The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Eso+ Sub Status (who has cancelled?)

• Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would never play this game without plus.. the craft bag alone is worth it, plus having access to every dlc without individual purchases is too good to pass up.
    Options
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cancelled my sub which runs out in May, and did not purchase Greymoor as of yet. I can't play the game in its current condition. Today in vMOL my skills just stopped working entirely for five minutes. Reloaded UI, and then it worked for a bit, then it happened again. There is nothing more enjoyable than getting 11 friends together with you to try a challenging part of the game and then wait around for ZOS's code to unstick itself from whatever random bug that decided to plague you that day. Last week I went on a vCR run for my first clear. We did not clear because of syngeries not firing and random crap happening outside of normal mechanics. Unbelievable.You know why DPS players obsess about getting good enough to bypass mechanics? Because we can't trust the mechanics to work in the first place. Now I can't rely on my DPS either, as it is a function of the random availability of my bar skills.

However, I also bought crowns at the sale last week. ZOS, that is my investment in you to MAKE YOUR GAME WORK NOT TO BUY ROBERT ALTMAN A NEW YACHT. If this investment does not pay off, I'll be done with the game. Some of these bugs were charming, some even funny at times. This is way way beyond either of those. The game is back in beta. I come out of four hour trials sessions feeling like I completely wasted my time and accomplished nothing because of the multitude of bizarre and unfair things that happen that prevent the achievement of success.One could argue that playing any game in the first place is a waste of time, I suppose, but it's supposed to be my entertainment. Unfortunately, ESO no longer entertains me. It mostly just angers and frustrates me.

I'll stick around for sure if ZOS gets its act together, but that just seems less and less likely. It's a shame, because I really love Elder Scrolls. I just wish these people loved it enough to take better care of it.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who got used to ESO+ and are thinking of letting it lapse - just 24 hours without it will convince you to resub - it is just a pain having to do all the inventory and bank management instead to play the game. And what fun it will be, when the inventory of your characters will get cluttered faster than you expect - stuff what would normally go into your crafting bag without you even noticing - without ESO+ it will fill up your inventory and you will have to actually do something to correct the situation, this costs a lot of time and if your bank slots are not brought down to normal size before ESO+ lapses, you will experience what it means if you cannot put anything into your bank and it is pretty hard to get it down to a manageable size when ESO+ has expired. It will be a mess and a burden - just don't do that to yourself.

I made this experience when I returned to ESO - ESO+ not active, bank red - I was used to run my team of characters all with making heavy use of my banker - who was useless, because i could transfer nothing over the bank anymore - then i started to use my chests for the first time - but what tedious thing to transfer anything via those chests - I resubbed at the first opportunity to do so.
    Edited by Lysette on 7 April 2020 09:40
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sub has been canceled as well as the expansion refunded for several weeks and they have stopped even commenting on the performance issues.

Unsubbing and not buying the expansion is clearly not enough. I am making a conscious effort to not log in at all as I think to them; that's what matters. They view each login as a potential crown store purchase. Probably where they make the bulk of their money.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    My sub has been canceled as well as the expansion refunded for several weeks and they have stopped even commenting on the performance issues.

Unsubbing and not buying the expansion is clearly not enough. I am making a conscious effort to not log in at all as I think to them; that's what matters. They view each login as a potential crown store purchase. Probably where they make the bulk of their money.

I did that for 9 months after they introduced the gambling crates - I can tell you, that the only one hurt by that will be you.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

I did that for 9 months after they introduced the gambling crates - I can tell you, that the only one hurt by that will be you.

Wont hurt me any. I mean; I cant really do my favorite activities anyway. Any logins have been largely social.

I know 1 person doing it, or even a small subset wouldn't bother them in any of this. But competition is coming. Maybe it will be crap, maybe it will be good. Hopefully its at least just good enough to draw enough players to send the message this is unacceptable.
    Options
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno why I should be angry.

As PvE player I hardly suffer from bad performance, except slow loading at peak times and an occasional disconnect.
    And there's still really so much to do.

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who got used to ESO+ and are thinking of letting it lapse - just 24 hours without it will convince you to resub - it is just a pain having to do all the inventory and bank management instead to play the game. And what fun it will be, when the inventory of your characters will get cluttered faster than you expect - stuff what would normally go into your crafting bag without you even noticing - without ESO+ it will fill up your inventory and you will have to actually do something to correct the situation, this costs a lot of time and if your bank slots are not brought down to normal size before ESO+ lapses, you will experience what it means if you cannot put anything into your bank and it is pretty hard to get it down to a manageable size when ESO+ has expired. It will be a mess and a burden - just don't do that to yourself.

I made this experience when I returned to ESO - ESO+ not active, bank red - I was used to run my team of characters all with making heavy use of my banker - who was useless, because i could transfer nothing over the bank anymore - then i started to use my chests for the first time - but what tedious thing to transfer anything via those chests - I resubbed at the first opportunity to do so.

It takes a ton of discipline to play ESO without ESO Plus. I do not have it on my second account, so I am well versed with what it takes.

