Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Tired of grinding...

taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
I'm tired of grinding to V12 already...(currently V9). I went to Craglorn today and that was alright but in order to do the Trials I have to complete Cadwells Almanac...finishing off the remaining factions storylines.

I thought this game was opened for exploration and not meant to be linear? Feels pretty linear to me. I am tired of questing. I want to get to V12 doing PvP and dungeons (what I enjoy). I don't want to have to complete all 3 storylines right now. I rather save them for later
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    I was in a trial at vet 10 and one quest away from completing cadwell questline so its not required, i also like the grind
  • drogon1
    drogon1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm tired of grinding to V12 already...(currently V9). I went to Craglorn today and that was alright but in order to do the Trials I have to complete Cadwells Almanac...finishing off the remaining factions storylines.

I thought this game was opened for exploration and not meant to be linear? Feels pretty linear to me. I am tired of questing. I want to get to V12 doing PvP and dungeons (what I enjoy). I don't want to have to complete all 3 storylines right now. I rather save them for later

Amen to this and my toons are only in their 20s. I like to play dungeons and pvp for my levels...not really viable in this game. In ESO, you MUST quest. If you do not want to quest (or heaven forbid grind mobs) - but would rather do group content to advance your toon - it will take you until Christmas to level up, and even then you'll be missing a bunch of skill points that the quester receives.

No, ESO at the moment is really a solo questing game until lvl 50. Apparently it changes at VR levels, if you can hold your nose long enough to make it there. You can reach max level just pvp'ing, but here it's more like Thanksgiving, and not Christmas, to reach max level lol.

Ironically, ESO combines some of the most open flexible class design with some of the most restrictive character progression in a AAA MMO.

• ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drogon1 wrote: »

Amen to this and my toons are only in their 20s. I like to play dungeons and pvp for my levels...not really viable in this game. In ESO, you MUST quest. If you do not want to quest (or heaven forbid grind mobs) - but would rather do group content to advance your toon - it will take you until Christmas to level up, and even then you'll be missing a bunch of skill points that the quester receives.

No, ESO at the moment is really a solo questing game until lvl 50. Apparently it changes at VR levels, if you can hold your nose long enough to make it there. You can reach max level just pvp'ing, but here it's more like Thanksgiving, and not Christmas, to reach max level lol.

Ironically, ESO combines some of the most open flexible class design with some of the most restrictive character progression in a AAA MMO.

Same here. I unsubbed for two reasons:

- no way to level through VR through group or PvP content
    - Bots, bots, bots and nothing being done about it

If the two above would've been fixed by craglorn I would've stayed.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    V2 here - I've stopped levelling - just playing PvP. I can't take another goddawful quest.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Aldrorius
    Aldrorius
    Soul Shriven
    "Hey folks,

We want you to know that we've seen all your feedback and concerns about Veteran Levels, Veteran Content, end-game character progression options, and we're in the process of planning some changes and improvements. We hope to be able to share our plans with you very soon (maybe in the next Road Ahead letter.)"

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/910442