Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So oil travels up walls now?

• Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    VlVEC wrote: »
    What a childish way to carry yourself OP.

Honestly, if the Devs can't replicate the problem, they aren't trying! LOL It's very easy to do and it's common knowledge that it's a good way to clear a tower ;)
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    Are you kidding @Ashlynne? You're blaming a Forum Mod for not immediately doing a programmers job?
    The beginning of the words is ALMSIVI. I give you this as Vivec.
    Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like how OP took the time to make a forum thread, yet after getting an actual reply from ZOS, stated it wasn't worth the trouble to them to help them find a fix. And yet the devs continued to look into it without their cooperation, and actually updated on their efforts to get a fix. So after all that, and after claiming they were done with the thread, OP makes an even bigger post to **** on the company.

Sure there are fanboys, but this thread reeks of just wanting to be negative and let nothing stand in the way of that.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Nitratas
    Nitratas
    ✭✭✭
    Banono1 wrote: »
    Since a ZOS person is reading this thread, could you be so kind as to let the dev team and QA guys know that oil traveling up walls is a small problem compared to the game breaking lag that happens every night?

We've go folks looking into that as well, especially the increased latency recently occurring in Cyrodiil. @Banono1, are you experiencing it in Cyrodiil? If so, what campaign? Or is the latency you're experiencing everywhere? What megaserver are you on?

EU megaserver, Auriel's Bow. Every night. Everytime at least 20+ vs 20+ groups of players clash together everything lags. Gates dont work, skills dont go off. Everyone just stands there, you see the skill animations bu nothing really happens.
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andersan wrote: »
    I don't submit bug reports for this game anymore nor do I take screenshots of bugs. With all due respect to you (since you're not responsible for the overall experience I have) I have no confidence that anything will ever get fixed by the company you work for. I'm a nightblade after all.

Also kidding (if people can't tell) about doing this myself because it's just a *** move.

So you think starting a thread is more useful than submitting a bug?
    And apparently you hope on Jessica that she is dealing with it because she has nothing else todo?

Mate, she is the community manager and not your personal support clerk.
    If thousands of players would deal with bugs like that, guess who actually needs to create tickets in the support system.

Its her because she cares about the problems and this community, but this eats up a lot of her time. Of course she would never complain about it because she knows how to deal with customers and she is being helpful.

But that means she is not able todo many other important tasks that are actually part of her job description and helpful for the community ...

Think about it!
    Edited by Bromburak on 28 May 2014 05:38
  • andersan
    andersan
    ✭✭✭
    Angry angry Australians.

By the way... she gets paid to deal with this. I actually PAY to deal with a buggy game. I think it all evens out.
    Edited by andersan on 28 May 2014 05:38
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bromburak wrote: »
    Think about it!

Hey now, you're going to give him migraines.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    How any of you can still respect Zenimax is beyond me. They have continually shown a complete lack of concern for their customer base as a whole over and over.

*cough* Drama Queen
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way... she gets paid to deal with this. I actually PAY to deal with a buggy game. I think it all evens out.

Not true, read my posting again!
    Edited by Bromburak on 28 May 2014 05:54
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    Thanks again for the report about this issue. We've identified the cause, and have a fix prepped to go out with a future patch.

With the next content patch in 4-6 weeks along with the Nightblade fixes right?

Nah, First they fix Templar, the NightBlade is to buggy to even start fixing atm.
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • andersan
    andersan
    ✭✭✭

Wait so you think she doesn't get paid?
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    How any of you can still respect Zenimax is beyond me. They have continually shown a complete lack of concern for their customer base as a whole over and over.
    • They do not have adequate testers or a testing environment for what they release. No public testing realm right off the bat?
    • They do NOT release information or statements on a timely basis. (The vet mob buff during the craglorn patch anyone?)
    • They continually do NOT release information they should (this is evident by the changes made during patches that are not communicated). Do other MMO's have long threads detailing changes that aren't included in patch notes?
    • They did not balance their classes or release completed classes. Beta testers have often commented on the fact that Templars and Nightblades were released late in the beta process and were not ready for launch at all.
    • The sheer time it takes for them to fix quest bugs or mob respawns or whatever else. Sure these didn't affect me much but the existence of them is problem enough.
    • The pvp issues like caltrops, or the vampire ult, or even the oil should never have existed.
    • The dupe bug (not that I care because it didn't affect me) along with people losing their items.

