Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why can't I log in to my character?

Scythiss
Scythiss
I try to log into my character it loads for ever then logs me out of my account and says unknown error. WTF?
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you happen to be in Deshaan? There's a ton of people unable to log in right now, including me, and it seems like most of them have their characters in Deshaan.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Scythiss
    Scythiss
    Glurin wrote: »
    Do you happen to be in Deshaan? There's a ton of people unable to log in right now, including me, and it seems like most of them have their characters in Deshaan.

My char is stross m'kai won't let me log on. ZOS please fix your damn game. I find it offensive that people are paying 15 dollars a month for this unfinished product.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stros M'kai is actually the other zone that's coming up as being unable to log into at the moment. So yeah, you're not alone by a long shot.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Tylur2237
    Tylur2237
    Soul Shriven
    Possibly same issue as a bunch of folks are having as reported in this thread that started this morning:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/104222/forever-loading-screen-not-in-pvp

• Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue in Cyrodiil. I am stuck on the horse and after 20 seconds it logs me out with unknown error
  • Scythiss
    Scythiss
    ZOS fix your damn game or give us more game time. This is ridiculous.
  • black-gryphonb14_ESO
    Oh good - I thought I was the only one. All my toons are in Stros M'Kai because it's the most convenient place for accessing vault and crafting stations. But because of this I can't do a damn thing - thought it was my internet connection - it passed with flying colors, did a repair but nothing needed fixing, and even rebooted the computer (1 with and 1 without add-ons) and still can't get in.
    -
    Going to guess it's a glitch with a stealthily applied 'fix' to help curb bots?
    Aaelefein, a Veteran Templar of the 14th Level seeking to complete his Master Crafter Certification but still needs to finish exploring Craglorn in order to acquire all the knowledge pertaining to the Nirnhoned Trait.