Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Really!

stokesc
stokesc
Soul Shriven
So, without sounding like a complete girl, what are you doing?

I've had a V10 for some time, not exploited or cheated my way there as some have but the cross alliance end-game that was talked about by Mr. Sage never appeared so I had to start a new toon, to allow me to play with other friends (even though I asked during BETA and the first few weeks of "release" on your forums and CS etc. with no reply), while redoing all the 1000+ quests I've done already (btw no motifs found - lvl 45 on new toon) and I find myself in complete disbelieve that the people you hired can't do there jobs enough to sort this cr4p out!

I love the ES franchise and I will stick with the game as, well it costs less than 2 pints in my area, but please give me a chance; employee people who actually know what they're doing and a Customer Services team that deals with "Customers"... If I was your PM, then you'd never had got to release, but then again you haven't seeing as it isn't out on your target audience of consoles yet!!

It impresses me with the stupidity it takes to not even bother employing temps to come in and kick bots, FFS... as a company you can't be that bad!!

Lots of love,

Me!

P.S. Yes I have had a beer but it doesn't change the question, which is, WHY?!?
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    stokesc wrote: »
    So, without sounding like a complete girl,

Really? Did you really just say that?

Lets blame the beer
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read your entire post and i didn't understand what your issue is. That after vr10 you can't play with players from other alliances cooperatively? That was never talked about/promised, as far as i know (and i followed the game closely long before release)
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    I don't get it. How does your comment make you sound like a complete girl?
  • stokesc
    stokesc
    Soul Shriven
    Tarwin wrote: »

Lets blame the beer

I apologise, that's not the proudest I've been about a comment I've made!

I read your entire post and i didn't understand what your issue is. That after vr10 you can't play with players from other alliances cooperatively? That was never talked about/promised, as far as i know (and i followed the game closely long before release)

My issue is he gave an interview explaining that cross-alliance grouping would be available but then the game, not blaming him clearly, back tracked on it so I have to deal with simple arse exploits like bots riddling the game, which if a programmer can't find the loop holes in ones code they shouldn't be employed in the first place and I have to waste time re-doing all the quests again as they decided you wouldn't need an alt!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure you're going to get more flamed about making the comment about being a girl than you would for anything else OP.
    Maybe next time think about writing "So, without sounding too whiny,"
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My issue is he gave an interview explaining that cross-alliance grouping would be available

I really don't remember any such statements, and i certainly would because that's a big one. They said you'll get to play in other alliance's areas, but never that you would be able to do any cross-alliance grouping. You probably just misunderstood.
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm well I started in the beta in November and never once since then heard anything about cross faction play. I believe perhaps you confused what was said about being able to play in the other factions areas starting at v1 to mean cross faction play perhaps?
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm wondering what an incomplete girl sounds like!
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got beer? :D
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • stokesc
    stokesc
    Soul Shriven
    Once again I apologise... I should have left:

Sage assuaged most of my fears, however, when he mentioned that once you hit level 50 and decide to play in another alliance's areas, you'll be able to play with friends in that faction. So at the endgame, things begin to open up and you can group up, chat, and run dungeons with players of other factions. The one area where things remain separate is, of course, the Alliance War in Cyrodiil.

massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/19/the-elder-scrolls-online-interview-paul-sage/

My point being, once again, I asked the question time and time again and with no "official" responce.... it takes 2 seconds to say "yes" or "no"!

I'll apolgise to everyone, I enjoy the game, but I'm annoyed (and using too many comma's); so I'm very sorry for those who read this post but I don't want to join a different group (guild) of people and I've vented when I probably should've just gone to bed :)
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    My high school biology teacher said one time that males were just incomplete females, because the Y chromosome was really a broken X.

Just sayin'
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Lets blame the beer

I think he hates women
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭

Lets blame the beer

God, you beat me to it. And I mean, I was ready with any number of comments ... but you beat me to it.

You win. :)
    Edited by MaxBat on 28 May 2014 21:36
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, without sounding like a complete girl...

Women/Girls take offense, what is it negative thing to sound like a girl?

