Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Motif drop buffed SIGNIFICANTLY in patch 1.1.2

Xancathb16_ESO
Xancathb16_ESO
✭✭✭
A lot of people have been wanting to keep this a secret, but I thought it's about time someone let the cat out of the bag.

Since the patch I've gotten 3 motifs(2 daedric 1 ancient elf) in 3 hours while farming in daggerfall, and daedric hearts and the like are now also dropping like rain(70+ in 3hr). Multitudes of guildmates and friends have confirmed the same thing since crag hit, in fact they seem to be back at if not HIGHER than pre-nerf levels.

Happy farming! Motifs will drop down in price very soon.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They weren't buffed. The drop rate is the same as it was prior to the patch.
    What they did was fix the bug that made containers empty. So while the drop rate remained the same, you now have more chances for loot.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Xancathb16_ESO
    Xancathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Whether intentional or not, that's simply untrue. Before the patch, regardless of how many containers were open I'd almost NEVER get a daedra heart even after hours, now I get 1-2 per logout.

Motifs/rare materials are dropping like rain.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop being positive you ***. We are trying to rage here.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the problem. "Normal" players almost never find motifs, because the drop rate must be adjusted around those who log in and out and in and out for hours or days at a time. The mechanics encourage a playstyle indistinguishable from (and every bit as enjoyable as) professional gold farming.

The find rate limiter should have included some sort of timer, ideally a delay from when you logged in. Endless relogging should not be the path to glory.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stop being positive you ***. We are trying to rage here.

^That made me giggle
    EU | PC | AD
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed an increase in formerly rare items like daedra hearts, but no motifs (perhaps i've merely angered the RNG gods). It also seems like I'm getting racial trait mats like crazy even on the same piece of furniture on consecutive logins, so it seems like the furniture cooldowns are not working like they were since 1.0.6
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen zero motifs, blue recipes, or purple recipes, since the patch, myself, at VR5, in VR5 content.

That is, no Ancient Elf, no Daedric. Nothing 10-14.

So, personally, nope, 100% disagree with the OP, it's the same as it was since 1.0.6, for me.
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    vyal wrote: »
    I've seen zero motifs, blue recipes, or purple recipes, since the patch, myself, at VR5, in VR5 content.

That is, no Ancient Elf, no Daedric. Nothing 10-14.

So, personally, nope, 100% disagree with the OP, it's the same as it was since 1.0.6, for me.

well daedric and ancient elf only drop in vr6-10 zones. in vr5 you would be getting primal/barbaric
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »
    well daedric and ancient elf only drop in vr6-10 zones. in vr5 you would be getting primal/barbaric

Hmmm... this is proven somewhere? I had heard it was in all VR zones, it could be why I haven't found many nice things though.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Hmmm... this is proven somewhere? I had heard it was in all VR zones, it could be why I haven't found many nice things though.

I thought it was common knowledge.
  • angelohupb14_ESO
    I would have to confirm the OP. I have gotten at least 40+ of the rare style material and 1 ancient elf motif in like a hour of farming. Its definetly changed.
    +
    Before patch was 0 in 2 hour farm sessions.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "on the same piece of furniture on consecutive logins" - People are still "farming" I lol...
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have to confirm the OP. I have gotten at least 40+ of the rare style material and 1 ancient elf motif in like a hour of farming. Its definetly changed.
    +

The sample size is too small. To counter you, I got a daedric a couple of hours before the patch downtime yesterday, and have gotten zero motifs in 2+ hours of farming since the patch went in.

Too much anecdotal evidence flying around right now.
  • angelohupb14_ESO
    +

The sample size is too small. To counter you, I got a daedric a couple of hours before the patch downtime yesterday, and have gotten zero motifs in 2+ hours of farming since the patch went in.

Really? 2 days ago I farmed for 2 hours and got 0 Daedric Hearts, In a hour I've gotten 21. Exact same character/level and farm spot. Shennanigans
  • Xancathb16_ESO
    Xancathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    +

Yep, fair point though it seems to be leaning more and more likely towards the "motifs drop rates were buffed this patch" crowd.

