept existing attuned crafting stations and don't alter the whole underlying 'mechanisms', thus avoiding 'tampering' with already spawned objects and their properties.
      Edited by ApoAlaia on 13 April 2023 09:06
    • Ilumia
      Ilumia
      ✭✭✭✭
      This sounds great. It opens up so many new guild hall options, it's going to be nice to see the changes :)
      And not crown store, thank you to the developers for listening to this request, it sounds like a good QoL improvement in this area :)
    • Luke_Flamesword
      Luke_Flamesword
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Technically is quite easy to implement, because there is no need to modify existing attunable stations. They can work the same way as always and new "all-in-one stations" will be just independent extenstion to existing system. If old stations won't be edited, technically there is no problem to create new station using old ones, because there will be no difference between after and before update attunables.
      PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
    • XSTRONG
      XSTRONG
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wow my Guildhouse will be so empty without all the craft tables
    • Maotti
      Maotti
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @MyNameIsElias This will make your house even better. :)
      PC EU
    • redlink1979
      redlink1979
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      From 296 (atm) stations to only 4? I'm sure we all can live with that! :D:D
      "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
      • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
      • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
      • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
      • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    • SpacemanSpiff1
      SpacemanSpiff1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Interesting, if true.
    • SeaGtGruff
      SeaGtGruff
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      spartaxoxo wrote: »

Technically, no, it doesn't "work" like that. I mean in terms of the stated explanation that the deconstruction assistant gives us when we talk to her. We are giving our unwanted equipment to her, and she is giving us back the appropriate raw materials in exchange. The actual deconstruction of our unwanted equipment (in terms of the game's fictional world) is taking place later on, when the deconstruction assistant gives it all "a good whack or two." We are not-- in the fictional world-- using any crafting stations to deconstruct our unwanted equipment ourselves as we're interacting with the deconstruction assistant.

I think their solution is the most logical and equitable one. You can't make or unmake jewelry at a woodworking station, just as you can't make or unmake bows and shields at an enchanting station, etc. A single station for each type of crafting makes perfect sense, and having us feed attuned crafting stations into it ensures that everyone's past expenditures of gold or master writ vouchers (or crowns?) to obtain hundreds of attunable crafting stations-- not to mention the time and effort required to go to the various set-crafting stations in the game world and attune the attunable stations to them-- will continue to maintain their original value rather than suddenly becoming a total waste.

Edit: As for whether or not the new all-in-one stations will be something we can add to every home, similar to the storage chests, my guess would be no, that we'll probably need to buy additional all-in-one stations as desired, and then feed more attuned stations into them. That way any players who might have already invested a lot of resources, time, and effort into obtaining multiple sets of attunable stations-- if there are any such players-- will not have all of their prior work go to waste. But I might be wrong; we'll just have to wait and see.
      Edited by SeaGtGruff on 13 April 2023 12:29
      I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    • BloodyStigmata
      BloodyStigmata
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'll take four over 350+ any day. I'll be able to remove the existing stations from the reserve offer up all of them in one go.

Now I just gotta figure out how the hell I'm gonna fit 13 mundus stones in there.
      Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
      See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
    • chrisfeng
      chrisfeng
      ✭✭✭
      It would be really nice if we are allowed to designate those antiquity crafting stations as all-in-ones. They are nicer looking.
    • BloodyStigmata
      BloodyStigmata
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      chrisfeng wrote: »
      It would be really nice if we are allowed to designate those antiquity crafting stations as all-in-ones. They are nicer looking.

I can already foresee them adding more to the antiquity system that act as all-in-one stations. Maybe. Hopefully. That'd be nice.

........and possibly some to the crown store too but they wouldn't do that to us, right?
      Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
      See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
    • tomofhyrule
      tomofhyrule
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      chrisfeng wrote: »

I'd assume there would be more 'elaborate' versions of the stations since they would be more important than just a simple anvil.

I keep picturing the Skyforge in my head as an idea of a "combined blacksmithing station" that would be statuesque enough to be a combined station.
    • Destai
      Destai
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      That’s a reasonable solution actually. I saw a Reddit post where they were concerned it would invalidate the current tables, so glad to see they thought through that.
    • SgtWinnie
      SgtWinnie
      ✭✭✭
      Hope writworthy has no problems with this new setup.

Good news otherwise.