Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now available.

Do not touch siphoning attacks!!

makkon
makkon
✭✭✭
Topic say enough.
You can decrease it back to 2% but remove damage reduction instead. 22% is way too much for no dps character

add
I can also suggest
1) make it active buff like surge heal
2) add this http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/814970#Comment_814970
3) change effects:
siphoning strikes:
whatever you want

leeching strikes morph:
While toggled, basic light weapon attacks restore 2-3% Magicka, Health, and Stamina and 6-10% Health on heavy attack (depend on how you loaded it). also, if each basic weapon attack add bleeding effect (X damage in Y sec). Effect can stack up to 5.
Pasively decrease spell damage by 10-15%

siphoning attacks:
While toggled, every attacks (spells included) restore 1% Magicka, Health, and Stamina and have a chance (lets say 5-10%) to cause X magic damage on hit.
Pasively decrease spell damage and weapon damage by 10%
4) you can also make this toggle as pure leeching - steal 1-2% of HP, MP, STA on hit (for leeching strikes) and on spell (for siphoning attacks) from enemy (with cap ofc for bosses)
5) you can make this toggle as traditional leeching like X% of weapon damage or spelldamage return as stats or just from damage like surge heal works.
Edited by makkon on 4 June 2014 15:58
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    Since Stamina = garbage, NB only has Magicka to do damage. Even with warlocks/2.2k MP/alch & NB passives and only chugging Mp pots on CD ... you still need Siphoning to keep DPS up.

-22% is unacceptable for the proposed change.

You need to change it back to only affecting Light/Heavy for regen or for penalty.

The morphs then choose whether you want it to potentially proc off other attacks, or add HP leech. There should be no 'extra' changes beyond the benefits to a morph

Do you guys even play NB
    Options
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    Since Stamina = garbage, NB only has Magicka to do damage. Even with warlocks/2.2k MP/alch & NB passives and only chugging Mp pots on CD ... you still need Siphoning to keep DPS up.

-22% is unacceptable for the proposed change.

You need to change it back to only affecting Light/Heavy for regen or for penalty.

The morphs then choose whether you want it to potentially proc off other attacks, or add HP leech. There should be no 'extra' changes beyond the benefits to a morph

Do you guys even play NB

wow.. do you guys even play other classes than NB? do you know how awesome this skill is?

temps have the absolute SAME issues but don´t have a 2% magicka leech (which also gives life and stamina, *** me) build in. temps need to get along with the magicka they have and don´t have ONE skill that would give back magicka (rune circle morph.. yes.. it gives you 20 magicka + after 20 seconds = 1 magicka a second)

comon.. stop whining, really..

this is so hilarious.
    Since Stamina = garbage, NB only has Magicka to do damage.

like every other class? .. but NB need the imba magicka regeneration

Actually the 22% dmg reduction is way to low for the sustain that this abillity offers.

Edited by Mephos on 4 June 2014 15:16
    Options
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    with templars go whine in your own topics plz. here is my opinion on critical changes with nb class. ZOS want customers opinions about changes - here is it.

do not forget about 2 slot lose + 22% damage lose everall to use this skill.

I can also suggest
    1) make it active buff like surge heal
    2) add this http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/814970#Comment_814970
    3) change effects:
    siphoning strikes:
    whatever you want

leeching strikes morph:
    While toggled, basic light weapon attacks restore 2-3% Magicka, Health, and Stamina and 6-10% Health on heavy attack (depend on how you loaded it). also, if each basic weapon attack add bleeding effect (X damage in Y sec). Effect can stack up to 5.
    Pasively decrease spell damage by 10-15%

siphoning attacks:
    While toggled, every attacks (spells included) restore 1% Magicka, Health, and Stamina and have a chance (lets say 5-10%) to cause X magic damage on hit.
    Pasively decrease spell damage and weapon damage by 10%
    4) you can also make this toggle as pure leeching - steal 1-2% of HP, MP, STA on hit (for leeching strikes) and on spell (for siphoning attacks) from enemy (with cap ofc for bosses)
    5) you can make this toggle as traditional leeching like X% of weapon damage or spelldamage return as stats or just from damage like surge heal works.

or do not touch it ofc >:)
    Options
  • Il_Palazzo
    Il_Palazzo
    Soul Shriven
    before: lose dps, lose a slot, get awesome resource regen
    after: lose dps, lose a slot, get questionable resource regen (again, no numbers in the patch notes - awesome)

problem?

