Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Cyrodiil insane lag.

Nitratas
Nitratas
✭✭✭
Hey,

just making sure you know about the insane lag in campaigns as soon it hits medium population. It has become even worse after the craglorn patch. Can we at least get a word on it? PvP was supposed to be the main thing in this game, smooth servers were advertised too. Lag, class imbalance and all of the exploits are really not making pvp attractive experience.

FYI: EU server, Auriels bow
  • Catbug
    Catbug
    Same issue here, had rollbacks in PVP and other nasty stuff.
    Olaf - Veteran 3 Nord Templar, Legionnaire of the of the Ebonheart Legionnaires
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue, same server.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last night was the worst it has been in a while on the NA server. 2-3 second delays. Definitely worse since patch.
  • Mends_from_Shadows
    Yeah the lag in Cyrodiil needs to be addressed. There are multiple threads about it in the Alliance War forums and no one from ZOS is acknowledging the issue.
    Cyrodiil Issues as of 6/3/2014
    - Massive Lag since Craglorn patch.(Still bad lag on "Laggajack" NA and some other campaigns.)
    - Forward Camps and other Siege bugging out frequently
    - Caltrops granting Immunity to Siege Weapon Damage
    - Massive Faction Imbalances in Most Campaigns / Several Dead Campaigns
    - Mercenary Mage Spam (sometimes causing them to go invulnerable)
    - Players exploiting Keeps/Scrolls through DK Chain Pulls to go around defenses

Yay Zenimax is doing things.
  • Nitratas
    Nitratas
    ✭✭✭
    2-3 seconds? thats easy mode man. we have 15 seconds + at some battles. Its a joke of some sort. two organised groups containing 40-50 people each clash together, spamming aoe attacks and heals but none of the skills go off. so we're just standing there waiting for something to happen. Fun.
  • Nitratas
    Nitratas
    ✭✭✭
    Well, totally full auriels bow few weeks ago and now it's low/medium populated. Facts speak for themselves
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • maczcoobb16_ESO
    the state of pvp at the moment makes me just sad. the gameplay feels like i'm playing under water with a constant laggy feeling. the unbreakable CC that was introduced with the craglorn patch that seems to be random. not being able to mount up for no apparent reason other than being in combat( while of course not being in combat ).
    and what really makes me sad is that there is no acknowledgement from zenimax on this issue, they just stay silent.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nitratas wrote: »
    Well, totally full auriels bow few weeks ago and now it's low/medium populated. Facts speak for themselves

Auriels Bow is dead because it is completely over populated by AD (NA sever). Most people moved to Wabba which is more balanced but still only med/low population most of the time.
    2-3 seconds? thats easy mode man. we have 15 seconds + at some battles.

Well 2-3 seconds was probably an understatement. I have a great connection and a pretty good system so I guess I am lucky. Last nights delay was all the time for everything I did, not just in battles. Even in the gate area mounting would take 5 second of just standing around before the animation would begin.
  • kingmat75
    kingmat75
    Soul Shriven
    i'm tired, 2 months of play on "EU" server with 200/300 ping instead of 40/50.

i'm payng a sub to play an EUROPEAN SERVER, then move the server now or RENAME the server to US.. because this is unaccetable after 2 month.

i love the game and want to play without lag and the right ping for a 2014 mmo.
    Edited by kingmat75 on 28 May 2014 20:31
  • Mends_from_Shadows
    So many issues with PvP at the moment. Lag being one of the main concerns. Zenimax completely *** themselves over by just staying silent about every PvP issue.
    Cyrodiil Issues as of 6/3/2014
    - Massive Lag since Craglorn patch.(Still bad lag on "Laggajack" NA and some other campaigns.)
    - Forward Camps and other Siege bugging out frequently
    - Caltrops granting Immunity to Siege Weapon Damage
    - Massive Faction Imbalances in Most Campaigns / Several Dead Campaigns
    - Mercenary Mage Spam (sometimes causing them to go invulnerable)
    - Players exploiting Keeps/Scrolls through DK Chain Pulls to go around defenses

Yay Zenimax is doing things.
  • Nitratas
    Nitratas
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, it's ridiculous. I don't even find a word to compare the current state of lag to anything
  • Banono1
    Banono1
    ✭✭
    NA's Wabbajack (AKA the only campaign that still has players) is suffering from lag as well every night.

@ZOS, I'm a patient person, but the population is dropping off like mad and I'm not gonna PvP by myself and pay to do so.
  • ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I noticed some bad lag on wabbajack most nights. sometimes it's annoying but managable, and others we get rolled back or have a 10-15 second delay
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    I can't even find a word to compare the current state of lag to anything.

I can give you two words.

Marvel. Heroes.