The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Eso+ Sub Status (who has cancelled?)

• Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    If this VMA change with weapons goes through, my answer will be changing.

HI Xarran,

I read about that too. It's perhaps a bad decision on their part.

We'll continue the talk in another post for sure.

Freya
    Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, I hope you are well.

Just to let you know and not forget this forum post as I believe it to be a good indicator regarding the satisfaction of ESO customers (I suspect, but may be wrong that many are from PC EU).

We got over 610 votes and 38% of them said to have cancelled ESO +, 20% said they were considering and 40% said they didn't intend to cancel.

This is still a large amount: 58% of people either cancelling or intending to.

The PVP server lags, skills, crashes and bugs issues concerning PC EU and perhaps PC NA ( NA : I don't play there so I cannot speak for them entirely), should really be addressed as soon as possible. Client voices urge you to address current issues before launching new content, please transfer this information in a board meeting if you feel any attachment to your community and the game itself, it would be real proof you guys do your job with passion.

Thank you,

Freya
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPS scores are all the rage now. maybe it is time for one of those polls.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Alendrin
    Alendrin
    ✭✭✭
    With the desyncs going on and no fix or even anything resembling professionalism regarding communication from the company I cancelled and ESO+ has expired. I just don't see a lot of evidence that at the management level (Zos or producer Bethesda) there is the slightest care as to if the product works or not.

With a bit or organization I still do crafting dailies without the craft bag and its fine.
    Options
  • DukeDiewalker
    DukeDiewalker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will just delete or censor any actual critics here on the forums.
    Why would I support such a company any further?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will just delete or censor any actual critics here on the forums.
    Why would I support such a company any further?

I have been plenty critical of ZOS and they have never come talk to me about it. I only seem to get censored when my reply includes something someone else said that I left in. It is not what you say, it is how you say it. You can get your point across without tearing up the ToS, burning it, then peeing on it.
    Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

From the votes on the poll (only 610 keep in mind, but it's a fair bit considering the users actually on ESO forum), I'd say a lot of us are currently passives or detractors if you want to speak in those terms.
    Passives (score 7-8) are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers who are vulnerable to competitive offerings.
    Detractors (score 0-6) are unhappy customers who can damage your brand and impede growth through negative word-of-mouth.
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »

From the votes on the poll (only 610 keep in mind, but it's a fair bit considering the users actually on ESO forum), I'd say a lot of us are currently passives or detractors if you want to speak in those terms.
    Passives (score 7-8) are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers who are vulnerable to competitive offerings.
    Detractors (score 0-6) are unhappy customers who can damage your brand and impede growth through negative word-of-mouth.

Out of those 600 votes, 60% still have an active sub lol.
    Options
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand these polls. Why does anyone care if others quit and why should I care if others do? Its not like we're feeling bad or something.
    Options
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashed 4 times PvEing tonight and still had a blast. Not sure how such a buggy game is so much fun to play. My 3 month sub is up in May and I will be renewing for 3 more months, both my wife and I.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RD065 wrote: »
    I don't understand these polls. Why does anyone care if others quit and why should I care if others do? Its not like we're feeling bad or something.

Social Media Disease. One must do what everyone else does, otherwise they are lost and directionless. The end up terrified that they might make the wrong decision. They have nightmares about decisions they make distancing them in the hip and poplar crowd. Polls help comfort and guide people. :smile:

That, and then we have this thread, where we hope ZOS will take note. :smile:

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Elsonso on 24 April 2020 17:38
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agendas. I've been playing RPGs since 1985.... there is always an agenda. In this case, I would guess that the OP has some background thing that means dollars in some way. Maybe being paid by a game that's not doing well compared to ESO? Dunno, but hey. My conspiracy theory is at least as good as the OPs.

For the record, I have zero issues playing this game, on either mega server. Caveat: I don't play group content (as satellite is my only connect option, and it's CRAP compared to "real broadband" so I'm not dragging 3 others into the sewers of lag), and I will never bother with pvp or other "endgame" stuff.
    Options
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not blame the devs, most of these issues are caused by this exceptional surge of players.
    I've seen the game run flawlessly in a few instances, (when people couldn't log in from steam for example).
    The issues are seriously getting in the way of our progression in trials etc... But it's only a few months. I have a 12 months subscription. I don't see the point of canceling it...
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
    Options
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Agendas.

In this case, I do believe you are correct.
    OP attempts to make it seem like they're looking for balanced input with the opening post, but if anyone comments that they aren't canceling their subscription, they get lectured by the OP on the supposed error of their ways.
    OP really just wants to hear from the folks who hold their same opinion and have canceled.

Also, dragging this up yesterday from 10+ pages back in the listing (it was near the end of page 10 on Tuesday) was silly.
    If something slips that far back, there's a reason; people have moved on. And there are way more than enough disgruntled posts on the front few pages to give ZOS a pretty good idea of where the mood of the community is at the moment.