We'll see soon enough.
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    +

Really? 2 days ago I farmed for 2 hours and got 0 Daedric Hearts, In a hour I've gotten 21. Exact same character/level and farm spot. Shennanigans

daedra hearts are not daedric motifs. the hearts are dropping much more readily but I don't see any daedric motifs on sale, nor have I or anyone I'm in mumble with have had any drop.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least the concerns of the bot farmer community have been met.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....almost NEVER get a daedra heart even after hours, now I get 1-2 per logout..

So what your saying is that you are one of those idiots that constantly logs in/out trying to exploit the game into giving you more motifs ???

:(
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly leaning towards a few individuals getting very lucky and spreading the news that motifs are dropping all the time now, when in fact this is not the case and the drops that occurred are an anomaly (combined with exaggeration).
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still haven't found a single motif.

Not a rare nor normal.

For people farming, maybe. For your average player ... nothing has changed.
  • DanteStyle25
    DanteStyle25
    Soul Shriven
    I have gotten 2 daedric motifs in an hour now. people are selling them everywhere in zones. I have a feeling this is only on EU server?
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a log in/log out farmer, but I do loot every container in town when I'm in town. I did this in 3 towns yesterday & got Barbaric & Primal motifs. I don't think this is a situation of just a few people getting lucky. I have no hard proof to support this, but I do know that zone chat in every zone I was in yesterday was full of people spamming motifs for sale in Barbaric/Primal/Daedric/Ancient Elf/Imperial. For the past couple weeks, you just didn't see many at all. Last night, you'd see one every few minutes.
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • angelohupb14_ESO
    Okay, I cannot confirm motifs are dropping more , but the rare crafting mats most certainly are. Maybe I just got lucky with the 1 motif I got in a short time period.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a lot of people are not taking into account is how many people are online and how many of those are finding motifs? I'd wager the actual % of people finding them is very low !
    It doesn't help when you have people like the OP making far retched claims based on no facts.
    They weren't buffed. The drop rate is the same as it was prior to the patch.
    What they did was fix the bug that made containers empty. So while the drop rate remained the same, you now have more chances for loot.

Which is much more likely to be what has happened !
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • txfeinbergsub17_ESO
    +

Yes, really. I have gotten zero motifs, and only 1 heart. See, another person to counter your "claim".
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could find motifs in general :/
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not a log in/log out farmer, but I do loot every container in town when I'm in town. I did this in 3 towns yesterday & got Barbaric & Primal motifs. I don't think this is a situation of just a few people getting lucky. I have no hard proof to support this, but I do know that zone chat in every zone I was in yesterday was full of people spamming motifs for sale in Barbaric/Primal/Daedric/Ancient Elf/Imperial. For the past couple weeks, you just didn't see many at all. Last night, you'd see one every few minutes.

That isn't conclusive. I have a deadric motif that i've been holding on to that i started selling post-patch on the news that the motif drops would be even rarer now. I doubt I'm the only one who thought of that.
  • angelohupb14_ESO
    +

Yes, really. I have gotten zero motifs, and only 1 heart. See, another person to counter your "claim".

Im farming vr6 area, my vr1 toon farming has gotten 0 heats but a ton of copper and argentum. So to be clear I'm not confirming the motifs as I have only gotten 1 , so coulda been luck, but the rare crafting material is dropping like candy for me now.
  • mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO
    Yesterday I was questing in craglorn with some friends but I needed to put some things in the bank and since I coudlnt find the bank in Craglorn, decided to port to Riften.
    When I was inside the bank of riften I saw a wardrobre behind the banker, and guess what ...found the daedric motif.

After that ..I found another motif, this one was found in Craglorn, but it was a High elves motif, it seems that items from containers are not veteran scaled in the new zone.

Stukha - Dragon Knight - Ebonheart Pact
    Bazhinga - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    /
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you are seeing is a server reset when it comes to numbers. So while the short term may see more drops for the item, the average number over the length of the release will show a near 0% difference in the overall number of drops for those Racials.