Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Motif drop buffed SIGNIFICANTLY in patch 1.1.2

• ryanmc_ESO
    I do agree the racial mats have increased but so far I have yet to see any motif as I played for some 14 hours yesterday. Granted I don't "furniture farm", this is normal game play, but I do often make a point to "clear" buildings and be on the lookout for bags / urns etc.. This was all VR7+ zones
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, they shouldn't be so super rare that people corner markets on them. I see the same people asking to buy peoples motifs, collecting them all and changing the prices higher and higher. Also the amount people sell the materials for is ridiculous. I've collected my fair share, but I don't screw people over with ridiculous pricing.

This should be intended and not even an error ---- with the same reasoning behind ZOS not wanting an Auction House, non-bound items should not be so rare that people can corner markets on them. I loot a lot so regardless I find plenty of items. However there were people taking advantage of motifs being rare and selling for ridiculous prices. I don't care about selling the extras I find, I earn plenty of gold just from questing and selling sets, mats, etc.. for reasonable prices. I've both been gifted and gave as a gift rare motifs ---- for free. So I see this as a positive change if it's true that they are popping up easily now --- and the materials should in high level vet zones.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on 23 May 2014 17:24
  • daveben007b14a_ESO
    I have gotten a crap load of blue/purple recipes but yet to find a single motif in vr1-5 zone last night :(
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure it's easier now to find rare motifs in Patch 1.1.2. On the European server people are shouting WTS Deadric Motif in all zones. Prior to the patch you would maybe see one person selling a Daedric Motif every 3 to 5 days.
    I've also found one myself, searching for only about 10 minutes, and I also found several pieces of Copper, Palladium, Argentum and Daedra Hearts.
    Edited by GaldorP on 23 May 2014 17:29
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    I found 37 Barbaric motifs in 12 minutes... then I woke up.
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    2 barbarians in Glenumbra in 3 hours.

I also noticed a lot more unique sellers in trying to sell all 4 rare motifs. In particular there was a lot of Ancient Elf and Barbarian for sale.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    My secret to getting the (non-rare) motifs I want: When I find one I don't want I I keep it until I see someone offering to sell the one I want in chat then pst them asking if they want to trade. Since they are selling for gold and one is worth as much as another they have said yes every time so far.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on 23 May 2014 18:27
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    I am only in stormhold and have found only one or two motifs on my own, the rest I paid for. I won't pay more than 500 for one, so not many. I wait for people who sell them cheaper and jump on it. I would really like a wood elf one but so far not happening. I don't know when/if I'll ever get high enough level to ge the ancient ones, but for now would be happy with the lower ones xD
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hooray! Hopefully I'll find something soon. :)
    QQing is a full time job
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look like the cupboard, trunk and cabinets has changed, previously they was all empty of held lockpicks if lucky after you had opened 5-8 and cooldown was more than 24 hours, you would only get empty cabinets even after a day offline.

Currently 20% are empty after looking in most houses in all the cities in Stonefall VR1. closed containers who contains noting is rare say 5%.

Even if more than a day cooldown on each containers you can search multiple zones and hundreds of containers daily, 10-50 times more containers and drop rate will increase the same way.

Guild of 30 online three rare including one daeric, then most did pvp.
    In short most found nothing but more found today than the last 2 weeks.
    As I loged out it was WTS daeric 60k.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • andreas.rudroffb16_ESO
    beta Phase b1.1.2 has begun, the stresstest for the charscreen servers :)

it keeps people away from bugs and stop wining :)
    Edited by andreas.rudroffb16_ESO on 23 May 2014 22:21
  • AlexanderTheGreat
    AlexanderTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    This is the problem. "Normal" players almost never find motifs, because the drop rate must be adjusted around those who log in and out and in and out for hours or days at a time. The mechanics encourage a playstyle indistinguishable from (and every bit as enjoyable as) professional gold farming.

The find rate limiter should have included some sort of timer, ideally a delay from when you logged in. Endless relogging should not be the path to glory.

/thread
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    They weren't buffed. The drop rate is the same as it was prior to the patch.
    What they did was fix the bug that made containers empty. So while the drop rate remained the same, you now have more chances for loot.