There are just too many problems to list. I would have been happy waiting for a few months for this game instead of this.

I feel sorry for Jessica and the other staff that post and reply here because it's mostly fanboys pretending that there are no issues or it's people with a TON legitimate issues.

I still have hope for this game. I just have no faith in the team that manages it. You can still like a game and criticize the creators for their many missteps.

Stop apologizing for them.

EDIT: Just to be clear I still play and I still have fun. I just can't ignore the incompetence (or maybe it's just ignorance) of Zenimax.

Doesnt matter how bad Zenimax is, we treat other human beings with respect, they got feelings too, no matter how bad you think Zenimax is.

Blame it on the decision makers, dont take it out on ordinary employees who btw might not be to happy with stuff either.

Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • AinGeal
    AinGeal
    ✭✭✭
    Good on ya OP. I haven't reported too many bugs but I have reported quite a few bots. I do remember the very first bug I did report though. On the very first day of the 5 day head start. Included a screen shot and everything. I'm logged into the game on my other monitor looking at the same bug right now.

It gets tiresome to report these things and not get any kind of feed back. It makes doing it feel unimportant and ineffective.

Many of the complaints I see about this game, I've seen before. With game after game. Each released MMO feels as though the people who worked on developing it have never worked on an MMO before. One would think that after more than a decade of MMO games being released, that the number of bugs and other issues that occur would be a little less. That lessons would be learned and passed on. The the system (steps, guidelines, etc.) used to develop these games would improve and, as a result, improve the games.

It's just getting tiresome. I often think that as players, we're being taken for fools by these companies.
  • andersan
    andersan
    ✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »
    Blame it on the decision makers, dont take it out on ordinary employees who btw might not be to happy with stuff either.

I have a lot of respect for the forum moderators and I was pretty clear about that. I have no respect for the company they work for due to poor decision making, incompetence, and lack of communication. Jessica did everything just right and was very polite about it.

Hopefully people above her are seeing all these issues and the disgruntled playerbase and working to change their ways and start delivering a finished product to their customers.
    Edited by andersan on 28 May 2014 06:34
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks again for the report about this issue. We've identified the cause, and have a fix prepped to go out with a future patch.

I hope next time you do better testing on patches.
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • htoncic
    htoncic
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I like how OP took the time to make a forum thread, yet after getting an actual reply from ZOS, stated it wasn't worth the trouble to them to help them find a fix. And yet the devs continued to look into it without their cooperation, and actually updated on their efforts to get a fix. So after all that, and after claiming they were done with the thread, OP makes an even bigger post to **** on the company.

Sure there are fanboys, but this thread reeks of just wanting to be negative and let nothing stand in the way of that.

Maybe the OP is disillusioned with Zenimax. Maybe they are tired of reporting bugs that never get fixed. Maybe they've had enough of patches that claim to have fixed things when they haven't, while simultaneously breaking stuff that worked before the patch.

Fanboi apologism goes a long way, but at a certain point, Zenimax have to start pulling their own weight.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see this working though >_>

Follow me here.

If you dumped it fast enough, and i mean like mega hard and fast, it would splash EVERYWHERE.

if it hit a solid surface vertically, it would splash up for sure.

To test this, go throw a bucket of water at your wall and see it hit your ceiling.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • bean19
    bean19
    ✭✭✭
    I don't submit bug reports for this game anymore nor do I take screenshots of bugs. With all due respect to you (since you're not responsible for the overall experience I have) I have no confidence that anything will ever get fixed by the company you work for. I'm a nightblade after all.

Also kidding (if people can't tell) about doing this myself because it's just a *** move.

I'm surprised at this attitude. ESO is an enormous game and the number of bug fixes since launch has honestly impressed me. One of the big advantages WoW has is that it has been out for nearly a decade and they have massive beta tests due to their massive audience so they have few bugs. Zenimax launched with as much content as WoW and is trying to get bug free as quickly as possible.