This is one of the reasons why I tend to roll my eyes at the "Hey ZOS, I canceled ESO Plus, so do what I demand of you" postings in here. The pull back to ESO Plus is real. It is why I call this a shallow gesture. It just another form of holding your breath until you get your way.

It is the people in here who say that they had ESO Plus for a while, then dropped it, and their subscription ended, months, or years earlier that carry weight. These are the people who have learned how to really hold their breath, and mean it. They are willing to stick it out until they get what they want.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    This is one of the reasons why I tend to roll my eyes at the "Hey ZOS, I canceled ESO Plus, so do what I demand of you" postings in here. The pull back to ESO Plus is real. It is why I call this a shallow gesture. It just another form of holding your breath until you get your way.

It is the people in here who say that they had ESO Plus for a while, then dropped it, and their subscription ended, months, or years earlier that carry weight. These are the people who have learned how to really hold their breath, and mean it. They are willing to stick it out until they get what they want.

I was in beta, played for a year when you had to sub (until they changed it), and then stopped for four years. I occasionally logged in to get big items, like the psijic house. What sucked me back in was the Jester's festival last year. I bought a Summerset collectors pack key for cheap, and went to town. I wanted to get all of the achievements. I have every event achievement now. Then I wanted to get Grand Master Crafter. I did it, and have almost every motif style filled out. I stayed for Elsweyr, which was fun, but not really worth 50 bucks. What kept me playing was endgame content and PvP. Neither of those things is fun while they are super buggy. Next year's cake furnishing is unlikely to be that big of a draw. Whichever new pet they give away to entice me won't work, as I don't care about pets. I just want my game to work. The two pals I played with five years ago rejoined and leveled new characters.at around the same time I did, since I talked them into it. They stopped playing shortly after the Dragonhold patch because they couldn't deal with the constant combat changes and meta chasing.They laughed when I showed them the PTS heavy attack thing.

We are some of ZOS's consumers, but not all of them. But we are in that small group holding lucrative and busy jobs that are willing to spend crowns to get things done and enjoy ourselves because our leisure time is limited and we have the money to spend on QOL and cosmetics. I have a ton of houses, furnishings, dummies, mundus stones, etc. I have 12 toons, many of which were leveled with skyshard and skill line purchases. All of that was purchased to support my endgame ambitions and sometimes show off in game with vanity items, but it's sunk costs now and looking back, the money spent was not worth the enjoyment I'm currently deriving from my investment.

So, see you again in 4 years maybe. I have a massive Steam backlog with my name on it that is full of highly rated games that work just fine, and my list of IRL friends who play this has dropped to zero. My kids played with me too and they are tired of the bugs, so they unsubbed and got XBox Game Passes instead this month. They are gone as subbers, but my son still logs in to play with me while I'm self isolating since I contracted Covid-19. I have many online pals I met in game who play endgame, but many of them are leaving and moving on to Subnbautica, Borderlands 3, and PUBG.

At the same time, I see new people coming in right now during the free play event, today, to figure out the game. I've been handing out old runeboxes and cheap motifs for free in zone chat, and there are a lot of these people in there right now. I and my little circle will be replaced. Some of these newbies will do some quests and leave. Some will become engaged and stay for a while until they realize how broken and mercurial the game is at the competitive level, but money will be made off of them in the interim. My advice to them: don't trust ZOS to correctly and reliably do what they say they are going to do, and don't think that because you spend money on the game that you are valued and your opinion matters. You're not valued, as a matter of policy. You are just part of a performance metric. Don't trust that the game will eventually evolve and become what you want it to be, because odds are that it won't - there are too many different opinions and expectations to meet and ZOS reacts to broader problems with solutions that undermine many of those expectations, and they implement those solutions incompetently.

None of this really means anything, it is just one story in thousands. if ZOS is hitting performance targets and making money as is, they will continue doing what they are doing now until the consumer trend starts really dropping and by then, it will be too late. This post means nothing to them, because these forums are just one type of marketing and consumer engagement platform, a functional outlet to allow their customers to come and praise or complain. This post is just another one on the pile that represents a small fraction of their vocal consumers. The only thing this post might ever be actually used for is to perhaps be selectively quoted in a narrative that adds color to a comprehensive postmortem presentation deck for the ZOS BOD as they look back and figure out what happened in the wake of the death of the game, which is a shame, because it is fun WHEN IT WORKS.
    Options
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, cancelled. And still haven't pre-ordered Greymoor, in large part because of performance issues. I'm not paying for an "expansion" that is mostly a content patch, very light on new gameplay systems, when the core game is so broken.

I will happily pay for a content patch for a game with fantastic core gameplay. For now I've moved on to playing other games, and I'm sad to say that I'm genuinely more optimistic about Fallout 76's future than ESO's. That's how bad the performance has become.
    Options
  • ACESsiggy
    ACESsiggy
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking about doing it for the vet dungeons and the insta kill bs.
    Options
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of having fun and relaxing playing my favorite game, I am getting stress out. I canceled my SUB and when it is out in a few days, so am I.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The key is to go on hiatus while not subbed. No ESO inventory issues while playing a different game.

