The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eso+ Sub Status (who has cancelled?)

• TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I've cancelled my sub and my preorder several weeks ago. I really would like both, but not in this condition. Im really sad that its been almost 6 weeks and they havent even gotten it close to where I could accept resubbing and re-purchasing the expansion

This. After the " performance update " and the two " fixes " there has been absolute radio silence, add to that the radio silence considering the light attack changes , I just don't feel like zos' really cares at this point. I would love to be proved wrong. Even at three am I am having skills misfire. Which is just not acceptable.
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm considering cancelling my Eso+ not for the performance issues but for the fact that ZoS is planning on giving everyone access to the NB Class Identity. Which as a NB since day 1, I simply cannot stand by and roll over for, it's just too much.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pay by the year and have 8 months to go before re-subbing. I'll wait and see what the performance is like at that time, by then, the PS5 will be out with a plethora of new games launching, depending on what ZOS is doing with ESO, I might switch to another game.
    ~ Cheers
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does this automatic renewal thing I don’t like. It’s a terrible shameful business practice imo.

I’ll probably re-sub as I just did, but I want to have options left open. Like maybe I want to do 3 months, or even six. Or see how long I can make it without a crafting bag. I’ve a terrible track record with this and usually re-sub within a day or so.

There’s no free lunch zos. You’ve got me with the auto sub before. But never again. Unless I forget to un-sub. But that was my fault. I’m still not happy about it. But like I said; I’ll probably re-sub anyways.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not canceling two subs, and I just bought the largest crown pack on sale to buy Thieves Oasis and Moon Sugar Meadow for my second account.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Not canceling two subs, and I just bought the largest crown pack on sale to buy Thieves Oasis and Moon Sugar Meadow for my second account.

I am curious what you will put on moon sugar meadow - will this be a tent-based setting?
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Canceling the subscription is a hollow gesture. You can cancel it and resubscribe without it even impacting your game.

Allowing your ESO Plus to actually lapse, so you are no longer benefiting from ESO Plus, is the real benchmark.

It does immediately impact your game though. Immediately after being unsubscribed you're no longer allowed to add more items into your Craft Bag and your Bank space gets cut again. You don't lose any items that were already deposited in those, but you can't put more in.

Since when? Is this some crazy console thing? Players have paid for the time and they should not be losing benefits until that time runs out.

....I haven't been unsubbed in a long while, I may be remembering wrong.

You are paying monthly. You can unsubscribe but benefits are active until the next billing date. Then sub will not get renew and you lose benefits.

Anyhow, he is right, there are bunch acting impulsively cancelled in rage then subbing again. :#
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cancelled and never paying full price for a Zenimax Media item again...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not only that. Despite cancelling ESO+ i thought about keep logging in just to train the horses and stuff like that, but i think ZOS killed the little interest i had left on ESO. Right now i don't even feel like spending 15 minutes per day on this game.
    Performance has only been getting worse and worse and the combat changes have been following the same path.

Btw i came to the forums to see the new vamp skill line, they really did a good job on making NBs even more pointless. Lack of originality is another reason to quit for me.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sub expires in late May. If there had been a new race/class I would be resubbing immediately. I really hated the necro. I abandoned her to crafting at lvl 40. My main vamp warden is being neutered to the point of being uninteresting. On the other hand I did enjoy the new chapter's prologue though. I will be playing on regardless but will decide in 6 weeks whether to resub and for how long.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    It does this automatic renewal thing I don’t like. It’s a terrible shameful business practice imo.

I’ll probably re-sub as I just did, but I want to have options left open. Like maybe I want to do 3 months, or even six. Or see how long I can make it without a crafting bag. I’ve a terrible track record with this and usually re-sub within a day or so.

There’s no free lunch zos. You’ve got me with the auto sub before. But never again. Unless I forget to un-sub. But that was my fault. I’m still not happy about it. But like I said; I’ll probably re-sub anyways.

You can stop it renewing if you want to.

Whenever I've bought ESO+ I pay for it, log in to the game to confirm it's actually active and then immediately cancel the renewal. If you do that you'll still get all of the time you paid for, however long that is, the ESO+ benefits will only stop when the subscription time ends. You can then buy more time whenever you want, in whatever amount you choose.

I'm not entirely sure how it works if you try to resubscribe before your current time ends, as I've never tried to do that. But if necessary you could just put the money aside and wait for it to end then start it up again.

(If anyone's wondering I do this because I don't actually want ESO+ all the time. I buy a month or a few months for a specific purpose - usually either so I can re-dye my costumes or because it's the cheapest way to get the amount of crowns I want at the time I want them - then I let it run out and don't buy more until I want it again.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Caelc
    Caelc
    ✭✭✭
    I have.

they put those new changes on the pts and then you look at the new sets and it looks like they have no intention to pull the changes back. It seems they did a fake effort to make it looks like our opinion matters

Greymoor from what i can see and the horrible antiquities mini games, it will way overpriced. It will probably have less content than orsinium.

so i will still play, but no nearly what i did before. For me, they have to earn my money and in my opinion, they aren't even making an effort anymore.
    Edited by Caelc on 2 April 2020 15:40
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need the I have NEVER subbed nor will I regardless of patches.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sub lapsed about 10 months ago. No regrets.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your replies guys and gals.
    It is half/half which goes to show that half of us probably play PVP (within the repliers to this subject).