Edited by bearbelly on 24 April 2020 09:28
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you are right about 1 thing. People have moved on. A lot that dont want to.
    Options
  • Carylas
    Carylas
    ✭✭✭
    My 3-month sub will be renewed with a 6-month sub at the end of April. Connection problems, crashes, etc. are bothersome, yes. But I still enjoy the game regardless.
    Options
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

Just to let you know and not forget this forum post as I believe it to be a good indicator regarding the satisfaction of ESO customers (I suspect, but may be wrong that many are from PC EU).

We got over 610 votes and 38% of them said to have cancelled ESO +, 20% said they were considering and 40% said they didn't intend to cancel.

The PVP server lags, skills, crashes and bugs issues concerning PC EU and perhaps PC NA ( NA : I don't play there so I cannot speak for them entirely), should really be addressed as soon as possible. Client voices urge you to address current issues before launching new content, please transfer this information in a board meeting if you feel any attachment to your community and the game itself, it would be real proof you guys do your job with passion.

Thank you,

Freya

Those percentages are based on the forum population, which is arguably the population ZOS is least concerned with than any other. I would imagine this sample size has hardly any correlation to the full population of the game.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRCOURTN wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thank you,

Freya

Those percentages are based on the forum population, which is arguably the population ZOS is least concerned with than any other. I would imagine this sample size has hardly any correlation to the full population of the game.

That, and there is no risk to canceling. We can cancel every other day and subscribe in the days between. It is a decision point that carries no weight because the effort is almost as trivial to subscribe as it is to cancel.

This is why I made a joke in another thread wondering whether the players who unsubscribed over VMA would need to subscribe to ESO Plus just so they could unsubscribe over something else in the 6.0.0 patch notes. When people are upset around here, the first thing they do is "unsubscribe". The teeth got pulled out of that tiger a long time ago.

For it to count for anything, the subscription has to actually end, and it has to stay ended until the situation changes or you can decide to live with it. Even then, it is pebbles talking. For ZOS to notice, there has to be an avalanche.

Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Social Media Disease. One must do what everyone else does, otherwise they are lost and directionless. The end up terrified that they might make the wrong decision. They have nightmares about decisions they make distancing them in the hip and poplar crowd. Polls help comfort and guide people. :smile:

That, and we hope ZOS will take note. :smile:

Hi Elsonso,

I'm starting to believe you want to trigger a reaction out of me ;)

As a general reply to this and the following posts. It's a legitimate feeling of discontent in regards to performance and of course the underlying truth is that PVP isn't working as intended during the time slots where we should be able to play.
    I don't believe to have social media disease and I am rarely/never using it and I certainly don't promote the game on twitter, but I will promote raids and trials if there is a player base and interest (in game or through discord). I have never used this forum as much as I have in these past few months.

To conclude I think I'm the opposite of what you state - not a follower more of a whistle blower concerning game breaking issues.

Anyway back to the matter at hand -> The game, not me.
    Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Agendas.

In this case, I do believe you are correct.
    OP attempts to make it seem like they're looking for balanced input with the opening post, but if anyone comments that they aren't canceling their subscription, they get lectured by the OP on the supposed error of their ways.
    OP really just wants to hear from the folks who hold their same opinion and have canceled.

Also, dragging this up yesterday from 10+ pages back in the listing (it was near the end of page 10 on Tuesday) was silly.
    If something slips that far back, there's a reason; people have moved on. And there are way more than enough disgruntled posts on the front few pages to give ZOS a pretty good idea of where the mood of the community is at the moment.

Hi Bearbelly,

I think I've been quite understanding in my replies and get people's interests in the game and it is always interesting to know their play style and on which server they are from as it's important information to get the correct context. I haven't hidden my own opinions it's true and many share it, but they either don't voice it or they do in the incorrect manner and get called 'trolls'.

The subject was brought back with a tag to our two community managers so that it isn't forgotten in hopes of improvement along the line. Eso+ came out for free for a week's period and VMA/VDSA changes were announced, so of course this was going to get drowned out.

Freya
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on 24 April 2020 17:05
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

I am curious to know how many of you have cancelled your Eso+ subscriptions in light of the crashes/lags/bugs and desynchs we have been experiencing now for over 2 months.
    It is not to bait or troll, so please keep your wording polite and keep your discussions for other posts which relate to the matter(s).
    I would like to get a general idea of how the player is feeling at the moment through this voting poll.

Freya

I don't have a subscription currently but whenever I want one I get it and just cancel before the month is over.

You get your money back and get to keep the crowns. The only reason I'm not doing it right now is because the game isn't worth that much effort.
    Edited by brandonv516 on 24 April 2020 17:03
    Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

I am curious to know how many of you have cancelled your Eso+ subscriptions in light of the crashes/lags/bugs and desynchs we have been experiencing now for over 2 months.
    It is not to bait or troll, so please keep your wording polite and keep your discussions for other posts which relate to the matter(s).
    I would like to get a general idea of how the player is feeling at the moment through this voting poll.

Freya

I don't have a subscription currently but whenever I want one I get it and just cancel before the month is over.

You get your money back and get to keep the crowns. The only reason I'm not doing it right now is because the game isn't worth that much effort.

Hi Brandon,

I've heard this method before (from someone here), but you still end up paying 12+euros/15 dollars for a month of gameplay for something that doesn't work properly, crowns or no crowns.