yes :|

If the change is 4% to 3%, halve the dps loss (we are still expending a slot)
    If the change is 4% to 2% or less, just rework the whole skill instead of giving us another useless black hole in the skill tree

Again, if stamina was viable, this skill could lead to interesting hybrid builds. Again, if only...
    Options
  • stevenpotter321b14_ESO
    Well, for magicka and stamina, the skill is hit and miss(for health its terrible unless you exploit invis as a melee). There are times when you get awesome recovery due to multiple triggers of the enhanced recovery, then there are the times you get stuck with the crappy 4%. It should be equalized a bit first so that it isn't so whimsical, then adjusted as needed.
    Edited by stevenpotter321b14_ESO on 4 June 2014 16:53
    Options
  • Gecko
    Gecko
    ✭✭
    It does 2.5% return on live anyway. The tooltip has always been wrong. They are pretty much just fixing the tooltip to be accurate.
    Options
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew Devs were going to do this to NightBlades. Its to fix the imbalance between Magicka/Stamina.

Here is how I see the system REALLY quick.

Magicka = High Damage Low Sustainment IE RUNNING OUT OF MAGICKA

Stamina = Standard Damage HIGH Sustainment IE Stamina focuses a LOT on Light/Heavy attack for damage source.

When a Magicka user runs out of Magicka their Light/Heavy Attacks SUCK compared to that of a Stamina users.

Stamina users ALSO benefit from increased survivability Block, Dodge, Stun. Also if you look ALL classes have Magicka based abilities that assist Stamina builds as they DO NOT scale based on points in Magicka.

Stamina Hotbar abilities seem to be mostly utility and some burst damage. The burst damage will typically be lower than the burst of a Magicka users.
    Options
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »

Stamina users ALSO benefit from increased survivability Block, Dodge, Stun. Also if you look ALL classes have Magicka based abilities that assist Stamina builds as they DO NOT scale based on points in Magicka.

Except that is actually the complete opposite. In theory "more stamina means more defense" but that is complete bull. Stamina builds USE stamina for attacking therefore they have a slightly higher pool to pull from but the amount they have for defense is way smaller since it's been blown on attacks.

Magicka builds use 0 stamina for attacking therefore have their entire bar for defense. Stamina users cannot use their Magicka bar for that kind of defense. When I can break CC using Magicka or do a short teleport instead of a roll using Magicka or create a magical barrier instead of putting up a shield THEN talk to me about Stamina users benefit from increased survivability.

Anyways, back to the OP I can't believe they didn't up the Life steal to 4% and are lowering everything else ontop of that. This skill gave a huge DPS loss as is and now it's going to be even worse. But we all know NBs need to be balanced because we are all so incredibly OP with our uber deeps....
    Edited by smercgames_ESO on 4 June 2014 19:56
    Options
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Screwed that up

Edited by smercgames_ESO on 4 June 2014 19:56
    Options
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except that is actually the complete opposite. In theory "more stamina means more defense" but that is complete bull. Stamina builds USE stamina for attacking therefore although they have a slightly higher pool to pull from the amount they have for defense is way smaller since it's been blown on attacks.

Magicka builds use 0 stamina for attacking therefore have their entire bar for defense. Stamina users cannot use their Magicka bar for that kind of defense. When I can break CC using Magicka or do a short teleport instead of a roll using Magicka or create a magical barrier instead of putting up a shield THEN talk to me about Stamina users benefit from increased survivability.

Anyways, back to the OP I can't believe they didn't up the Life steal to 4% and are lowering everything else ontop of that. This skill gave a huge DPS loss as is and now it's going to be even worse. But we all know NBs need to be balanced because we are all so incredibly OP with our uber deeps....

Actually a Stamina users Light/Heavy Attacks are the main source of their damage.

Stamina users ALSO have the benefit of having Magicka based abilities. SOME are even good without even placing ANY points into Magicka.
    Edited by Shaun98ca2 on 4 June 2014 19:59
    Options
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Except that is actually the complete opposite. In theory "more stamina means more defense" but that is complete bull. Stamina builds USE stamina for attacking therefore although they have a slightly higher pool to pull from the amount they have for defense is way smaller since it's been blown on attacks.

Actually a Stamina users Light/Heavy Attacks are the main source of their damage.

