Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Respec: suggestions

Halrloprillalar
Halrloprillalar
✭✭✭✭✭
So I think it is safe to say that the current system for spec adjustment via a complete skill point refund was a poor design choice*

Why?

Say I am not happy with the morph of a specific ability that was working fine for some levels/content but I no longer like and want to respec.

Say I happen to be VR8

Refunding ALL skill points for just ONE or two morphs (something like 20k) is absurd. If you want people to try new specs, experiment and have fluid gameplay, this template needs to be changed.

Suggestions:
1) Have people respec one skill tree at a time. Slight step in the right direction, still annoying but vastly cheaper.

2) Give the ability to respec/remorph a single ability for a much greater cost (say 3-5k). Or start low and increase with each successive respec within a time period.

3) Allow people to buy BOTH morphs of a skill for a steep price (say 10k), and allow switching between them (out of combat).

*Attributes and the way their respec works is fine IMO.
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    i cannot afford to respec my templar from tank to healer because i don't have 20,000 gold and im not grinding for days in cold harbour to get that money either who knows what will get nerfed next between templars and nightblades we have nerf bat homing signals and s.h.i.t its complete lunacy
    Edited by fyrefenix on 28 May 2014 21:43
    Natjur ✭✭✭
    4:24PM
    There is currently only two classes in this game, DK and Sorcs.
    Templar's and NB are just 'extras' that have not been removed yet.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the whole thing should be based on your level. I think it should be a respec of each skill line.

Low level players have no money, yet this is a great time to play around with your character to learn what you like.

I would say for the first 10 levels, there is no or very little charge for a full respec.

10-19 =100 gold per skill line
    20-29 =200 gold per skill line
    30-39 =300 gold per skill line
    40-49 =400 gold per skill line
    V1+ =1000 gold per skill line

• wafffllesss
    wafffllesss
    ✭✭✭
    I would enjoy the first option.
  • Kulrig
    Kulrig
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat regarding a few skill choices. Finding out that certain morphs don't work the way I thought they would really irks me, because in order to change that one skill I have to dump almost my entire gold supply and repurchase almost every skill the exact way it was except for the one or two disappointments. That's a steep cost to undo a single choice.

While I do like the first suggestion, I offer another; allow us to buy both morphs at the cost of another skill point. In total it would be three skill points; one for the base skill, and one for each morph. The morphs would likely have to be mutually exclusive on the same bar in order to prevent some abuse, namely sorcs having four minions at once (though that would be fun >:D). This would allow for the skills with two morphs that are each useful in a different way to be changeable as we see fit, and for the morphs that aren't what we thought they'd be at all we're not stuck with something we don't like until we can afford to fix that one single skill.
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kulrig wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat regarding a few skill choices. Finding out that certain morphs don't work the way I thought they would really irks me, because in order to change that one skill I have to dump almost my entire gold supply and repurchase almost every skill the exact way it was except for the one or two disappointments. That's a steep cost to undo a single choice.

While I do like the first suggestion, I offer another; allow us to buy both morphs at the cost of another skill point. In total it would be three skill points; one for the base skill, and one for each morph. The morphs would likely have to be mutually exclusive on the same bar in order to prevent some abuse, namely sorcs having four minions at once (though that would be fun >:D). This would allow for the skills with two morphs that are each useful in a different way to be changeable as we see fit, and for the morphs that aren't what we thought they'd be at all we're not stuck with something we don't like until we can afford to fix that one single skill.

yea that's kind of where I was leaning with option 3. It's not the skill point shortage that most people (after a certain level) find bothersome, it's being locked into morphs that end up being pretty crappy/situational.