Instead of 'hate' subjects I prefer to use this vote to show our game developers and team that we aren't happy chappies at the moment and we are trying to hold on, but there is a breaking point.

To add my reply -> I cancelled.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no issue with paying for just craftbags but since i cannot play pvp for two months, i decided to cancel it

I would consider to start paying only when i see at least they are trying to do something with it. So far there is silence
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, just signed up for another year. Worth it.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • DamagedInc666
    DamagedInc666
    ✭✭
    I've just cancelled but not because of the game its because its an unnecessary expense in the current financial climate for me.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just renewed, and went with a longer time.

Never really considered ESO+ when I started, but I got hooked with the nice DLC zones and the crafting bag. At this point, not sure how I could play without it.

I don't play PvP, so I have really not had any issues with anything so far. I'm having lots of fun on the PvE side, so it really does seem worth it to me.
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    As we've removed some posts, remember that it’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

I am curious what you will put on moon sugar meadow - will this be a tent-based setting?

Not sure yet. I'm considering a "fisherman's retreat", so it may be tents.... or I might use it to figure out constructing actual structures. I wound up using one of the Elseweyr walls to shut off some of the "too many damn doors" in the Oasis, and since that worked so well, I may rough out a "house" on graph paper then see what I can do with it. The Meadow is on PC/EU, so I have a place to put my fishing boat....
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not unsubscribing as the game is not playable without craftbag. I am also NOT buying chapter/crowns etc. My main is nb...' nuff said.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had previously gone 2 years without subbing (Morrowind to Elsweyr) because I disagree with so many business decisions Zeni was making. Last year my wife gifted me a 6 month sub, which just renewed in early March. I don’t know yet if I’ll cancel future renewals. It depends on how much I like New World.

I did cancel my ore-order of Greymoor and got a refund last week though.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    I cancelled but not for any of the noble causes presented.

It's spring time. Time to go outside and get some sunshine. I just don't sit inside during the warm months so a sub makes no sense to my situation other than over winter.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My nightblade is the reason.

Its the main reason I pay subscription.

So I dont have to worry carrying a lot of stuff.

Whelp thats that.

• Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a blast, love the game, not going anywhere. Unless I get laid off lol.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking about, though more because of a combination of reasons.

I enjoy a variety of things in the game from housing to questing to trials and pvp.

1. PvP and the performance there is a big factor. Already lost most of the friends I pvp with b/c of the performance there over the last year. So at this point I pretty much just go in open world randomly to earn rewards and see if I can get into some fun scraps. But performance often makes that a chore.

2. Trials performance has been an issue as well. If not a server issue, a bug issue. Even tonight when we went back to do vCR, everything is so buggy. I can't believe they aren't embarrassed that this is what they present for their end game top level content.

3. The changes. I don't mind raising the floor. But if they squeeze the middle class players out by lowering ceiling and raising the floor so there is nothing but the top few guilds that do everything perfect and then participation trophies for everyone under that b/c they've made it so everyone that wants to beat something can beat it with minimal effort, then it won't be worth that effort. Plus the sets they keep introducing that make old sets worthless - just started getting lokke set together, which of course made war machine obsolete and there is a new trial set that makes lokke possibly not worth it. Can't come up with anything new huh?

4. Ultimately it's a community game, I'm here to play with friends. Even though I enjoy doing the quests, they are not even in the league of an average single player game. So the more friends that leave, the less likely I am to stick with it. Aside from the pvp friends that left, we just lost a tank and healer from our trial team due to performance of the game. Also another guild that I fill for was talking about moving entirely to a different game (most of them came to this game as a guild, they've known each other for years I guess) because of the changes zos is talking about with HA/LA. And I know there are probably 4-5 on our trial team that don't even play the game much and just show up for trials, if they decide to move on, the team probably falls apart. Yeah, there are always new friends to make, but when you are on your fifth or sixth guild of people that quit the game, it gets old.

So I pay month to month. If it gets to a point where I'm not getting anything out of it, then I guess I'll cancel it.

I'm already a bit fed up they've allowed performance to get as bad as it has and their fixes seem to be making it worse. And then feeling like I've been lied to with the HA/LA PTS that was "just a test" when heavy attack meta trial sets are coming in Horrowstorm. I really don't like feeling like I can't trust people that we have to turn to for guidance on changes or how things work or explanations of what happened, etc. Also makes me feel like half the time they are just throwing changes at the wall and seeing what sticks.
    Edited by xaraan on 3 April 2020 03:03
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nyteshade wrote: »

It's spring time. Time to go outside and get some sunshine. I just don't sit inside during the warm months so a sub makes no sense to my situation other than over winter.

Where do you live? Atm you should really minimizing your time outside.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cancelled last summer. Can't believe things got even worse.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    Nyteshade wrote: »

Where do you live? Atm you should really minimizing your time outside.

That's not true; there's nothing wrong with going outside as long as you maintain proper social distancing. Going out to get some fresh air and exercise is helpful to your immune system.