Stamina users ALSO have the benefit of having Magicka based abilities. SOME are even good without even placing ANY points into Magicka.

Anyone who thinks their Light/Heavy attacks are the main source of their dmg is probably still level 5. The main source of anyones damage are their abilities. Both weave light attacks with animation canceling between their skills which is actually what makes Siphoning Strikes any good. Holding in Heavy attack isn't going to win me any DPS races. Plus it's dumb that light attacks give the same regen as Heavy.

If they fix animation canceling this skill will be worthless. As it is now it's borderline due to the extreme loss in damage, any nerf to it would just gimp NBs even more who already have it rough.
    Options
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone who thinks their Light/Heavy attacks are the main source of their dmg is probably still level 5. The main source of anyones damage are their abilities. Both weave light attacks with animation canceling between their skills which is actually what makes Siphoning Strikes any good. Holding in Heavy attack isn't going to win me any DPS races. Plus it's dumb that light attacks give the same regen as Heavy.

If they fix animation canceling this skill will be worthless. As it is now it's borderline due to the extreme loss in damage, any nerf to it would just gimp NBs even more who already have it rough.

Well lets look at some of the current facts.

Stamina increases ALL Light/Heavy Attack Damage including Staffs.

Stamina brings more Block, Dodge, Stun/Interrupting.

When you run outta Stamina you still have the benefit of your increased damage of your Light/Heavy Attacks.

Most Stamina based abilities look to be more utility than damage. Yes some give a burst of damage but nothing close to a Magicka users damage burst.

IF you take the concept of "Resource Management" IE "Endless Magicka" OUT of the picture then what you have is...

Magicka has High Damage but when the Magicka runs out their damage drops off the map (this why Magicka doesn't affect Staff's Light/Heavy Attacks). This is how the balance between Magicka and Stamina looks to be.

Magicka High Damage Low Sustainment. No Magicka LOW damage.
    Stamina Standard Damage High Sustainment. No Stamina DPS Standard.
    Options
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Might have a bit more truth to that in dungeons but I'm a PvP player which is basically all about burst which is annoying but it is what it is.. so Stamina build = suck and Magicka build = far superior. So we shall just have to agree to disagree on that one because doing 5 more dmg per light attack ain't gonna win you the battle and I've seen sorcs nuke all day using streak which slows down their magicka regen and basically never run out of ammo while still being able to CC break and block things that come their way.
    Options
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    Gecko wrote: »
    It does 2.5% return on live anyway. The tooltip has always been wrong. They are pretty much just fixing the tooltip to be accurate.

don´t tell them, no one will believe you.. its 4% all the time, they just screw NB over again.. xD

guys.. serious, they just fix the tool tip so get over it.

Options
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭

Well lets look at some of the current facts.

Stamina increases ALL Light/Heavy Attack Damage including Staffs.

Stamina brings more Block, Dodge, Stun/Interrupting.

When you run outta Stamina you still have the benefit of your increased damage of your Light/Heavy Attacks.

Most Stamina based abilities look to be more utility than damage. Yes some give a burst of damage but nothing close to a Magicka users damage burst.

IF you take the concept of "Resource Management" IE "Endless Magicka" OUT of the picture then what you have is...

Magicka has High Damage but when the Magicka runs out their damage drops off the map (this why Magicka doesn't affect Staff's Light/Heavy Attacks). This is how the balance between Magicka and Stamina looks to be.

Magicka High Damage Low Sustainment. No Magicka LOW damage.
    Stamina Standard Damage High Sustainment. No Stamina DPS Standard.

Magicka has more dps, utility and survivability right now.... and if siphoning strikes is getting nerfed for mana regen then where is warlock nerf? Sorcs can regen their mana in between casts of crystal shards and out dps a bow/2hr/dw ... stamina has literally not one advantage for dps, bow light attacks brine just over 120dps at vet10, it isnt dps it is a gap filler..
    Options
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭

Magicka has more dps, utility and survivability right now.... and if siphoning strikes is getting nerfed for mana regen then where is warlock nerf? Sorcs can regen their mana in between casts of crystal shards and out dps a bow/2hr/dw ... stamina has literally not one advantage for dps, bow light attacks brine just over 120dps at vet10, it isnt dps it is a gap filler..

It'd be the end of my NB if warlock was nerfed.. Seriously it's one of the things that makes my NB slightly competitive. Stam is useless so I have it on zero and decided to point those points towards magicka + enchant my armor for more.