Only men like beer... OH LOOK AT HIM the manly man! :#

Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • stokesc
    stokesc
    Soul Shriven

Lets blame the beer

I think he hates women

Without getting into an argument but why is are you e assuming I'm not female??? I didn't mean to bring my sex into it but you assume too much!
  • stokesc
    stokesc
    Soul Shriven

Lets blame the beer

I think he hates women

Without getting into an argument but why is are you e assuming I'm not female??? I didn't mean to bring my sex into it but you assume too much!

Clearly drank too much! Spelling aside, just wow!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not too common for someone to use their own gender in a negative.
    Any way I think this thread has kind of run its course on what was actually meant to be discussed.
    Just try to be more mindful in future when you're looking at using a word in a negative way.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    I read the linked article and believe the reviewer... errr... previewer was most likely confused about what they were told. Here's the quote, "At this point, I started to get nervous about a possible design misstep because splitting your playerbase into thirds can be detrimental when you're trying to get a group together for any cooperative activity, such as a dungeon run. Sage assuaged most of my fears, however, when he mentioned that once you hit level 50 and decide to play in another alliance's areas, you'll be able to play with friends in that faction. So at the endgame, things begin to open up and you can group up, chat, and run dungeons with players of other factions. The one area where things remain separate is, of course, the Alliance War in Cyrodiil."

It's pretty obvious the previewer didn't understand the explanation, as when you reach level 50 and go to the zones of the other alliances, you'll be level 50! Obviously even if you could see the players from that alliance once you got there, if you were fighting level 5 mobs at level 50 it would be beyond boring, just as if they were fighting VR1 mobs at level 5 it would be beyond impossible.

I do however think it was a really bad idea to split the PVE player base into thirds for no reason. They could fix that however, for endgame zones like Craglorn. Hope they do, but won't hold my breath.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thunder wrote: »
    I do however think it was a really bad idea to split the PVE player base into thirds for no reason. They could fix that however, for endgame zones like Craglorn. Hope they do, but won't hold my breath.

They should make some of them contested territory as well with open world PVP, Cyrodiil is actually pretty exciting because of that.
  • stokesc
    stokesc
    Soul Shriven
    Turelus wrote: »
    It's not too common for someone to use their own gender in a negative.
    Any way I think this thread has kind of run its course on what was actually meant to be discussed.
    Just try to be more mindful in future when you're looking at using a word in a negative way.

I'm so happy that you read my post, as much of as a rant as it was, and all you picked up on was the fact I used gender (If you took the total of online players as a whole it would be massively male orientated) as the thing you wished to warn me about.... my life lesson is learnt!

I did apologise about the tread but to warn me about the use of ones sexuality/gender is ridiculous! If you feel less empowered/like a person then you have far greater issues than me classing myself as a girl, even at 32l!!
  • magickats242cub18_ESO

I did apologise about the tread but to warn me about the use of ones sexuality/gender is ridiculous! If you feel less empowered/like a person then you have far greater issues than me classing myself as a girl, even at 32l!!

It's really not about feeling empowered as much as the fact that a majority of troll posts start off in that manner. It only invites more trolling and the original intent of the post gets lost.

Just posting your concerns would have been better, since in reality your gender has nothing to do with the state of the game, and reasons why you are frustrated.

Again, that's just my view of things.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want this to be a debate that continues as it's not really helpful for the forums or the community (especially once the trolls jump in).
    I read the rest of your post but it wasn't really something which could take much commenting on, a member of ZOS said something incorrect during an interview or was misquoted which lead to your misunderstanding of how the game mechanics would work.
    It's also not so ridiculous to warn you that using a gender in a negative way might cause someone offence, as I said in my first post with recent news stories, the internet and social media going crazy right now with debates about misogyny and negative ways women are treated in society why is it so ridiculous for someone to say you might want to think about how you post in future.
    The population of one gender in gaming doesn't mean anything, female gamers shouldn't be classed as lesser gamers because there aren't as many.

My posts and comments were aimed at bringing some level of awareness to yourself and other posters that using gender as a negative isn't really the best way to act. If that upset you and you disagree with me I'm sorry but I try my best to stand against things like that in the hopes others can learn.

I'll refrain from making another post in this thread as I think this is a debate none of us really want to have on these forums.