I'll always come back to play new zones. But in-between is already a lot of repetition, so why pay to make the repetition less painful, but still repetitive.
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have another solution: I log in to grab the rewards, and then log out. These are not that much so it's manageable, and during free ESO+ trials I can dump everything into the bank again.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

I have another solution: I log in to grab the rewards, and then log out. These are not that much so it's manageable, and during free ESO+ trials I can dump everything into the bank again.

Well, you can just not do it at all then, because you are not even playing - so why store that stuff then?- if you aren't playing you will never use that stuff what you are storing. So why do it at all then?
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant live without craft bag so nope got eso+on both pc and ps4
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

Well, you can just not do it at all then, because you are not even playing - so why store that stuff then?- if you aren't playing you will never use that stuff what you are storing. So why do it at all then?

I intend to play - as soon as the performance is at an acceptable level. Right now it isn't. Plus I'm not interested in consumables, but pets, costumes, mounts.
    Options
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant live without craft bag so nope got eso+on both pc and ps4

Craft bags should be standard by now. A craft bag is necessary, but paying 13 euros for it is a high price.

Pvp players would probably pay too if player v player content was maintained and modernized, I'm sure of it, I would at least.

I see it as a 'whole', not a separate part of ESO.

Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would do BG's too if I were able to play with my friends. I see many doing the 'roulette' system, but that doesn't interest me...even seeing people on Twitch doing it..its kind of sad that we have to find 'work arounds' ourselves instead of being catered for.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    I would do BG's too if I were able to play with my friends. I see many doing the 'roulette' system, but that doesn't interest me...even seeing people on Twitch doing it..its kind of sad that we have to find 'work arounds' ourselves instead of being catered for.

Haha are you even serious - one post above you say 13 bucks are a too high price - and then you want to be catered - [Snip], wanting service for nothing in return.

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 8 April 2020 16:11
    Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »

Haha are you even serious - one post above you say 13 bucks are a too high price - and then you want to be catered - [Snip], wanting service for nothing in return.

[Edited for bait]

Hey Lysette,

I'd pay if it worked properly, it's true :/

Here's a recent image shared by one of my PVE guild friends. Apparently it's VSO (Sanctum of Ophidia) mechanics in Craglorn....

unknown.png

Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumped for visibility.
    Page one for vote.

Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft bag is trivial if you dont play. I pretty much haven't other than patch day to see if it's any better
    Options
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im giving these performance updates a chance and then I will decide if this game is worth it anymore.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
    Options
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts as it violated our rules around trolling and baiting. Please be sure to keep discussions civil and constructive​. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will continue to support this game that I love. There are no other games (rpgmmos) out there that offer what eso does.
    Eso has amazing lore....a rich history surpassed by non.

Eso is stunning and the housing system is unique as is the combat system.

Give them time to make the improvements they need to make. Well i intend to.

You people must like this game better than all the other games out there and there are millions ....or you would not be here still. If it was that unplayable you wouldnt even bother wasting your time on these forums
    Edited by Recent on 15 April 2020 20:53
    Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    I will continue to support this game that I love. There are no other games (rpgmmos) out there that offer what eso does.
    Eso has amazing lore....a rich history surpassed by non.

Eso is stunning and the housing system is unique as is the combat system.

Give them time to make the improvements they need to make. Well i intend to.

You people must like this game better than all the other games out there and there are millions ....or you would not be here still. If it was that unplayable you wouldnt even bother wasting your time on these forums

Because I invested a lot of time and money in this franchise, that's why.
    Options
  • Rhandee235
    Rhandee235
    ✭✭✭
    Cancelled sub.

Jumped into Cyrodiil just now to see what's happening. Big fight at Allessia, looks like fun. Port to Sej, ride up to Allessia. Hmmm, noone is moving. Oh yeah, another crash. Let's go fire off another post in this forum.

[snip]

[edited for advertising other game]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on 16 April 2020 18:05
    Options
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy this game alot, In my experience its a great mix of content and combat, with an added bonus of being in a game universe that I really love! Granted I do not do PvP or Vet Trials on the daily, from my limited experience in Cyrodiil it was not enjoyable, and I could not see myself playing such content primarily. However the main parts of the game I do play I have plenty of fun with, and find 15$ a month to be worth such experiences.
    Options
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am still subbed... kind of hate myself for it though :lol:

What little content I can play (mainly writs at the moment) would be horrible without the craft bag.
    Besides all the surveys are in DLC zones...

I haven't purchased Greymoor and won't until they fix the game at least to a Dragonhold standard.
    I would actually like to though, Skyrim does look really cool!
    If they actually fix performance, as in actually improve it! I will buy a big bloody house right next to solitude :lol:

Anyone else getting a lot of loading screens in open world? Soon I don't think this game will even be able to be played casually.
    Options