With the warlock set, my survivability is pretty good. I'm squishy cause of med armor, so I need my magicka regen to be pretty solid so I can cloak up and gtfo tight situations.

A warlock nerf would further ruin my build.

Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
    Options
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭

It'd be the end of my NB if warlock was nerfed.. Seriously it's one of the things that makes my NB slightly competitive. Stam is useless so I have it on zero and decided to point those points towards magicka + enchant my armor for more.

With the warlock set, my survivability is pretty good. I'm squishy cause of med armor, so I need my magicka regen to be pretty solid so I can cloak up and gtfo tight situations.

A warlock nerf would further ruin my build.

Thats what im saying, I run warlock too and I shouldn't have to hahaaha
    Options
  • OkieDokie
    OkieDokie
    ✭✭✭
    There is no need for damage reduction in a class begging for competitive dps. It just does not make sense.
    People keep saying they heard of a friend of friend of friend of their neighbors that plays a NB and can catch up with dks and sorcs and this guy just never shows up. He would be a rock star if he existed.
    Options
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭

You DO know I hope that probs at LEAST 50% of the player population has absolutely no idea what animation cancelation even is, and certainly are not using it to weave higher/max obtainable dps.

This is anecdotal of course, but I and a friend asked for weeks and weeks and weeks when we first started and literally everyone for allll those weeks had no idea what it was. I found a vet Beta player who discussed it with us finally and we practiced it. I bring it up now and again with other players still, and most have never heard of it and/or can't really understand or just outright disregard the topic.

Options
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Anastasia wrote: »

You DO know I hope that probs at LEAST 50% of the player population has absolutely no idea what animation cancelation even is, and certainly are not using it to weave higher/max obtainable dps.

This is anecdotal of course, but I and a friend asked for weeks and weeks and weeks when we first started and literally everyone for allll those weeks had no idea what it was. I found a vet Beta player who discussed it with us finally and we practiced it. I bring it up now and again with other players still, and most have never heard of it and/or can't really understand or just outright disregard the topic.

Well that sucks if people have no clue what it is. I really do not understand how people do not do any research on their games considering how easy it is to run a darn google search and find practically every secret about the game. There are even certain combinations you can do that somehow speed up your autoattacks. I've noticed that with DW if I can charge up a full heavy attack and quickly spam a light attack and then cancel that with a skill I can get all 3 to practically hit at the same time. I know someone posted a while back about 2H timings to make their swings come out faster.

I have noticed that animation canceling sometimes really fails on Mark Target though. I will see the debuff on the mob but the skill actually never goes off and my magicka stays untouched. It can easily be recreated by trying to cast Mark while charging up Snipe. Not sure if it's a problem on the games side or my addons.
    Options
  • dracobains_ESO
    dracobains_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I would like to know about animation canceling is if it was by design or flawed implementation? It just seems like a clunky load of garbage. Part of the enjoyment should be cool animations and yet to do any decent damage everyone does their best to eliminate them. So was this designed to be this way?
    IRONCLAD of Ebonheart Pact
    We don't have popularity contests because we believe it is better to be Feared than Loved.
    Options
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the current setup there is kind of a reason for non-competitive trials teams to take a NB if they can't find a DK or Sorc to fill the slot. For competitive teams they take maybe one NB max who usually just heals and drops Veil of Blades. If you lower NB regen ability our DPS is going to be so low there will be no reason to even consider bringing one and they will just wait for a DK or Sorc for the trials team.
    Options
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭

When a Magicka user runs out of Magicka their Light/Heavy Attacks SUCK compared to that of a Stamina users.

This would be wrong. Dual wield at VR 7 with siphoning attacks on does 70-103 damage depending on crit. The healing restore staff does the same. However the DESTRUCTION staff, does 300damage heavy attacks with the easiest reaching of heavy attack status ever.
    Options
  • Aedh
    Aedh
    ✭✭✭
    I took a look on the PTS.

Leeching Strikes gives 2% health and 3% magicka/stamina per light/heavy attack. Still 10% chance to gain 15% mag/stam with light/heavy attacks.

Siphoning Attacks gives 3% magicka/stamina per light/heavy attack, and has a 10% chance to give 15% mag/stam with any attack.

Both morphs retain the 22% debuff to weapon damage and spell power.
    Options
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    Aedh wrote: »
    I took a look on the PTS.