Class balance is game design and clearly there are problems (and not just with the Nightblade), but they've even posted a sticky topic about upcoming Nightblade changes meant to improve the class. At the same time, we are probably going to see heavy nerfs to AoE DoT abilities like Dragon Knight Standard, Storm Atronach, and Nova as well as how restoration staff builds ultimate (guesses based on people destroying trials by using these resto-staff spam to build ultimate fast and then stacking AoE DoT ultimates to destroy everything). This is another area where WoW has an advantage because WoW has dumbed down character progression choices (other than talent spec and a few talent choices, there aren't any) to the point that you really CAN'T min/max and "break" the game. . . and I think that coming up with custom builds that are really powerful and/or cater to different playstyles is actually one of ESO's greatest strengths - a strength that is a direct result of imbalance, so I'm not in any hurry for them to nerf and boost us down to fewer choices.

Now, I agree that there are a lot of issues - especially if you include all of the things they've dealt with since launch and blame them for not having a more thorough beta (as you do in your last post) - but the fact that you've seen so many of them fixed should encourage you to use /bug so that they can fix this new one.
    Edited by bean19 on 28 May 2014 08:51
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭

Reading isn't your strong suit is it....

And drama queen is right (and gods help me I'm feeding him the attention he wants but oh well). You've done nothing but insult the people working at ZoS - and don't hide behind "I'm angry at the company, not the people" like a coward. The company is the people, which you'd know if you'd ever worked outside of McDonalds. Insult my company, insult the product we put out, and you insult me.

But I thought you were done posting here? So drama queen and a liar to boot.

• Aballister
    Aballister
    ✭✭✭
    Avidus wrote: »
    I love this, find a thread a dev posts in and try to swamp them with all of your problems.
    Ill just add to that.
    My car makes a strange noise when cornering hard, I know that nothing is rubbing anywhere and the noise seems to be mechanical.
    My car is mid engine and has run completely smooth to this point.
    How do I fix this immediately with no extra cost.
    And no you do not get anymore information than that.

Come on ZoS, I have already wrote several sentences and you have not fixed it yet.. Guess I better cancel my sub.

if it's a BMW 1 series, then it's a known issue with the fuel tank and a valve which is suppose to stop the fuel sloshing from side to side :wink:

Dark Elf Sorc(AD)
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    I could see this working though >_>

Follow me here.

If you dumped it fast enough, and i mean like mega hard and fast, it would splash EVERYWHERE.

if it hit a solid surface vertically, it would splash up for sure.

To test this, go throw a bucket of water at your wall and see it hit your ceiling.

In Skyrim, when oil was ignited it, the flames did burn up quite a way, even around pillars and sometimes corners (but only a bit).

I'm thinking they imported the oil burning subroutines into ESO, with obvious results. But I'm sure they will fix it. (either that or allows us a Dwemer Oil thrower) ;)
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the OP got multiple ZOS posts, even one stating that this issue will now get fixed in a future patch...and they still make jabs while getting help?

By the Eight, parents need to actually stop letting their kids play M-rated games, things would be much more peaceful...

I'll take Zenimax's handful of screw ups so far over EA's complete disaster that is SWTOR where literally no one gives a damn, you get no response from CS whether a ticket or the forums (unless it is about their micro transaction store which is the game's primary focus) and bugs from their beta are still around; along with totally unbalanced PvP.

I'm incredibly happy that Zenimax seems to actually try and give a damn about issues.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, read my previous post instead being ignorant regarding her job description!

If you don't want to submit bugs any longer, thats your choice.

You are one of those players that think they own the world and your expectations are beyond acceptable and unfortunately you have no respect.

Good luck with this attitude.

• steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it was nice to get CS input so quickly.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's not been an MMO release ever that couldn't have a similar list of complaints drawn up, especially after only 7 weeks.

The OP's attitude in the face of a mod's polite response is snotty and childish. Period.
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do't see the problem, oil just, uhh.....splashes really high, yeah that's it!