I'd like the game to be worth the effort, honestly and I'd have a reoccurring subscription.

Freya
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Elsonso,

As a general reply to this and the following posts. It's a legitimate feeling of discontent in regards to performance and of course the underlying truth is that PVP isn't working as intended during the time slots where we should be able to play.
    I don't believe to have social media disease and I am rarely/never using it and I certainly don't promote the game on twitter, but I will promote raids and trials if there is a player base and interest (in game or through discord). I have never used this forum as much as I have in these past few months.

To conclude I think I'm the opposite of what you state - not a follower more of a whistle blower concerning game breaking issues.

I see quite a few "how many people agree with me" polls around here. You can usually tell them because, somewhere in the first 10 responses, the word "biased" will appear. That was the first part of the answer.

This thread is more about the second part, I think.
    Edited by Elsonso on 24 April 2020 17:43
    Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That, and we hope ZOS will take note. :smile:

Hi Elsonso,

I see quite a few "how many people agree with me" polls around here. You can usually tell them because, somewhere in the first 10 responses, the word "biased" will appear. That was the first part of the answer.

This thread is more about the second part, I think.

Yep you are absolutely right, it is. I'm not hiding it and it was mentioned before. But avoid nasty labels please I know you hate them yourself :)
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep you are absolutely right, it is. I'm not hiding it and it was mentioned before.

Right, which is why that part is in my original response. I sort of assumed that the phrasing would be clear that I was talking about polls in general, and then this thread, but sometimes things get lost.

(Edited original for clarity, not that it matters, since it has been quoted six ways from Sunday)
    Edited by Elsonso on 24 April 2020 17:41
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

I hope you are well.

Thank you,

Freya

@Youyouz06

I am sure zos appreciate you tagging them on this informative thread. However, Zos has a more significant and much more accurate gauge of these types of things via their revenue stream. They also have the real number of subscribers and who has dropped. A thread like this that cannot come close to being as accurate is not much help to them.
    Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Hi there,

I hope you are well.

Thank you,

Freya

@Youyouz06

I am sure zos appreciate you tagging them on this informative thread. However, Zos has a more significant and much more accurate gauge of these types of things via their revenue stream. They also have the real number of subscribers and who has dropped. A thread like this that cannot come close to being as accurate is not much help to them.

Hey Idk,

I know, we spoke of this before and I realise this, but statistics don't have a voice we are hoomans (wants to be hooman) :)

Freya
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

I hope you are well.

Thank you,

Freya

Hey Idk,

I know, we spoke of this before and I realise this, but statistics don't have a voice we are hoomans (wants to be hooman) :)

Freya

You were pretty much stating that those 610 votes are meaningful. I was merely pointed out they were not and the fact that Zos has a much more accurate poll that is truly meaningful. BTW, Zos had to add more capacity to the PC/EU server yet again due to population growth.

Further, the forum is full of voices. Some of them are constructive and some of them just pointless rants that are not worth listening to. I do not see much constructive feedback in this thread.
    Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

I hope you are well.

Thank you,

Freya

Hey Idk,

Freya

You were pretty much stating that those 610 votes are meaningful. I was merely pointed out they were not and the fact that Zos has a much more accurate poll that is truly meaningful. BTW, Zos had to add more capacity to the PC/EU server yet again due to population growth.

Further, the forum is full of voices. Some of them are constructive and some of them just pointless rants that are not worth listening to. I do not see much constructive feedback in this thread.

I stated that we had over 610 votes (mixed opinions and the percentages were re-posted), how can we give more feedback than there already has/is/been given?

'Hey Zos, Zos do you copy?...it's lagging severly here we are losing our colonies..do you copy?'...
    'bbbbbssssssst' *radio silence*

The preparations for more server capacity (I believe that was what is was) hasn't changed anything for us on PC EU PVP, it's still in the same pitiful shape (I'm on as we speak).
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

I hope you are well.

Thank you,

Freya

Hey Idk,

Freya

I stated that we had over 610 votes (mixed opinions and the percentages were re-posted), how can we give more feedback than there already has/is/been given?

'Hey Zos, Zos do you copy?...it's lagging severly here we are losing our colonies..do you copy?'...
    'bbbbbssssssst' *radio silence*

The preparations for more server capacity (I believe that was what is was) hasn't changed anything for us on PC EU PVP, it's still in the same pitiful shape (I'm on as we speak).

Of course, the work done this week on PC/EU was for server capacity which is due to population growth (more players). That goes hand in hand and has an effect on server performance.

Also, it seems rather clear that Zos has heard the issues about server performance. There is a pinned thread concerning their ongoing work to try to improve this. That makes it kind of obvious even if their work so far is not panning out as planned.

Your poll says that 38% of players have canceled their subscriptions. A few have commented in the thread but most of those poll votes do not give any indication when they canceled their sub or why making that information pretty meaningless, even for a forum poll. If you cannot explain that 38%, other than they quit their subscription sometimes in the last 6 years, then it is pretty meaningless. Zos has every reason to move on from this poll as it brings no actual useful information to the table.

Edited by idk on 24 April 2020 19:10
    Options