Itemization

The rate at which you can earn racial motifs and provisioning recipes from lootable containers and furniture has been slightly reduced.
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have news for you guys. This part of the patch was in the game 2 patches ago or so. They just didn't update the patch notes and left it in the 1.1.2 patch notes. That's why they've all started drying up over the last week or so. Took them a few weeks to start selling out.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish / hope this is true... but... well... I've lots of extra lockpicks if anyone needs some...
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also getting a lot more recipes and motifs. The big difference is that there are a lot fewer empty ones.
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Found one Ancient Elf motif and a few Deadra Hearts / Palladium in like an hour, but a ton of crap as well. Might have been lucky, might have been an improvement. Whatever the case, I did notice an enormous amount of people farming motifs while I was doing it.
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually find motifs in dungeons, catacombs etc. in the deeper levels. Don't bother searching in locations that are easy to get to like people's homes or castles for example. Also, they seem to occur mostly in chests and 'cupboard' style containers. Interesting though, I never found any until after the Craglorn update myself. I wasn't really looking for them, but I was diligent in searching for treasure though. Anyway, to all my fellow hardcore MMO crafters (we who truly love the game)... Happy Motif Hunting!
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm finding significantly more motifs after last patch, I found 3 yesterday, prior to that I had only found 1, and even that was after a patch that supposedly nerfed to drop rate.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    vyal wrote: »
    I've seen zero motifs, blue recipes, or purple recipes, since the patch, myself, at VR5, in VR5 content.

That is, no Ancient Elf, no Daedric. Nothing 10-14.

So, personally, nope, 100% disagree with the OP, it's the same as it was since 1.0.6, for me.

Lol...thats because Deadric and Ancient Elf only drop in 3rd Alliance....tinfoil hat more.
  • ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    I don't log out farm, since I find that incredibly boring. But I do check everything, everywhere (takes me about 45mins to clear a public dungeon if there's a ton of crates/bags etc) And I grab everything from the containers. I've found 2 primal and 3 barbaric, but no ancient elf or daedric. I'm not sure if the chance to find them has been buffed or not, but I feel like half the problem is people opening the containers and then leaving the goods, which keeps that malt or what have you just percolating there until someone grabs it (much like the ever loved "worms" plants) it's easy to destroy items, and who knows, the next respawn of the crates just may be a motif.
    Edited by ErilAq on 28 May 2014 14:27
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've finally encountered motifs recently since launch, grabbed 2 Barbaric and a Primal on the same day in Stonefalls (VR); got lucky with that 2nd Barberic because I used that to trade for a Daedric + gold! :D

Now all I need is to grind for Ancient Elf in the future (idk I'm not into that armor, but never hurts to hav everything to sell), and upgrade to Imperial Ed. at one point...

But yes, I am more than happy to see the price gouging stop for "rare" motifs.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • daveben007b14a_ESO
    Have any of you guys had any luck with the imperial motif? I managed to find all others but this one eludes me at every turn :(
  • silvernightscape
    I started playing with the early release and have now hit level 46. I just found my first motif last night.
  • FunkyBudda
    FunkyBudda
    ✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    This is the problem. "Normal" players almost never find motifs, because the drop rate must be adjusted around those who log in and out and in and out for hours or days at a time. The mechanics encourage a playstyle indistinguishable from (and every bit as enjoyable as) professional gold farming.

The find rate limiter should have included some sort of timer, ideally a delay from when you logged in. Endless relogging should not be the path to glory.

exactly. Zenimax seems to like to cater to the exploiters or players with lots of time logged into the game. Kardala farming was "fixed" after all the exploiters got their main and alts to VR12, now the casual and normal players have to deal with the grinds again.
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not exploit or log out, and was simply trying to level my provisioning. I found 2 motifs in under an hour.
  • FunkyBudda
    FunkyBudda
    ✭✭✭
    Nooblet wrote: »
    I did not exploit or log out, and was simply trying to level my provisioning. I found 2 motifs in under an hour.

my apology, my last reply wasn't directed at anyone specifically in this thread. I was referring to exploiters (Zenimax gave certain keys to small group of players who probably didnt report the Kardala exp farming bug and benefited from it) and players with lots of time logged in the game (i.e. farmers of any thing in game, items or gold).
  • Sendarya
    Sendarya
    ✭✭✭
    Ancient elf and Daedric are now so common the prices are dropping while you watch. Saw one person trying to sell combo's (AE + daedric only 60k TOTAL!), and was seeing Ancient elf last night for under 40k by mor than one person.
    +
    I love how there are pages and pages on the "nerf", but when it is CLEARLY buffed back up, so much so that prices are at or BELOW what they were in the first month, people still want to cry nerf.

The in-game-market is all the proof we need. Multiples for sale in chat in every 35+ zone in the game at all times of day, and that is not even an exaggeration.

Most of you got your wish for a buffed drop rate, now we can all get them, and yet still so many tears.
    Owner of the Traveling Tavern, serving superior and consummate foods and drinks for all your leveling needs! :p
    The Traveling Tavern is now closed, until veteran loot tables and rare food mats are fixed. I am very sorry to all my loyal customers!