Leeching Strikes gives 2% health and 3% magicka/stamina per light/heavy attack. Still 10% chance to gain 15% mag/stam with light/heavy attacks.

Siphoning Attacks gives 3% magicka/stamina per light/heavy attack, and has a 10% chance to give 15% mag/stam with any attack.

Both morphs retain the 22% debuff to weapon damage and spell power.

AT this point, there is no reason to invest into Leeching Strikes over Siphoning Attacks Morph. 2% health is no way greater then the ability to have -ALL- attacks the 10% chance to restore mag/stam.

If they wish to keep the 2% health on light and heavy, then the following needs to be changed to empower it enough to use.

"Leeching Strikes gives 2% health and 3% magicka/stamina per light/heavy attack. 10% chance to gain 10% health and 15% mag/stam with light/heavy attacks"

Honestly tho, I would rather see something like this...
    "Leeching Strikes gives 2% health and 3% magicka/stamina per light attack, 4% health and 6% magicka/stamina per heavy attack. 10% chance to gain 10% health and 15% mag/stam with light/heavy attacks"

Final Note: Atm the Imperial Racial Passive: Red Diamond heals more then a class skill which needs 2 skill points, 1 Ability Slot, and -22% Magic and Melee damage. This is not acceptable.
    Edited by Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO on 5 June 2014 19:22
    Options
  • siuolly
    siuolly
    ✭✭✭
    Wait.. their patch note says:

Siphoning Strikes: This ability now restores slightly less resources, and will no longer desync your resource bars upon use.

Siphoning strikes is before the morph.. so less recources (plural)... meaning restoring magicka and stimina are affected before and after the morph? Whatever it restore now on live, the restoring magicka, stimina and health will be less in patch 1.2. Am I missing something or the patch note is just really out of wack!
    Options
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    siuolly wrote: »
    Wait.. their patch note says:

Siphoning Strikes: This ability now restores slightly less resources, and will no longer desync your resource bars upon use.

Siphoning strikes is before the morph.. so less recources (plural)... meaning restoring magicka and stimina are affected before and after the morph? Whatever it restore now on live, the restoring magicka, stimina and health will be less in patch 1.2. Am I missing something or the patch note is just really out of wack!

Read posts above, those are the correct values of mag/stam currently on PTS.

Current Live:
    Siphoning Strikes: 4% mag/Stam on light/heavy
    Leeching Strikes: 4% mag/stam and 4%(2.4%) health (tooltip error).

PTS:
    Siphoning Strikes: 3% mag/stam on light/heavy
    Leeching Strikes: 3% mag/stam and 2% health.
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephos wrote: »
    temps need to get along with the magicka they have and don´t have ONE skill that would give back magicka (rune circle morph.. yes.. it gives you 20 magicka + after 20 seconds = 1 magicka a second)

It is 5 magicka every .5 seconds = 10 magicka/second. It is like getting an extra 20 added to your regen stat (since that ticks every 2 seconds) But it does not add it to your magicka regen stat, since it does not show on your stat sheet. (ie it ignores the cap)

Just sayin'

Unfortunately due to the fact that you have to stand in a 5m circle it makes it pretty tough to use.
    Options
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    guys. this topic is about siphoning strikes. not about how bad stamina build is.

to clear situation. I know
    1) what is annimation cancelling
    2) how to reach 500-600 pure single targe dps under siphoning strikes without destro stave
    3) I have no problem with nb since start
    4) I know mechanic of both - leeching and siphoning and how many resources it return

you can also login to PTS and check out how they nerf it
    leeching from 2.5%hp, 4%sta/mp down to 2% and 3% (10% chance to return 15% is still there)
    siphoning from 4% down to 3% (10% chance to return 15% is still there)

imo - useless with current using mechanic and 22% damage reduction. probably also useless for min/maxers even now.
    why? ok, lets see. we have no self buff for weapon damage to reach single dps like sorcs.
    yes, their surge heal + weapon enchantments on neck/rings - OP, they can reach over 190 weapon damage and crit 600+ from light attack even without stamina builds. destro stave ~ 1k sustain single target dps).

mana regen from elemental drain and siphon spirit is better than overall profit from siphoning attacks .
    so, I do not see any reason to nerf already low spell. I see reason to do not touch it or rework this skill
    Edited by makkon on 6 June 2014 06:21
    Options